This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kill la Kill

Comments

• Seconding Churba. You see the most trans hate from older, established members of the feminist community - people who have entered the community and who have been exposed to trans issues tend to be more sympathetic.

(Also, Nice Guys™ are a scourge, but that's another matter entirely.)

I really dislike Nice Guys, but people bring them up in totally irrelevant situations. They'll see a hipster wearing a trilby with no other context or evidence that they are a misogynist, but they'll start a huge flame war about the friend zone over it. "Nice Guys" have some pretty horrible attitudes about social interaction, so it's no small thing to just assume someone is one. I see huge arguments and drama flare up around it, all over pictures of the hat. Not harassing texts, not sexist behavior, but images of hats. Some people make accounts just for doing this. I just want the "nice guys" and the "misandrists" and the "fedoras" to go away so I can blog in peace.
  • Where is this show going?
  • HMTKSteve said:

Where is this show going?

To the anime hall of fame.
  • You know, I know this show is going places, but I'm not sure it's On the Go enough. Thoughts?
  • You know, I know this show is going places, but I'm not sure it's On the Go enough. Thoughts?

• Obvious joke, etc, etc.
  • Senketsu = Freedom. Junketsu = Justice. Mikisugi = Hawk of Endymion? Discuss.
  • Today's episode is delayed 12 hours on CrunchyRoll, so enjoy this in the meantime.

• While that is a nice gif I'm not sure if it keeps me entertained for whole 12 hours.
  • Apsup said:

While that is a nice gif I'm not sure if it keeps me entertained for whole 12 hours.

Something happens 12 hours in. Keep watching.
  • So some shit went down. And up and in every general direction.
    And action. And budget saving. I think that things will go to a direction from here.
  • Well, that was a twist I might have seen coming and didn't.
    But yeah, today is another day for budget saving and exposition, only this time it's much more interesting than "Aliens!"
  • So, having caught up to the latest (free) episode, I have some things to say.

1) In a cosmic way, it makes sense that the guy who looks kinda like Simon is voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama.
    2) Why are all awesome characters voiced by Hiyama?
    3) My god, that man's cock is glowing purple.
  • edited February 2014
    If you think that episode 17 has a lot of twists, just wait until episode 18.

Oh, it's worth noting that daisuki.net has free legal versions of the latest episode coming out before Crunchyroll does, although I'm not sure exactly how long they wait.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Was anyone really surprised by the reveal in the last episode? I think we all saw it coming with the only surprise being the back story as to how they revealed it. I think even Scott called out the relationship early in this thread.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Was anyone really surprised by the reveal in the last episode? I think we all saw it coming with the only surprise being the back story as to how they revealed it. I think even Scott called out the relationship early in this thread.

EVEN Scott? As if to suggest I rarely see things coming. Except, I am the #1 person at seeing things coming.
  • Scott and I predicted most of the show's major plot points pretty fucking early on. I assumed that particular betrayal was a plan from the episode that character was introduced.
  • Well, at the very least, Ragyo's transformation suggests that Senketsu should hopefully get a less-revealing transformation in a few episodes. It would have been nice if that had happened sooner.
  • Meh. Senketsu bothered me at first, but I've really gotten over it. Then again, I don't watch anime in public, so...
  • OH I KNEW IT I KNEW IT
  • Starfox said:

OH I KNEW IT I KNEW IT

Rehost?
  • Oops, that's what I get for hotlinking.

• edited February 2014
    Thing is,
    Athrun and Kira weren't the ones who were secretly siblings,
    so I'm not sure it counts.

As an aside, I downloaded the OST the other day since it got leaked, and Mako's image song is wonderful. The only problem is I can't seem to find it anywhere on Youtube so I can show it to people.

Edit: Looks like Soundcloud has it: Also, I can't figure out how to do a Vanilla Soundcloud plugin
    http://soundcloud.com/procore-1/light-your-heart-up-kill-la
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Whoa, I thought REVOCS was just a name that sounded like Reebok. Or is this just a coincidence?

REVOC | COVER
  • You only just got that now?
  • Starfox said:

Whoa, I thought REVOCS was just a name that sounded like Reebok. Or is this just a coincidence?

REVOC | COVER

chaosof99 said:

You only just got that now?

• How common is it in anime to use English as a basis for word play such as that?
  • HMTKSteve said:

How common is it in anime to use English as a basis for word play such as that?

Not that common, but in this instance it's pretty obvious.
  • chaosof99 said:

You only just got that now?

Yes, I did. I don't think they've referenced COVERS very many times, and this show is 100% in your face with the allcaps titles on things.

Glad I'm not imagining things at least.