This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack! Part II: The Revenge of the Finished Pieces!

Comments

• I love your bishies.
  • edited November 2008
    I was just messing around, but this didn't turn out to bad for something mouse-drawn using GIMP.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • I'm finally done with my first cross stitching project!

All I have to do now is mat it and hang it up. ^_^
  • Congrats! Looks like pixel art!
  • Congrats! Looks like pixel art!
    ...anyone else thinking about 8 bit quilt?
  • edited December 2008
    Congrats! Looks like pixel art!
    Thanks. I had a lot of fun making it.
    ...anyone else thinking about 8 bit quilt?
    8-bit is the perfect thing for cross stitching. My next few cross stitching projects will be smaller. Sprite Stitch shows a lot cool projects that have been done.

I want to do this next, however I am going to add Kuribo Shoe Mario to it because Kuribo Shoe Mario is awesome.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Zombie Color Final
    I finished it a while back and got around to uploading it. I'll take a picture of the shirt when I have a chance in class to print it.

My first collage. I plan on doing these regularly, so I'll hopefully improve at it. The process is really relaxing.

I think this is an improvement.
  • edited December 2008
    I tried to make them as simple as possible and was wondering what you thought of them. The heads came out quite well in my opinion, the bodies need some more work thought.
    I like the idea of just working with basic shapes but hitting the sweet spot requires a lot of trial and error, which I didn't do so much.

Update: Gave the third guy from the left side a higher contrast.
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • The one of the left is the best. The third one from the left is really hard to see on my monitor. Perhaps adjust the colors a bit?
  • The baby is good, because the shapes are inherently baby shaped. Except the body looks like a cat´s head. Not sure about the first one though; what are the red bits under the head? And why are his hands shaped like computer mice?

Overall a good idea, but like you say, it needs refining.
  • edited December 2008
    The red bumps under his head are the teeth, in his face the "bumps" look more like a beard and I wanted to avoid diagonal lines.
    As for the hands, if they were the other way around they'd look like a cat.

Edit: Hope it looks better now
  • The third one from the left is really hard to see on my monitor. Perhaps adjust the colors a bit?
    That one looks fine for me. I agree it's on the light side, but perfectly visible, did you check your contrast and brightness settings?

@Jain7th, those things are awesome. Though the baby's body looks weird compared to the head if you ask me, because of the different skin colour. That butler is the best though.
  • Yeah, those are really cool. I agree with Andrew that the first one, black and red, is the best. It's the most graphic, and enjoyable to look at. Also, sinister, so that's bonus. You're definitely pulling off some cool stuff here.

What software are you using? Illustrator?
  • Yep, I started using it one day, and after some time I tried Inkscape but it just didn't feel right.
  • after some time I tried Inkscape but it just didn't feel right.
    I have yet to try an open-source graphics program that "feels right". Those guys are good programmers, but they aren't artists.
  • I made a Metroid plushy according to the patterns on the site, Scott talked about some time ago.
    For my first plushy I don't think it's too bad. The whole thing took me around 4ish hours or the Scott Show and the 3 Parts of their convention manual. The tentacles look a bit rough because I made the whole ting too small for the fabric and rushed a bit with my stitches.

• I made a Metroid plushy according to thepatterns on the site, Scott talked about some time ago.
    For my first plushy I don't think it's too bad. The whole thing took me around 4ish hours or the Scott Show and the 3 Parts of their convention manual. The tentacles look a bit rough because I made the whole ting too small for the fabric and rushed a bit with my stitches.
    It looks like a zombie/frankenstein Metroid plushy (I mean that in a good way).
  • It's obviously a Little Big Planet Metroid.
  • edited December 2008
    It's obviously a Little Big Planet Metroid.
    Yeah I thought of that too, while I was sewing.
  • For my first plushy I don't think it's too bad. The whole thing took me around 4ish hours or the Scott Show and the 3 Parts of their convention manual. The tentacles look a bit rough because I made the whole ting too small for the fabric and rushed a bit with my stitches.
    That's really cool, Jain7th! One day I'll work on making plushies, but one small step at a time for me.

As for myself, I just finished making this animal scarf for my friend for a (late) Christmas gift.
  • As for myself, I just finished making this animal scarf for my friend for a (late) Christmas gift.
    Omg! That's so cute! Awesome job, Ro!
  • As for myself, I just finished making this animal scarf for my friend for a (late) Christmas gift.
    Omg! That's so cute! Awesome job, Ro!
    Do want! Does it have a name?
  • Omg! That's so cute! Awesome job, Ro!
    Thank you, Sail. I originally was going to make it a rabbit, but I decided to make it a bear. I will try for other animals later on.
    Do want! Does it have a name?
    Um...cute bear scarf? -_- I plan on making myself a Tare Panda scarf, however I'm not big on white because it will get dirty too fast. I might improvise and change the color to something else, but it will have the Tare Panda eyes.
  • I'm really liking all the plushy and crafty type things. I've always wanted to do that kind of stuff. I have a bit of a background in punk-rock sewing, and I've always wanted to put together a cool ragdoll or something.

Bear Police -- What are you getting at with these collages? I like this last one a lot more than the previous ones, but I still feel like I'm missing something. Also, one thing that's bugging me (and it may be intentional) is the lack of darkness in the images. They're all pushed toward the light end of the spectrum. I'd like to see some rich darks to balance the images out.

Anyway, here's a two-page spread I finished recently. I'm pretty pleased with it. The blank screens will be filled in by the letterer. I had to post it pretty small to avoid horizontal scrolling, so you can click it for a somewhat bigger version.
  • Excellent work Funfetus. Make sure to let us know when your comic comes out. Whats up with the random bacon murder?
  • edited January 2009
    Post edited by Omnutia on