This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Hype Thread

Comments

• Even if it sucks it's a neat idea that I hear goes pretty well with how 40k is generally played.
  • Oh god...please let this game not suck.
    Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade
    MMOFPS, F2P, microtransaction supported.
    Cautious, shaky optimism.

It's microtransaction supported and you have even a sliver of hope it won't suck?
  • Yeah, you're better off spending that money on CS:GO weapon skins.
  • Apreche said:

Oh god...please let this game not suck.
    Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade
    MMOFPS, F2P, microtransaction supported.
    Cautious, shaky optimism.

It's microtransaction supported and you have even a sliver of hope it won't suck?
    I posted this on fbook and Ill post it here cause its still funny to me, part of the list of the Warhammer 40k mmo developer's games:

Hopefully they can combine the shooting mechanics of Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge with the superb driving mechanics of Doritos Crash Course 2 and make a truly freaking epic pvp combat experience ahhahhah
  • It doesn't come out until 2016 but OVERKILL (makers of Payday series) are making a Walking Dead co-op game. If anything I would trust them to come up with something awesome after Payday 2.
  • edited August 2014
    A lot of the Payday 2 community is super salty about it, though, because they just assumed that the hype was going to be about Payday. They're also raving about how the developer promoted it to the Payday 2 community, as if no developer ever tried to hype their existing communities about their big new thing.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Well having played Payday 2 with a lot of random people I can safely say most of them are dummies. So it would make sense that they would react like that.
  • edited August 2014
    MATATAT said:

Well having played Payday 2 with a lot of random people I can safely say most of them are dummies. So it would make sense that they would react like that.

Yeah I'm going to let the dummies continue to play co-op with other dummies.
    Walking Dead co-op? You mean a worse version of Left 4 Dead?

It's too bad Evolve is a 4 v 1 game, but still looking forward to it. Other than that looking forward to Beyond Earth.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • Mamotte Knight Sequel for 3DS announced.

I just hope it gets a US release.
  • sK0pe said:

MATATAT said:

Well having played Payday 2 with a lot of random people I can safely say most of them are dummies. So it would make sense that they would react like that.

It's too bad Evolve is a 4 v 1 game, but still looking forward to it. Other than that looking forward to Beyond Earth.
    I enjoy some L4D for sure, and it has similar issues of people just not paying attention. In L4D its a little more forgiving on people just doing their own thing but higher difficulties in Payday will break the group unfortunately. However Payday 2 has a shitload of customization as incentives for coming back. Some people don't like it, but I am a person that likes the game changing skills that you can unlock.

Most of the dumb shit that people do in Payday is just unnecessary, or people not thinking. Everyone is in a group, why is that one asshat over walking around masked in front of the window? Now he's spotted. Then he shoots a civ, the map lights up. There's just other things where people don't understand the concept of ferrying and placing drops in cover.

Sometimes you can find a great group that all know what they're doing and it way more fun to play. But I usually only play when people I know are playing.
  • Call me next time you're playing then. I made the mistake of going into a pub game once. It's like everyone aspires to be the next Leeroy Jenkins.
  • ThatGent said:

Call me next time you're playing then. I made the mistake of going into a pub game once. It's like everyone aspires to be the next Leeroy Jenkins.

Ah, I see you've had the payday with pubbies experience:

• Yeah that's pretty accurate.
  • Smash Bros. is going to have Bowser Jr. and the strongest of all time, Duck Hunt Dog.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/25/6065689/super-smash-bros-character-roster
  • Oh my god yes.
  • edited August 2014
    STILL NO NESS, STILL NOT BUYING.

OH wait that shows ness in that one screen even though he hasn't technically been announced.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited August 2014
    I wish they had a mode where you could play three characters and swap them mid-match like MvC.

I would play Samus, Mega Man, and Dr. Mario!

PAC-MAN would make the roster, but it's a crappy 3D PAC, not the real deal.

Dig Dug and Bionic Command should make the cut.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I had seen the Duck Hunt Dog leak a few days ago but it was still looking questionable. So happy that it is legit!

Rumor is there will be DLC character support as well? Although rumors said that about Mario Kart 8 and all we've gotten are DLC karts.
  • edited August 2014
    There's a rumor that Snake and some other character that I can't remember right now from Brawl will be DLC characters.

EDIT: I guess that list has grown to be possibly Snake, Lucas, Chorus Men(?), Ice Climbers, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • No better way to kill the hype than DLC characters.
  • Pac-Man's 3D Design is at least based on the original art, Scott. And his Side-Special turns him into normal Pac-Man.
  • Matt said:

Although rumors said that about Mario Kart 8 and all we've gotten are DLC karts.

And they picked the weirdest lineup of Mercedes' for it too. I mean, the 300SL I get, but the Silver Arrow? That basically a reskin of the Classic Dragster kart. And the GLA? Why not make the speed oriented car the SLS AMG Black and the strength car the G-Class SUV?
  • MATATAT said:

sK0pe said:

MATATAT said:

I enjoy some L4D for sure, and it has similar issues of people just not paying attention. In L4D its a little more forgiving on people just doing their own thing but higher difficulties in Payday will break the group unfortunately. However Payday 2 has a shitload of customization as incentives for coming back. Some people don't like it, but I am a person that likes the game changing skills that you can unlock.

Most of the dumb shit that people do in Payday is just unnecessary, or people not thinking. Everyone is in a group, why is that one asshat over walking around masked in front of the window? Now he's spotted. Then he shoots a civ, the map lights up. There's just other things where people don't understand the concept of ferrying and placing drops in cover.

Sometimes you can find a great group that all know what they're doing and it way more fun to play. But I usually only play when people I know are playing.
    If you play Left 4 Dead against people who are on the servers now, you cannot be carried against a well organised group, yet with most pubs you can get more points than the other team.

With Payday 2 because there is no versus component you either get fucked by idiots, rejected for not being high enough rank or you do the hardest bits then kicked.

Playing coop against AI is just not my jam.
  • I know there are a few people on the forum who have Kickstarted "Star Citizen".
    The new videos look awesome.

Does anyone have access to the current build and is it great or is it over-hyped?
  • Not sure if this belongs here, but here is a list of some weekend gaming deals:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/labor-day-weekend-gaming-deals/1100-6421998/

Thinking about picking up a xbox, but I may actually want to get a kinect. Unsure.
  • sK0pe said:

I know there are a few people on the forum who have Kickstarted "Star Citizen".

Does anyone have access to the current build and is it great or is it over-hyped?

I didn't kickstart, I went through the site, and while I have access, I don't play yet. I laid out my hard earned to play star citizen, not the world's prettiest 3d deathmatch.

• Churba said:

sK0pe said:

I didn't kickstart, I went through the site, and while I have access, I don't play yet. I laid out my hard earned to play star citizen, not the world's prettiest 3d deathmatch.

Which ship(s) did you buy?
  • sK0pe said:

Churba said:

sK0pe said:

Which ship(s) did you buy?
    I'm pretty sure it's an Aurora LX, but I'll probably end up upgrading to the LN. Or maybe even pick up another ship, get a little stable going, see how it plays out.
  • Another key point in favor of Wasteland 2 being old school:

I just spent two hours running all over an area thinking I had missed something only to figure out that I needed to use a skill to open a door to gain access to a new area of the map. Yup... The game at no point ever popped up saying, "Yo, fuckface, try using a skill on that door. No, not that one, THAT ONE. The one that sounds like it has nothing in the world to do with opening locked doors. Yes, we know that the flavor text on the door makes it sound like there is no way to open it but guess what... This is old school gaming and... FUCK YOU!!!!"
  • edited September 2014
    I remember those golden gamer days. I had to ask friends if and how that got past that part. Or camp at Walden books searching for any game guide about the game. If I couldn't get any help I would have to put the game aside and move on to something else.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on