This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Hype Thread

Comments

• I don't think the hype for Titanfall can get any louder.
  • sK0pe said:

As Churba said the weapon sounds aren't that great.

I don't quite remember saying that, but if I did, then I'm right and I agree completely with myself.

• To be honest, I'm disappointed. The game kinda runs like shit on my brand new machine and displays low-resolution textures even though it says everything is set to high. Also, the guns feel like airsoft guns.
  • Andrew said:

To be honest, I'm disappointed. The game kinda runs like shit on my brand new machine and displays low-resolution textures even though it says everything is set to high. Also, the guns feel like airsoft guns.

After playing a few more hours of this it is completely made for the console market. The skill cap on the weapons is extremely low.

You can't hear footfalls properly (ironically you could do this clearly in the call of duty series). If someone is shooting near you, you can barely tell due to the environmental sounds, you might as well turn you the sound off and you would play the same.

Textures are really low res, Left 4 Dead 2 puts more of a beating on my machine than this game and I've even had to turn off crossfire to play it.

Don't recommend buying this game but if it's free then go for it otherwise NS2 is still the superior crazy team play game.

• Add this to the short list.
  • I'm so hyped up for thief right now.
  • edited March 2014
    Star Citizen (I am very late to this).
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • I get this funny feeling I know what you were just watching.
  • Churba said:

I get this funny feeling I know what you were just watching.

OK it was courtesy of the Friday Night Party Line that I found out.

I'm deciding on what ship to get.

• I'm not going to pay for Feature Creep: The Game until at least the dogfighting module comes out and I see reviews. Also, I don't want to encourage Chris Roberts to expand his scope any more than he already has.
  • Coldguy said:

Thief

Add this to the short list.

Well...it turns out they pulled the first three chapter thing, in which it starts off well then goes fuck fuck fuck fuck in the rest of the novel. Avoid at all costs.

• I keep seeing so many video game writers calling Titanfall a console exclusive. I did not realize that XBone, X360 and PC were all the same.
  • edited March 2014
    HMTKSteve said:

I keep seeing so many video game writers calling Titanfall a console exclusive. I did not realize that XBone, X360 and PC were all the same.

Two are Windows PCs and the 360 is like a Windows smartphone.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • FUCK YEAH DARK S0ULS 2!!!
  • We've talked about it before, and pretty much everything about The Division is garbage. It's a AAA online RPG, probably low-skill third person shooting, Ubisoft, and more. But I still really want to play this. Probably just because NYC.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2014/03/05/new-the-division-screens-show-rooftop-combat-beautiful-huds/#gallery-top
  • Wyatt said:

FUCK YEAH DARK S0ULS 2!!!

• Wyatt said:

FUCK YEAH DARK S0ULS 2!!!

Hell yeah brother!!!!!!!!

• Dishonoured 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2014
    I keep seeing hype articles about how Titanfall will be the killer game that sells Xbones... Only one problem, the game is being released for Xbone, X360 and PC.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • HMTKSteve said:

I keep seeing hype articles about how Titanfall will be the killer game that sells Xbones... Only one problem, the game is being released for Xbone, X360 and PC.

I think they aim for same people who bought all those Call of Duties for 360.

• I'm not gonna lie, Titanfall looks like it would be a fucking blast to play with a bunch of friends! I just don't ever see myself playing it. A copy for 360 ups it from 0% to about 1% chance, since I do have a 360 collecting major dust, and my 4 year old HTPC is great at running indie games but would probably cry itself to sleep trying to run a real FPS.
  • I am not discounting Titanfall as a game just pointing out that the hypers are talking as if the game is an Xbone exclusive when it is not. Neither new console has a killer exclusive game.
  • Matt said:

I'm not gonna lie, Titanfall looks like it would be a fucking blast to play with a bunch of friends!

It's no super-twitch headclick hardcore FPS...but holy shit is it fun with friends. I managed to get a small group of people I'd regularly play with during the beta(because we all downloaded first day, and were some of the first Australian players in - which also meant we couldn't get a game for love nor money, and ended up hanging out in lobbies for 20 minutes at a time, and got to chatting) and once you get the hang of the team dynamic, it's stupid fun. We were getting mad shit people wouldn't expect - like some dude trying to rodeo my teammate's titan, only to find I'm riding on the back, and that all he was getting was a polite fuck off from my shotgun. Or having four or five titans all rolling across the map in a group, just mincing everything in a giant rolling robot death ball.

• edited April 2014
    New Trials game called Trials Fusion coming out at the end of the month. If you buy it on steam now you get into the beta.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • chaosof99 said:

New Trials game called Trials Fusion coming out at the end of the month. If you buy it on steam now you get into the beta.

AKA Super motorbike boy. I'm definitely thinking about it.
  • It appears Half Minute Hero 2 is "coming soon", about damn time!
  • Coldguy said:

It appears Half Minute Hero 2 is "coming soon", about damn time!

The game is indeed about time. It's even in the title.
  • HYPE HYPE HYPE
  • That's just as exciting as Mage Wars.