This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I think that the last game I would ever buy is a game that uses procedurally generated content to create levels and scenarios that are just at the upper edge of my ability to complete them.
    Spelunky will ruin your shit.
    Welcome to the first game of the rest of your life.
  • Did we mention it's free? It's free.
  • 2D
    2D what? Animations?
    Design.
  • AFAIK, Spelunky doesn't dynamically change difficulty based on how well you're doing. I have played it and enjoy it greatly though.
  • edited October 2010
    AFAIK, Spelunky doesn't dynamically change difficulty based on how well you're doing. I have played it and enjoy it greatly though.
    Oh, that's what you meant. Go play SiN Episodes .
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Passed 2 out of the 4 Praxis tests I have to take. The other ones are all multiple choice and can be done on the computer.
  • Close-ups of Jupiter's atmosphere look like pictures of some kind of eldritch horror from beyond the stars.
  • Anybody want a kitten? I think it'll fit in a priority mail box.
  • O_O

Why can't you guys keep it? So cute! Unfortunately 3 cats is plenty for a 1000 sq ft apartment.

(I want to adopt every kitten and cat I see. >__>)
  • Heck yes! Just throw some food and litter in there and it'll be fine. Also, adorable.
  • We have two cats and two dogs already. Lisa insisted on "rescuing" three kittens from our yard when overnight temps started to drop toward freezing. We found a home for one. Another probably will go by the weekend.
  • *Gets bored and walks away*
  • Are any of you who are well versed in moon speak also familiar with feudal Japanese slang?
  • Just found out I have the opportunity to see Sassy Gay Friend live on Saturday. Def going.
  • This is one of the first times I've ever been in the "Top Participants" in a topic I haven't started.
  • This is one of the first times I've ever been in the "Top Participants" in a topic I haven't started.
    I think the only time I've been the top contributor of thread I didn't start is Good Hip-Hop. Go figure.
  • edited November 2010
    I think the only time I've been the top contributor of thread I didn't start is Good Hip-Hop. Go figure.
    When Rym and Scott left, and there was a period of time where everyone did Pyramids, I might have been a top contributor, but I don't think so.
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • I need a cat and it's hard to find a place that does! I really want a CAT!
  • I need a cat and it's hard to find a place that does! I really want a CAT!
    That sells cats or an apt that allows cats?

Yes, more people in the world should have cats. Kitties for all!
  • My wife just called me "Retardo Montelban."
  • edited November 2010
    "While I have seen far stranger things in my life, the fact that that just came out of my nose leaves me disconcerted."
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The Texas Rangers baseball team are like Walker: they're called Rangers but they ain't. Augustus McCrae is more of a Ranger than the whole damn team and he's fictional.
  • I... I just read (a significant portion) of Guts by Chuck Palniuk. Do not repeat my mistake....
  • I... I just read (a significant portion) of Guts by Chuck Palniuk. Do not repeat my mistake....
    Too late. But I second your recommendation. Don't read it.
    Too late. But I second your recommendation. Don't read it.
    Never again.
  • I'm back to eating, but... Not well.
    If I like Palniuk's other books like Pygmy, is it okay for me?
  • I'm back to eating, but... Not well.
    Guess what? It's not the grossest story in Haunted.

It's also based on a true story. And when Palaniuk read it privately to some friends, one of them had a complete nervous breakdown and locked herself in the bathroom for the rest of the evening, crying convulsively for reasons she would not explain. Palaniuk later gave a copy of the manuscript to this woman's therapist (hired after paramedics got her out of the bathroom) so that he could analyze it in tandem with his work with her.
  • Now I kind of want to look it up, but I'm probably better off not knowing.
  • edited November 2010
    Now I kind of want to look it up
    I highly encourage it.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on