This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Also, Death Bed: THE BED THAT EATS.
    I totally forgot about that movie! I remember watching a couple scenes of it in my computer class one day when I was slacking off and having no idea what I was watching. Shits fucked up.
  • I am now worried about the idea of a sentient murderess killer shovel
    Well, we've had a movie about a sentient killer tyre, so why not?
    Also, Death Bed: THE BED THAT EATS.
    I see your Death Bed and raise you this.
  • edited September 2011
    I want that shovel.
    I really want that shovel. It'll go in the trunk of my car right there with my louisville slugger and my hatchet.

Moreso, I want that shovel in Minecraft.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I really want that shovel. It'll go in the trunk of my car right there with my louisville slugger and my hatchet.

I just love that it includes a bottle opener. Finish work, crack a beer, don't even have to change tools.
  • I really want that shovel. It'll go in the trunk of my car right there with my louisville slugger and my hatchet.

I just love that it includes a bottle opener. Finish work, crack a beer, don't even have to change tools.
    Also works as a cleaver. Add "make stir fry" to that list.

I'd buy one. That shovel makes the US field shovel look like a joke.
  • It seems to be protocol son of tools.
  • They're $80, likely because of the movie and the sole supply coming from Chinese surplus, but I'm willing to bet we'll see some enterprising companies get to work on some copies soon.
  • It seems to be protocol son of tools.
    Your fail at grammar makes me lol
  • Apparently I put on my extra large retards hat to day.
  • Apparently I put on my extra large retards hat to day.
    To day? What about yester day?
  • Its five minuets give me a brake.
  • Also works as a cleaver. Add "make stir fry" to that list.
    You could probably cook on the blade surface.

Put it in T-Shape, stick the handle in the ground, start a fire under the blade, cook on the back.
  • edited September 2011
    Its five minuets give me a brake.
    Now your just jerking our chin.
    Also works as a cleaver. Add "make stir fry" to that list.
    You could probably cook on the blade surface.

Put it in T-Shape, stick the handle in the ground, start a fire under the blade, cook on the back.
    Depends on the blade coating, but that is an inspired idea. Just carve a niche for some cooking chopsticks in the handle!
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Right! Thats it! Im getting in my time machine and getting the fuck out of here!
  • Gabe Newell - Still a pretty champion dude.
  • Valve: Where haikus are 5-7-6.
  • edited September 2011
    Valve: Where haikus are 5-7-6.
    The internet: Where every single other part of Hakiu tradition is irrelevant, because you can't count the juxtaposition between imagery/ideas.
    Yes I know that he didn't do that at all either. That's not the point.
    Random Haiku Facts- On and Syllables are not the same thing, with, for example, "On" being one syllable but two On - it's very similar to the English linguistic concept of Mora. If I'm sounding it right, the first line is six on, second is nine, and the third is seven.

Also, third point - I think he was gunning for making a joke, rather than writing perfectly(or imperfectly, as it were) correct haiku.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Wow. I think I just fell in love.
  • Jesus. Oi Tim, I hope you're up for a bit of polygamy, this might end up being a double marriage.
  • Churbs, Im sorry, but I think this guy wouldn't marry either of us. He'd use us and then toss us out like yesterday's trash.
  • That man is awesome.
  • Churbs, Im sorry, but I think this guy wouldn't marry either of us. He'd use us and then toss us out like yesterday's trash.
    I'm surprisingly okay with this.
    I'm surprisingly okay with this.
    Me too. Me too brah.
  • So, apparently my father has met the technical director of EA Games tonight at a Coyote's Hockey game, whom he described as the geek ruler of all the geeks in the company. From what my father described, he apparently talks to teams all across the world, travels all the time, and has one of those black American Express cards. So while they were talking, my father mentioned to him about my interest in programming and how much I liked to play video games, and a rough summary of what he said on that comment was that being a game programmer is long, boring, tedious work and that most gaming companies are more focused on art designers than programmers. He suggested that if I am really good at mathematics and interested in programming, I should look into data structure management, click counts and applying those to advertisements, and Google related stuff, because apparently that is where all the jobs are at.

Not that I was thinking about becoming a game programmer in the first place, but from hearing what my father said, it would have been really interesting to have listened and talked to this dude. But instead, I got to play mommy for the day and drive kids all around town and deal with one of my pain-in-the-ass siblings. -_-
  • edited September 2011
    Valve: Where haikus are 5-7-6.
    The internet: Where every single other part of Hakiu tradition is irrelevant, because you can't count the juxtaposition between imagery/ideas.
    Yes I know that he didn't do that at all either. That's not the point.
    Random Haiku Facts- On and Syllables are not the same thing, with, for example, "On" being one syllable but two On - it's very similar to the English linguistic concept of Mora. If I'm sounding it right, the first line is six on, second is nine, and the third is seven.
    Also, internet "haiku" never have the kireji that is essential to all real haiku. Here's my favorite true haiku, from Yosa Buson:

I cannot see her tonight.
    I have to give her up.
    So I will eat fugu.

EDIT: On further examination, Churba might have been referring to the kireji, but I'm leaving my post up because that Buson haiku is made of awesome.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • @Somebody to love video
    Holy shit.
  • @Somebody to love video
    Holy shit.
    Freddy Mercury, reincarnated.