This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• Can someone tell me what style of music this is?
    This be southern classic rock. For a made up band, they've got a fairly in depth back story. Not nearly as convoluted as The Gorillaz, but then what is.
    This be southern classic rock. For a made up band, they've got a fairly in depth back story. Not nearly as convoluted as The Gorillaz, but then what is.
    The speculation is that L4D3 is going to be all about Midnight Riders.
  • So firstly I have been crazy into Andrew Jackson Jihad, thanks to Sail and the rest of the music nerd on this forum. However part from their unique lyrics, I have a deepset love of Americana music. This started in mah childhood, when the great Bill Mallonee played a house gig at my house, because my father was a big fan of his. This song was the start of my journey into Americana, remembering being mesmerised by it as a 11 year old.

So for the last six years I have listened on and off to some Americana, but when I started hearing about AJJ (especially their split EP with The Gunshy) it has been all I have listening to :P

• A crazy night which could only be summarized by Death from Above 1979's Dead Womb got me back into the band. It's too bad they broke up...
  • If you like AJJ, check out Ghost Mice. They're like the polar opposite of AJJ in terms of mood, crazy optimistic folk-punk. Also, with violin instead of bass.

• The Machinarium soundtrack by Tomas Dvorak is so good. It's the perfect blend of electronic, acoustic, and ambient pieces. I'm having a hard time deciding if it's straight-up better than his work on the Samorost games, but got-damn, it really kills.

• Bad Religion's free 30 Years Live album is available for download on their website.
  • edited May 2010
    Just testing..

Hmm.. Tried using the audio tag as a better solution than Youtube videos. Song I'm linking to is here.

Ah, Firefox doesn't do mp3s.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • CRAXY HORSES!
  • I don't know how many of you are Rush fans, but the holy trinity's new single, Caravan (YouTube link), is pretty good. I like Caravan more than BU2B.
  • I've got this mix of the Talking Heads, Fleet Foxes, Decemberists, Blitzen Trapper, the new Black Keys album, and Black Moth Super Rainbow going. It is very, very nice.

This video is pretty damn funny, like most of the Keys's videos:
  • Anybody like reggae? My friend has been making some good music, you can check it out here (don't be fooled by the shitty myspace page, just pop the player out and listen, it's gooood).
  • edited June 2010
    Whenever I'm on Youtube, I just click on related links of anything Nujabes.

I found some pretty good mash-ups, one in particular with Shing02, Tupac, & Notorious B.I.G.

I've also had the Daft Punk Alive 2007 album on repeat when I'm at work.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • @Ro: Short Circuit x Face to Face FTW.

• @Ro: Short Circuit x Face to Face FTW.
    Yes, having them mix their songs was like adding more awesome to something that was already great. Also having the album being live, you feel and have the same reaction as the audience and sing along.

Also the Janelle Monae album has got me feeling all kinds of wonderful. It brings me to wanting to just dance, move side to side. Her songs just have so many influences from over the decades that make me nostalgic reminding me of the times I would be with my parents playing music from their time.
  • It's weird how I'm now liking the music I hated back in the day. I'm now really into:
    -Illya Kuryaki and the Valderramas
    -Moenia
    -Aleks Sintek
    -Plastilina Mosh
    -Molotov
    -Natalia Lafourcade
    -Bebe
    -Fase

It's weird because I've never really liked Latin American music, at the time I was more into Depeche mode, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, NIN, Tool, etc.
  • I aspire to, one day, have hair like this.

• ...it's nice to have good hip-hop.
  • Black Moth Super Rainbow is awesome First Day of Summer music.
  • edited February 2011
    Black Moth Super Rainbow is awesome.
    FTFY
    Post edited by Admiral Hotcakes on
  • The Cat Empire are on Hey Hey this wendsday, I'll try to get at the least an audio capture and post it here.
  • Been listening to a lot of FOTC lately. Curse their diversity and lyrics...

• Dat synth line.

• Dat synth line.
    You know you love a song when you take the time to learn all the lyrics by heart.

• Dat synth line.
    You know you love a song when you take the time to learn all the lyrics by heart.
    I also know the dance.
  • I want to find more music like this, but I have no idea where to start. Anybody care to help?
  • I want to find more music likethis, but I have no idea where to start. Anybody care to help?
    Have you tried typing in the artist's name into Pandora and/or Last.fm?