This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack! Part II: The Revenge of the Finished Pieces!

Comments

• Here are a couple things I've been working with. First is Karen, it's a concept drawing for a treatment document I needed to do for my Interactive Narrative class.

Here are some more of the character concepts for the treatment document.

And here is a more recent thing of just my character Freya. Was mostly to experiment with some things/I hadn't drawn her in a while.
  • edited October 2008
    One comment I have, Kiey, is STOP HIDING YOUR HANDS! Just grit your teeth and draw those appendages. If you practice them, you won't feel like hiding them.

Edit: Also, Sonic, the Casa Nostra rabbit is hilarious. As is the cast of Lupin-geeknights. I don't think I'd make a very good Fujiko, though. Not much cleavage here.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited October 2008
    Just grit your teeth and draw those appendages.
    Sentence of the day, right here.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Also, Sonic, the Casa Nostra rabbit is hilarious.
    Thought you might like that one.
  • The art in this thread is:

(I am going to quickly overuse this, I know it.)
    Why a dragonfly?
    Why a dragonfly?
    Ask Nineless a.k.a. the Faceless Entity. He made it for me. :-) I think he just used my avatar pic.
    Why a dragonfly?
    Ask Nineless a.k.a. the Faceless Entity. He made it for me. :-) I think he just used my avatar pic.
    Oh, duh. Well, why is your avatar a dragonfly?
  • Oh, duh. Well, why is your avatar a dragonfly?
    I think it's just a drawing he made and posted on his blog a while ago.
  • Oh, duh. Well, why is your avatar a dragonfly?
    I think it's just a drawing he made and posted on his blog a while ago.
    I'm flattered you still read Mental Interface. That makes you... wait for it... Thaed Approved!
    Why a dragonfly?
    I did indeed use your avatar picture. Since it would be Thaed's Official Seal of Approval, it had to have something iconic of Thaed. Seeing as he uses the dragonfly image he drew as an user icon, I thought, hey, that's four out of six letters covered, next step. I recalled that you had posted a larger version of the picture on Mental Interface, so I grabbed that. I also could've used the Friday Night Party Line image of the desk clock+headset, but it would have been more difficult to get a quick, and satisfying result when using that due to the busier background, this compared to the simple white background of the dragonfly image. I just ran with Mrs. MacRoss' idea of a "Thaed Approved" icon, but since I do not know a whole lot about Thaed in the sense of taste and preferences (other than computers/hardware being awesome), I went with a general scheme of approval/victory, which consists of golden medals and laurel leaves.
  • Thaed, you can draw like that? You could make serious bank, perhaps even more serious than lawyer bank, doing illustrations in some biology texts.
  • edited October 2008
    The problem would be having to go through the "pursuing the dream" stage of being a poor artist and I am unsure how much you make with even that much skill.
    My drawing skills currently suck as I came from slacking off for about a year and now I'm focusing on moving from pencil and paper to tablet and PC.

Hey Scott, can we get an Oekaki board?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Thaed, you can draw like that? You could make serious bank, perhaps even more serious than lawyer bank, doing illustrations in some biology texts.
    I like to draw, but, like you, I draw very slowly. It's just a hobby like computers. :-)
  • It's just a hobby like computers. :-)
    *Imagines Thaed opening an old wardrobe and sketchbook upon sketchbook falling onto him.*
  • Hey Scott, can we get an Oekaki board?
    OH YES OH YES OH YES! DO WANT~! DO!
    Open Source Oekaki Applet
    That would be great. I strongly approve.
    You waste no time there, Gomily. XD

One vote here as well!
    I lost my lucky drawing notebook, otherwise I'd draw a little rabbit hopping up and down.
    OH MAN IT'S SO TRUE.
  • Oh Sonic, you got me started drawing furries, and once I get started on an art kick...Man, it's all your fault.
  • What thinckness pencil are you using? Whenever I scan in pencil it looks like crap.
  • edited October 2008
    It's not pencil. I was a little quick sketch I did on the tablet.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • >.< Does he have to be a "furry"? Can't we call him an "anthro character"? Maybe that's just the same thing. When you say "furry", it makes me think he's got a dirty secret. Then again, maybe he does. He is in a trench.
  • it makes me think he's got a dirty secret. Then again, maybe he does. He is in a trench.
    He's got watches!
  • Scott, Oekaki board? Tell us!
  • Oh Sonic, you got me started drawing furries, and once I get started on an art kick...Man, it's all your fault.
    That is everything I wish my rabbit could be.
  • He's got watches!
    I've got some good things on sale, stranger!
  • Aido -- really cool stuff. I like the style. There's a manga influence to it, but it's still very individual. I've subscribed to your webcomic.

Okay, new comic page. This one was hard.