This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Post music you have made.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    This is still pretty far from finished, but I'm eager for some reactions. It's a repurposing of the pxtone beat I posted a while ago.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Thisis still pretty far from finished, but I'm eager for some reactions. It's a repurposing of the pxtone beat I posted a while ago.
    More, you need to make more of this. I like it.
  • Thanks! :D I was really worried about the song not really "working" for anyone's ear but mine. It's an odd combination of elements. I'm excited to finish it. And maybe make more like it.
  • More, you need to make more of this. I like it.
    Catchy song was quite catchy.
  • Recorded in my apartment. Does that count? This is some random guy I met. He doesn't have any vocal training, but he claims he's Elvis Presley's 4th cousin. Give it a listen. :P

• Overdone chord progressions are overdone. =.=
  • Thisis still pretty far from finished, but I'm eager for some reactions. It's a repurposing of the pxtone beat I posted a while ago.
    I really like it. In combination with this gif, which I somehow ended up watching while listening to your song, it is fucking hypnotic.
  • edited October 2010
    Finished it. Hopefully improved it. You'll also notice I have one of them newfangled "SoundCloud" doohickeys now, which means you can comment directly onto the waveform, should you feel so inclined.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Finished it.Hopefully improved it. You'll also notice I have one of them newfangled "SoundCloud" doohickeys now, which means you can comment directly onto the waveform, should you feel so inclined.
    Damn, that is catchy. This one is going on my iPod.

...After I download the 68 MB WAV convert it to an MP3. WTF, dude?
  • ...After I download the 68 MB WAV convert it to an MP3. WTF, dude?
    Ah, shit, uploaded the wrong one. One sec, my man.
  • Done, link fixed.
  • Done, link fixed.
    Much appreciated.
  • Hey, so, using an old amp, I found a way in which I can record my guitar, the sound quality dropped slightly, but I can still record. Expect something new soon.
  • I recorded a new song, called Light Side, which is a cover, of sorts, of Tim Minchin's Dark side.

It might make more sense if you also watch this video:
  • Here's a video I just uploaded, a song I wrote and recorded for Halloween back in 1999.
  • New thing. Was trying to make a trip-hop track. If you can identify the song I sampled, you win at life.
  • edited November 2010
    Joe Boomer made this freestyle so I transcribed it and made this song with some spontaneous freestlying at the end.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Haha, fantastic.
  • I'm working on new podcast project, where I interview people about being creative, and about how and why they create things. But I don't want it just to be a series of interviews because you can only learn so much by listening to people talk about being creative. It's not often most people experience creativity, rather they always experience the result of creativity, in the form of completed songs, completed pieces of artwork, etc.

So I decided to make a recording of me being creative. I clicked the random article link on Wikipedia, and then wrote a song about whatever I found there. Or at least, let myself be inspired by what I find there. The result?

The result? A song about the 1985 African Championships of Athletics. Or one of the listed competitors.

By The End (a song for Abdi Bile) - demo

I might have a youtube version sometime in the future, but I wanted a demo version of the completed song to go at the start of the podcast episode. That way people can hear the final product and then listen to The Making Of section.
  • edited December 2010
    New track, all recorded with my netbook. Experimental at it's core, it was an attempt at some weird musical ideas I had, some good, some...not so much.
    Click here to listen to Lauren's books.wav
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Sorry for double posting, but I was finally able to upload the track to sound cloud.
    Hey! Hey! Listen!
  • New track, all recorded with my netbook. Experimental at it's core, it was an attempt at some weird musical ideas I had, some good, some...not so much.
    Click here to listen toLauren's books.wav
    I listened to this twice the other day and never commented because I didn't know what specifically to say about it other than the fact that I enjoyed it.

I'm totally sick of working on this track, so I guess that means it's done. I don't know what to think of it any more, it's a conglomerate of two completely different things that I came up with and wanted to keep together because they're both in the same key and use the same drum beats. The second part contains a sample from Utena.
  • Little song I'm working on. Intro is me playing around. Wanted to imitate that rap song intro feel but go into a totally different kinda thing. More progress soon!

SONG
  • Little song I'm working on. Intro is me playing around. Wanted to imitate that rap song intro feel but go into a totally different kinda thing. More progress soon!
    Hehe, fun. Your singing doesn't *quite* harmonize at points, but it's a fun song.

I did a cover of Love Athena by Olivia Tremor Control a long time ago and finally got my bud Ian to lend his heavenly voice to it.
  • Hehe, fun. Your singing doesn't *quite* harmonize at points, but it's a fun song.
    Yeah, I made it with Ableton in like 30 minutes. Lol. I can hear now that the shaking is off in some places too, so it's driving me crazy every time I listen to it.
  • I like the spoken word.
  • I like the spoken word.
    Which is the only part I didn't do. OTL
  • I didn't mean that I didn't like the rest of it, haha. That was just the part that really stuck out.