This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Post music you have made.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Acrophobia by Seeking Quiddity

i'm backing vocals and violin.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • edited July 2010
    I've often heard the trick with this is to become so familiar with your material that you can rattle off the words without thinking. Then you start to be able to clean up your flow and clarity.
    That's about as clear as I'm going to get it without actually improving my physical ability to enunciate at that speed. You should've heard me when I didn't have breath control and I didn't have the material memorized.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I just scrapped the track I was working on. Deep Breath Deep Breath from persona 3 is becoming my biggest inspiration for this scifi/industrial nerdcore project as of now, great song.
  • New track, possibly my darkest ambient track yet.
    Hey, I'm digging this.
    Ditto. Very "walking down dark corridor with light at the end, camera disoriented and tipsy"
  • Thanks, guys. I tried going for a desolate/paranoid feel, which is why it's entitled Hikikomori.
  • Yesterday I was chatting online with girl I met in Finland, called Kim. She mentioned the song she used to sing to a mutual friend, called Jimmy (both the song and the friend). But she did a typo and called it Kimmy. I said a song called Kimmy would be a song about her, and offered to write that song.

24 hours later, here it is: All Your Time (Kimmy)

Enjoy!
  • edited October 2010
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • That made me want to take a nap (in a good way). You're sounding better and better with every song, if you ask me.
  • Yes, your tracks are getting better every time. This is the first track I want to download and listen to in random mixes on iTunes. Pity I can't find a download link.
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks guys! It's hard trying to play in an entirely new genre, I used to play extreme metal exclusively, but my tastes have shifted, I appreciate the thumbs up. =)

I can send the MP3 to you guys in 320KBPs through skype/aim if you want it.

EDIt: I made the original downloadable from Soundcloud. ^~^
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • edited September 2010
    Remember that song Anyar/Ilmarinen and I did? I finally did a second version. It is at least 10% more gangster than the original.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited September 2010
    Your technique has become A LOT more confident and clean than the last time I heard you. Keep it up!

And your new track is great, Ciel.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Wow, great, your technique HAS improved, diction is better, but you need more improvement, specially on the second part, since you're still slurring words. Good job over all though. :)
  • edited September 2010
    Wow, great, your technique HAS improved, diction is better, but you need more improvement, specially on the second part, since you're still slurring words.
    You mean the second verse? That's all Anyar.

Also: thanks!
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited September 2010
    Total work in progress, but I discovered pxtone yesterday and made this beat that I'm quite happy with, but I can't seem to write a melody that I'm satisfied with.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Total work in progress, but I discovered pxtone yesterday and made thisbeatthat I'm quite happy with, but I can't seem to write a melody that I'm satisfied with.
    It's a nice beat. I just got a m-audio keystudio, so I'll give a whack at a melody. That's 120bpm, right?

The first thing I wanted to play on my new keyboard was "The Roost" from Animal Crossing. Unfortunately, I can't read sheet, so I only played the melody. The piano portion was scraped from a midi. The whole thing was produced in pro tools, which is much more intuitive than I thought it'd be.

"The Roost" from "Animal Crossing" - Victor Khaze
  • Unfortunately, I can't read sheet
    You should learn! It's really not too hard at all. Takes all of an afternoon.
    Especially as a piano player. It will open up worlds for you. And it's better that you learn sooner rather than later.
  • I'm still glad I know how to sight read sheet music. Being able to hum the tune first makes playing that much easier, especially when learning (or trying to learn) a new instrument. It's good stuff.
  • Piano is also a great instrument to learn to sight-read with. The music staff translates very well to a keyboard, probably far better than any other instrument.
  • Piano is also a great instrument to learn to sight-read with. The music staff translates very well to a keyboard, probably far better than any other instrument.
    Although, you do have to be able to read two clefs at once and sync your hands to it. I'm just not that good.
    Especially as a piano player. It will open up worlds for you. And it's better that you learn sooner rather than later.
    I'm still glad I know how to sight read sheet music. Being able to hum the tune first makes playing that much easier, especially when learning (or trying to learn) a new instrument. It's good stuff.
    Piano is also a great instrument to learn to sight-read with. The music staff translates very well to a keyboard, probably far better than any other instrument.
    Yeah, I know, but i just haven't gotten to it. On that note *groan*, does anyone know of a sheet reading teaching software that can interface with midi keyboards?

Also, another song!

So with my new KeyStudio came a bunch of loops! And although I'm not a huge fan of country music, these ones sounded really nice. So I decided to "remake" the song I recorded a while back for Emily's birthday. And by "remake" I mean "make an almost entirely different song altogether". The only thing that stayed was (most of) the lyrics. Different melody, tempo, key, style...everything.

Ja jan!
  • sheet reading teaching software
    Are you sure you need that? If you know the names of the keys on your board, you can connect the information no problem. Just learn the symbols and start sight reading basic pieces. Pirate tons of sheet, and then play each one once, as many different styles as possible.
  • sheet reading teaching software
    Are you sure you need that? If you know the names of the keys on your board, you can connect the information no problem. Just learn the symbols and start sight reading basic pieces. Pirate tons of sheet, and then play each one once, as many different styles as possible.
    Ehhh... I need the seratonin stimulus. Something like DDR but for keyboard.

PRE POST EDIT: Nevermind, I found one. Synthesia Learning Kit.

Also, Some input on those song would be nice.
  • Alright. I wasn't really intending to ever let these be released publicly, but what the hell, right?

Background for these two songs is that it was over six years ago, I just got my computer for college (PowerMac G5, which happens to be the same one I'm using to type this), and I was curious to see what the different programs could do. One that I played with for about a week was GarageBand, just messing around with the loops that came with the software. These two songs were the result of those few days. Both are very simple, very symetric, but I still enjoy hearing them even now. Just like how I only made AMVs for a few years back in high school, it's one of those things I don't have time for anymore, but I can't help but like what I made.

Test
    Ambivalence
    Also, Some input on those song would be nice.
    The Roost was nice. I don't know anything about Animal Crossing, so I have no reference. The remake of Emily's birthday song though was really good. Your voice fit the music very well.
  • Here's a recording of my band's rehearsal from last week. There's a couple of ugly spots (like when I fucking eat shit on the riff in the song Spinning Jenny), but it's not bad for being recorded with one condenser mic from above.

• In my list of 50 goals and plans for 2010 I wrote "6.1 Write an album's-worth of new songs and record them by the end of the year" which I'm interpreting as one song per month. Here is the song from July, although it's very, very specific to my current life situation in September. It's a song written to my future self, about me now.

I included the lyrics in the video, as it is one of the faster and more complex songs I've written this year. I hope you like it, and I hope it makes sense to you.

And I hope you think I'm cool.
  • edited September 2010
    Made this yesterdays. Channeling some Olivia Tremor Control/Music Tapes/Major Organ vibes. In other words, I tried to make everything sound as blown-out as possible.
    Post edited by Sail on