This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack! Part II: The Revenge of the Finished Pieces!

Comments

That's cute stuff. But the entry I got in my RSS said something about subliminal something or other, and I spent a few minutes looking and found nothing. Am I dumb?
    Ahahaha, we were trying to be ironic. The message is very obviously and non-subliminally, "GO OUT AND VOTE."

We were considering putting 'VOTE' in Gotham Medium, though -- then there would be a subliminal message. XD
  • Ahahaha, we were trying to be ironic. The message is very obviously and non-subliminally, "GO OUT AND VOTE."
    Aargh -- I was looking so hard, trying to see "Obama" spelled out by their arms or something!
  • Cartoon Conrad is so cute! His mannerisms remind me of Scott Pilgrim so much. (Well in the comic they do. :P I don't know about the RL.)
    I would say that from the conversations I've had with Conrad irl, he's Scott Pilgrim-esque.
  • He should be playing Scott Pilgrim in the movie.
  • His mannerisms remind me of Scott Pilgrim so much
    Seriously.
  • edited November 2008
    ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Well, I attribute the majority of the Democrat victory to Aido. What about you guys?
  • Omg, Aido. Your art is so hilarious. Kills me every time. XD; I am really loving Johnny Wander, by the way - great work over there!

Here's a Rydia from Final Fantasy 4. No attention paid to anatomy or anything; it was just an excuse to color.
  • Excellent work with the colour but, am I the only one thinking she is missing a nipple?
  • O_o She's not supposed to be topless.
  • It's probably just the shadow thrown by her hair. It's too high up but the shading..
  • Aido - that was a really cute. Everyone looks fired up except for ananth since I cant see his eyebrows. So it just makes me chuckle.
    Uglyfred- Nice job on coloring. The nipple thing comes up because the top of her shirt should still be going up instead of down. I love ff4.
  • I don't get the whole hiding of the eyes thing. Is there any particular rhyme or reason for it; or has it just become a running joke?
  • I don't get the whole hiding of the eyes thing. Is there any particular rhyme or reason for it; or has it just become a running joke?
    Totally a running gag ... my icon is a case in point.
  • Check out any photo of Ananth and you'll get it. :D It's a running gag that it's impossible to get a shot of his eyes.
  • Yeah, and it kinda adds and element of mystique to him. He isn't even seen in applegeeks light, He's just a disembodied voice.
  • edited November 2008
    He's just a disembodied voice.
    That's kind of how it is being his roommate, too. It's super-creepy.

Also: I guess I should probably watch Gurren Lagen one of these days, huh?
    Conrad, We <3 You Sooooo much!</p>
    Nothing but love in return, Em!
    His mannerisms remind me of Scott Pilgrim so much.
    Despite the fact that I've modeled my whole life after Oe Kintaro I fear a little bit of Scott Pilgrim has creeped in there.
    Post edited by konistehrad on
  • Oh, also, @funfestus and @mankoon, I'm loving the stuff you've been posting! Hope you don't mind, I spent some time ruffling through some on the other work you've done. Machine looks like it's going to be a hell of a comic; I'm definitely going to grab a copy when I can. And Mankoon I just downloaded the game you're working on. I'll have you know that I'm extremely excited. :D
  • I guess I should probably watch Gurren Lagen one of these days, huh?
    Yes. Yes you should. As soon as possible would be best. :)
  • edited November 2008
    Photobucket
    Fony the Zombie Tiger.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • edited November 2008
    Zombies aren't green, they are grey, the color of dead flesh. And where are the falling bits?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Hey Artist of FRCF, I need your help. I'm making a t-shirt in graphic arts using screen print. I started on my design, but since I'm not a very good artist, I'm wondering if any of you can help me out here?

This is the rough:
    Mmmm brains
    He will say "Mmmm, Brains." I'm aiming for a cute zombie, but from what I have so far I have no idea how to make this guy look like one. I kinda want a super deformed styled character.
    The general constraints are that it can only be fills and lines and nothing to complicated, so no shadowing. This is a shirt that will use the printing process known as screen print, and it will be two colors.
    You will get credit for the final shirt and depending on where you live I'll mail a shirt to you. I just need some help making it look like a zombie.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense or if I'm rambling, I just got my wisdom teeth pulled a few days ago and the pain killers are making me kinda loopy.

Thanks fr the help guys, Over and out.

Drawing something eating something is kinda tricky, so don't do it. If you want a cute thing then try to go for a big head with a body about the same size as the head. The light blue part of the image I posted shows a rough proportion guide. A zombie is just a person with pale skin and some exposed organs. I always like the one eye with the gray center pupil.

Now redo the picture and ask the big dogs like Emily and the other graphic designers.
  • Looks like zombie Yoda
  • It's supposed to be hair :(
  • Here's my quick sketch. It's not cleaned up at all!
    P.S. Is this a one color screen-print?
    Also, can you do me a favor and post conceptual stuff in the concept art sketch thread? That way "work in progress" does not get mixed up with "Finished Pieces."
  • edited November 2008
    Also, can you do me a favor and post conceptual stuff in the concept art sketch thread?
    I'm sorry. :(

This is a picture of Mr. Fuji from Pokemon fighting a ghost in the Pokemon Tower.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • I'm sorry. :(
    Don't worry about it. I just thought since there is a work thread, we might as well use it.

Ghost is so cute!
  • edited November 2008
    Okay, Thanks for the help. I think I know which direction to go in now. I'll move my junk over to the other thread until I'm done.
    Here's my quick sketch. It's not cleaned up at all!
    P.S. Is this a one color screen-print?
    No, it's a two color.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • edited November 2008
    Maybe not the eating of brains but the desire for brains...

Edit: Err... this is a finished piece.... ok?
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on