This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Negative ghostrider.
    Guys, don't listen to Andrew. He's just projecting his jealousy because he knows he won't look good with a beard.
  • edited September 2011
    I love my new icon.
    I mean I will when it changes....
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I love my new icon.
    ... I thought it was Rorschach until I looked at it just now.
  • There! Fixed!
  • He's just projecting his jealousy because he knows he is too girly to grow a proper beard.
  • Negative ghostrider.
    Guys, don't listen to Andrew. He's just projecting his jealousy because he knows he won't look good with a beard.
    *defensive girlfriend stance* Yes he would e_e
    (Not that I condone it)
  • Okay internet, new rule. Nobody under the age of 35 is allowed to wear a hat unless it's for a practical purpose or part of a uniform.
    Shut up! I wear an sexy hat if I so want to do, no matter how it makes me look.
  • Shut up! I wear an sexy hat if I so want to do, no matter how it makes me look.
    Yeah! We'll wear hats if we wanna, you can leave your friends behind. Because they hate hats, and if they hate hats, then they ain't no friend of mine.
  • edited September 2011
    F... E... D... O... R... A...
    /
    T... R... I... L... B... Y...
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • That's it. Neck-beard growing, ENGAGE!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    Negative ghostrider? What the hell?
    That hat was also in numerous Iceland pictures because the people went clubbing with thought it was awesome and wanted to wear it.
    It gets it's own invitations to weddings. In fact, every wedding I go to, I get compliments on my hats.
    Even my intensely judgmental students admit that the fedora is badass.
    I own the fedora look!
    imageimage
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I own the fedora look!
    That's a trilby.
  • I own the fedora look!
    That's a trilby.
    A trilby hat (or simply trilby) is a type of hat. Although also used as a synonym for a short-brimmed fedora in the United Kingdom, the trilby is distinguished by a very narrow brim that is sharply turned up in the back and a short crown, which is pinched in the front and indented into a teardrop shape in the center. The hat's name derives from the stage adaptation of George du Maurier's 1894 novel Trilby; a hat of this style was worn in the first London production of the play, and promptly came to be called "a Trilby hat".
    So then I own a look that is a particular subset of fedora.
  • edited September 2011
    Loves me some nostalgia in my remixes.

Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • I own the fedora look!
    Problem?

Andrew: Player Hater of the Year 2011
  • A trilby hat (or simply trilby) is a type of hat. Although also used as a synonym for a short-brimmed fedora in the United Kingdom, the trilby is distinguished by a very narrow brim that is sharply turned up in the back and a short crown, which is pinched in the front and indented into a teardrop shape in the center. The hat's name derives from the stage adaptation of George du Maurier's 1894 novel Trilby; a hat of this style was worn in the first London production of the play, and promptly came to be called "a Trilby hat".
    So then I own a look that is a particular subset of fedora.
    No, the word is just used as a synonym for a fedora. Your hat is a Trillby, and is distinct from Indiana Jones's hat, which is a fedora.
  • Meh. Akubra for the win.
  • edited September 2011
    Andrew: Player Hater of the Year 2011
    Yeah, he's rockin' the trillby just like Georgia Tech rocks bowl games.

/expert hater
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • This Rock, Paper, Shotgun article is my thing of the day for properly using "xor."
  • Andrew: Player Hater of the Year 2011
    Yeah, he's rockin' the trillby just like Georgia Tech rocks bowl games.

/expert hater
    Insert clip of "you fucked up now" from Black Dynamite.

• Click through to some of their other vids. Hilarious!
  • Despite all that I've said about Fedoras, Pete would look better with one. Hell, anything could improve his looks.

You bitches better recognize.
  • Hell, anything could improve his looks.
    I've contemplated a neatly trimmed full beard for a while. Hey, why don't you try it first, and the...oh, wait.
  • KHAAAAAAAAAN Academy

Essentially open-source education.
  • Double Post due to absurdity.

Wikipedia has a list of lists of lists.

I can't believe this exists. XD
  • Double Post due to absurdity.

Wikipedia has a list of lists of lists.

I can't believe this exists. XD
    I checked to see if there was a list of lists of lists of lists. It says:

"List of lists of lists, this page."

Boo!