This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Post music you have made.

Comments

• I guess I didn't really make this music, but I wanted to play around with music my dad likes, but give it the sounds and stuff I like in music. It's really basic, but my mom and sis like the way it came out just by messing around with GarageBand for about 30 mins. I'm satisfied and have listened to it twice in a row.

Anyways, this is Kashmir, and I'm making an "album" of these songs called Make You Proud.
  • I need Ableton Live. Like, now. I just had the best idea ever, catalyzed by Josh's piece and Ocarina of Rhyme.
  • edited January 2011
    ... catalyzed by Josh's piece...
    Seriously? That's the best thing I've heard ever. :D
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • edited January 2011
    Eh, simple musicsketch I did today, nothing too fancy, just doodling around; some friends insisted I upload it, so I did.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • You can listen to Cosmonaut's rendition of paparazzi here

The rest of our fare is available at myspace.

Technical specs...

Recorded in my office/bedroom with,

- Mac Book Pro running,
    - Propellerheads Record, Recycle, Reason, Reason Drum Kits and Pianos
    - MAudio Fast Track Ultra 8R audio interface
    - Fender Jazz Bass, Japanese Vintage Squier Telecaster, Senheisser Mic.

Mastered using,
    - Mac Book Pro running,
    - Peak LE
    - Ozone
  • Good music, the mixing makes cringe in places, but I would gladly re-mix it for you if you want, as soon as I can fix my desktop, that is. ^^;
  • I have this burning urge to break out the Casio and made a sequel to this.
  • I have this burning urge to break out the Casio and made a sequel tothis.
    Damn, so that's where that lead comes from. I been using the first melody in that recording in jams for years now but I've never recorded it because I knew it was from somewhere else. Fuck cryptomnesia.
  • Good music, the mixing makes cringe in places,
    Agreed, the transition to the chorus is a little awkward. But definitely one of the better incarnations of Lady Gaga I've ever heard.
  • Eh, simplemusicsketchI did today, nothing too fancy, just doodling around; some friends insisted I upload it, so I did.
    I plugged my ipod in during the first bit. It sounds good with the windows detected hardware beep :P
  • Here's a work in progress. I can't decide if I'm going in a good direction with it.
    Eh, simplemusicsketchI did today, nothing too fancy, just doodling around; some friends insisted I upload it, so I did.
    Predictably, I wasn't really into it until around 1:40, at which point I was like "This is more like it".
  • edited February 2011
    I said earlier that I was working on albums for my family members, and I got tired of working on songs for my dad (he liked my Kashmir, by the way), so I worked on a song for my little sis. She, like me, likes Rocky Horror much more than people should, and especially likes the movie. I presented a gift on her iPod a while ago in the form of Over at The Frankenstein Place, complete with Susan Sarandon's off-key-ness.

She really liked it, maybe you will, too?
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • I got a cold last week, so not a lot of rapping has been happening, but I do have another work in progress. I'm really happy with how it's turned out so far; particularly the last 20 seconds or so. This is one of the few beats where I've composed the entire thing without relying on some sort of sample for the melody. It's almost like I'm a real musician. Unfortunately exporting the song to a WAV and converting it to an MP3 through Audacity has left behind some icky artifacts, so ignore those if you can.
  • Now really my bag, but good job!
  • My girlfriend and I listened to it last night and we both approved. Great job Sail!
  • Hey cool, thanks :D
  • edited March 2011
    So, I challenged myself to make a new minute-long song every couple of days, each in a completely new genre. For the first track, I decided to do something that I haven't done in a long time and could probably do with my eyes closed: a black metal song. IT's sloppy as all fuck, and completely unoriginal, but hell, it's black metal, what the hell do you want from me? XD
    Get it while it's still frostbittingly cold.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Oh hey, this is a thread very pertinent to my interest. I happen to have this album here containing songs that I made through '09/'10. All made electronically (save the last track), and none made with premade loops. If you don't want to just dive into that, here's a single track that I made just a month or two ago.

Also, I really dig that track Rob. Downloaded it for FUTURE LISTENING!
  • Here's a beat. I'm going to add about fifteen to twenty seconds of breakbeat at the end and, once I get a working XLR cable, rapping.
  • edited May 2011
    Here's a beat. I'm going to add about fifteen to twenty seconds of breakbeat at the end and, once I get a working XLR cable, rapping.
    Sounds really great overall. I like the cymbal breakbeat thing you've got going on. The one thing I'd suggest would be to experiment with your panning a bit. I have a feeling that the little drum sound that comes in at 0:05 would sound really good if you had it alternating hard left and hard right on each beat. I also feel like the bassline at 0:30 would benefit from a slight pan left or right to give it some clarity. I can't tell if the little staticy noise around 0:48 is part of the breakbeat or separate, but if you decide to pan the bassline, you could pan that a little to the opposite side to balance it.

But yeah, I think what you've got so far is fantastic. A little more polish and vocals and I think you'll have something really worth being proud of. It works very well as an instrumental, so I can only imagine how much better it's going to be with the rapping.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Thanks for the input, man. I'll definitely put it to use.
  • I found this piece I did this year for IB music. Let me know what you think...
    Here
    I don't know why I named it "Prelude"... what's it prelude for? I don't remember.
  • edited May 2011
    Remix, thanks to your avatar, I now know you as Bizarro World Sail. I wish I had more to say than that right now, but I left my headphones at home. I'll give that a listen later tonight.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I finally listened to it, Bizarro Sail. It made me feel like I was playing an old RPG (in a good way). I could practically see a quaint isometric town, and my character conversing with a man in a straw hat via text boxes. Surprisingly enjoyable and relaxing considering the fact that I can't usually stand those sort of synthesizers.
  • It made me feel like I was playing an old RPG (in a good way). I could practically see a quaint isometric town, and my character conversing with a man in a straw hat via text boxes. Surprisingly enjoyable and relaxing considering the fact that I can't usually stand those sort of synthesizers.
    Oh man, same here. I felt like I was back in my childhood playing Phantasy Star 4. So nice and relaxing.

Good work, Bizarro Sail.
  • Here's a little thing that I finished back in December. I worked on it on-and-off for a few months before actually getting it to be what it ended up being. And by "work on", I pretty much just mean that I would play something and think "yeah I could add that on" (and that's definitely what it sounds like).
  • edited June 2011
    Cover of The Jesus and Mary Chain that isn't quite done but I'm eager to share.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited June 2011
    Jeremy- I enjoy the direction you take with the song as it moves later into your piece, letting it pick up & expand rhythmically and harmonically with your general idea, then how it comes back down to kinda where it started. Cool progression too. Very nice. I am also a fan of the Minecraft-esque blocks that are bouncing in-beat in the screen next to your song.

Sail- I like what you've done with the percussion work. Nice cover! I hear at some times, the vocals are a little overshadowed by the rest, though. I like it!
    Post edited by remix3211 on