This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• I see you don't have much experience with newborn babies. It takes a few weeks before their cute little tushies acquire their super smoothness. Until then they're kinda dry.
    This is Sonic's nice way of saying "you're pretty much boned."
    I want to find out what makes that smell so I can keep it around forever.
    ...Baby machine?
  • This isn't a fail so much as it is a nerve-racking, frightening, fear. Opening night for my school's production of the Crucible tomorrow and I have to head the entire backstage. I really hope the scene changes go as smooth as a newborn babe's bottom.
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll pull it off.
  • This isn't a fail so much as it is a nerve-racking, frightening, fear. Opening night for my school's production of the Crucible tomorrow and I have to head the entire backstage. I really hope the scene changes go as smooth as a newborn babe's bottom.
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll pull it off.
    Yeah, previous jokes about the bottom aside, if you can get a bunch of theater kids through rehearsals, you can probably run the show just fine. Speaking as an improv kid.
  • What really impresses me though is that high school kids are able to faithfully and enthusiastically pull off this incredibly difficult play and look like an actual theater troupe. I'll see if I can get the performance uploaded to Youtube, I can't promise anything though.
  • At least none of them have to sing that Major General song. That's what I'd call incredible difficult.
  • At least none of them have to sing that Major General song. That's what I'd call incredible difficult.
    Oh man. I love me some Gilbert and Sullivan.
  • Meant to post this yesterday but I spent the evening fixing a PC for one of my girlfriend's former co-workers - after having been to my doctor to have the second go-round with tissue removal to rule out melanoma. Turns out they sent my original excisions up to the Mayo Clinic for the second opinion and it came back that I was going to have to have more removed from BOTH sites where they took the original moles off. They originally thought it was only going to be one of them. So now I once again have two sets of stitches to heal up, just in time to have to deal with the majority of my packing to move. Fun times. :(

On the upside, the PC repair took next to no time and I got to spend the evening shooting the bull and drinking beer with my girlfriend and a spitfire sixty-something former hippie with more stories about living in California in the sixties than you can shake a stick at. :)
  • ...Baby machine?
    Must... not... make... joke...
    Must... not... make... joke...
  • I really enjoy Root Beer and Triple Sec.

Con: My brother says it's a very girly combination.

Pro: I learned that Root Beer + Triple Sec is an Aqua Teen reference. And I didn't even realize it until Google-ing the two drinks together.
  • "I WAS SAVING THAT FOR MARGARITAS!"
  • I just woke up from a 5-hour long nap. Life is awesome.
  • 5 hours is not a nap. 5 hours is a sleep.
  • 5 hours is not a nap. 5 hours is a sleep.
    This is why this is both fail and a boo-yah.
  • I just saw Zombieland with a friend. Getting out felt great, the movie is awesome, the friend is even more awesome and I'm in the best mood I've been in for the past several months, but good fucking god does that guy have terrible taste in music. Switching the classical station was, with no exaggeration, one of the most palpably relieving feelings I have ever experienced. I'm listening to nothing but Mastodon, Yo-Yo Ma and Sage Francis just to cleanse myself of that last Mindless Self Indulgence track, and I'll probably need a few hours with mc chris to scrub out the Jonas Brothers.
  • I just saw Zombieland with a friend. Getting out felt great, the movie is awesome, the friend is even more awesome and I'm in the best mood I've been in for the past several months, but good fucking god does that guy have terrible taste in music. Switching the classical station was, with no exaggeration, one of the most palpably relieving feelings I have ever experienced. I'm listening to nothing but Mastodon, Yo-Yo Ma and Sage Francis just to cleanse myself of that last Mindless Self Indulgence track, and I'll probably need a fewhourswith mc chris to scrub out the Jonas Brothers.
    Oh, I totally feel your pain man.

One time I was going on a Road Trip with my buddies to the Smithsonian...had to spend 5 hours in a small car with the smell of weed and the blasting sounds of Linkin Park/All That Remains/Avenged Sevenfold
  • edited November 2009
    Linkin Park/All That Remains/Avenged Sevenfold
    I am so, so sorry.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I just walked out in the living room, and my girlfriend was listening to something. "You listening to RadioLab?" I asked. No. She had accidentally put on three separate NPR shows at the same time.
  • I'm listening to nothing but Mastodon, Yo-Yo Ma and Sage Francis just to cleanse myself of that last Mindless Self Indulgence track
    Screw you! I love those guys!
    and I'll probably need a fewhourswith mc chris to scrub out the Jonas Brothers.
    ...Eww. Scrub on.
  • Linkin Park/All That Remains/Avenged Sevenfold
    I am so, so sorry.
    What is it with teenagers and depressing lyrics...I swear to GOD.
  • edited November 2009
    The play is running well with near full houses each performance including the matinees. Every performance has a decent audience response (even the Sunday matinee audience seemed to enjoy it). My folks came out to see it with Adam and they loved it. How is this a fail? Well, since the show opened I have had horrible stomach pains, I wake up feeling like I was in a two day mosh pit each morning and it takes hours for me to even feel human each morning.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • You think it's from the stress of performing, or is there something else going on? I mean, otherwise, a two-day mosh pit sounds like fun. :)
  • You think it's from the stress of performing, or is there something else going on? I mean, otherwise, a two-day mosh pit sounds like fun. :)
    No, I think I am sick. I stopped feeling stressed after our preview night on Thursday.
  • I had a great birthday on Friday night involving 4L of beer and no trips to the vomitorium. Saturday, I woke up still a little drunk and then degraded into a mild hangover. After a lot of water and a little nap, I was fine and headed north to see the parents. Sunday, Mom cooked venison and pancakes. Best breakfast ever.

So Boo-Yah!-Fail!-Boo-Yah!
  • Yay:

I'm back home for a few days, and I guy I made really good friends with over the summer came to visit, as he's staying in Berlin for a few weeks. It was great to catch up and hang out for a few hours.

Boo:

Not only did I make good friends with him in the summer, but my (now ex-)girlfriend did too. And it seems one of the reasons he's in Berlin is to hook up with her. Sure, it's been three months, and I wish them well, but it sort of smarts a bit.
  • Sure, it's been three months, and I wish them well, but it sort of smarts a bit.
    Yeah, that's a bit of "ooh" right there.
  • Oh, Luke, that is not a pleasant situation. It sounds like you are handling it with as much grace and maturity as possible, though. Kudos to you.
  • Booyah! : I got free tickets to the Hairy Bikers show at Aberystwyth Arts center off a mate, and I should be able to ride my moto down there and back in a reasonable amount of time.

Fail of BooYah: That's the university my Ex-Fiance(who loves the hairy bikers) and her psycho scumbag of a boyfriend are going to, and as she loves the hairy bikers, and he'll lay out any amount of money if it gets him reward sex, they'll probably be going. I have some choices -

1)Go along, ready for trouble, but openly, since I'm not exactly hard to spot, and if they see me, a fight will break out. I won't lose this fight, you can put money on that, but it will cause unnecessary trouble, and even if I end the fight without hitting him, it will be bigger trouble, because suffice it to say, the police don't take kindly to that thing - and you can bet your arse that a big, burly rugby player losing a fight to some "pathetic little coward loser" like me would end in the police knocking on my door due to an "anonymous" tip.
    Advantages - I will be showing the little bully I'm not afraid, and I don't have to go to any effort.
    Disadvantages - Trouble.

2)Go along, but disguise myself - Dye my hair and beard with wash-out dyes, change the style of my hair, a touch of stage makeup and maybe a prosthetic or two, wear clothes the ex won't recognize, carry extra gear for on the fly changes if needed, and change a few other things, like my gait and stance, etc, etc. No trouble will be likely, but the cost of the extras (hair dye and spirit gum) will cut into my budget.
    Advantages - I love gettin' my disguise on, and I'm damn good at it.
    Disadvantages - Cost.

3) Don't go.
    Advantages - No expense, No trouble
    Disadvantages - I don't get to go to the Hairy Bikers for free, who I'm a huge fan of, and I don't think I'll get to see them again any time soon.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm always a fan of disguise/dressing up/costuming, so I vote for 2. You get to see the show, there's a low likelihood of trouble, and it's fun. If you swing it right, you could use the disguise supplies for other costuming endeavors down the road.
    Any joking aside, though, you really should be able to just go without trouble, in an ideal world. Too bad it doesn't always work that way. Best of luck, hope you get to see the show and somehow or another avoid trouble.
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • Go with option 1. If a fight does break out (and it might not - just don't start shit), you'll most likely be in an environment with a lot of people willing to break up a fight. Don't let someone else dictate how you can and cannot enjoy yourself. Is this guy your boss? No? Then fuck him.
  • edited November 2009
    Please also take into account that: If life can place Churba in a situation that is likely to try and fuck him over, it will waste no time in doing so.

As Churba's having a tough time getting a job at the moment, contact with scum-bags such as Kiren should be avoided.
    Post edited by Omnutia on