This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Okay, let's try this:

1 Ah-ha
    2 Guns n' Roses
    5 Hall & Oates
    7 Bananarama
    8 Quiet Riot
    9 Culture Club
    11 The Bangles
    13 (looks like the forefathers of Turbonegro, but it's not them)
    14 Mötley Crüe
    15 New Kids on the Block
    16 The Cure
    19 Eurythmics
    21 Van Halen
    24 AC/DC
    27 Iron Maiden
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited September 2011
    I know Van Halen's on there, but I'm torn between 8 and 21. And I *think* 13 is Flock of Seagulls, judging from the haircuts.

[Edit] OH HAHA 7 is Bananarama, isn't it xD
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited September 2011
    1, 11, 15, 19, & 24 are correct.

Edit: Very close Sail. Very close, indeed.

I will also say that if anyone thinks #22 is AC/DC, it will bring many lols from my heart.

Edit: I will also note my coworker who is 47 got 25/27 of these. So, I was aiming towards and older demographic. I'll be happy if people can get 50% of it, which is what I knew before looking up the various images.
    Oh, GnR I could have also recognized, but Slash's hat is hidden in the shadows :/
    Also Slash is the one to the left of Axl, not the one on the far right.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Wait Ro. #2 is not GnR?
  • Wait Ro. #2 is not GnR?
    No, it is. But your claim that Slash is the guy on the far left with a hat in the shadows.
  • Yes, but you didn't include it in the list of correct guesses, which had me wondering.
  • never even seen a video of AC/DC.
    But I've heard them about a bajillion times.
  • Yes, but you didn't include it in the list of correct guesses, which had me wondering.
    Oh, I'm sorry about that.
    But I've heard them about a bajillion times.
    I guess you didn't watch a lot of MTV Scott?
  • I guess you didn't watch a lot of MTV Scott?
    Hardly any at all.
  • My guess for every single one: Wham
  • My guess for every single one: Wham
    That was the one with the best pictures on the internets.
  • Pretty impressed with Andrew, dude is even better than advertised.

Bizarrely, I think there is a possibility Ro is right - I know there is a Robert Gibbs in the family, and I know I have family in New Zealand. So it's possible, but I don't know, I'll check with Aunt Diane, she's the one who barks up the family tree.
    Randomly, on the way over to England, the first leg, I had a guy next to me. Almost the only other white dude on the plane, and it turned out not only did he share his name with my Half brother, Daniel Gibbs, but he was actually related to me, though not in my immediate family.
  • Is #14 Cindarella?

#8 is Quiet Riot.

#21 is Van Halen.
  • Is #14 Cindarella?
    No, but doesn't the image make you feel good? ^___~
  • edited September 2011
    14 is Mötley Crüe. Fear the power of the Heavy Metal Umlaut. I do find it strange that Twisted Sister didn't make the cut though.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I do find it strange that Twisted Sister didn't make the cut though.
    There were seriously so many different groups to choose from as well as individual singers. I really didn't have any R&B; or Hip/Hop groups on there or rap groups either.

Heavy Metal bands along with Rock Bands and what not will definitely be a Photo Friday in the future.
  • I got 13 of 27 so far down, through the power of google images confirming my guesses and those of others here. If anybody cares, it's on the last page. I probably should just send this to my 42 year old brother in law. He probably could solve it completely.
  • edited September 2011
    Have him send his answers to my email. Information is on the Facebook page. More entries, the merrier, and happy Ro.
  • Teaser:

Rym is on deck.
  • Photo Friday: Age of Advertisement

Provide the name of the mascot and the brand they are mascots for. Some are easy, some are tricky, others have more than one name.

• Ro, I hate you for #24. I literally have every single other one done except for that one.
  • Ro, I hate you for #24. I literally have every single other one done except for that one.
    It's the Whisker's cat food cat.
  • edited September 2011
    It's the Whisker's cat food cat.
    That's a negative ghost rider.

Also fun fact: 3 of those mascots have video games. Can you guess which ones?
  • Also fun fact: 3 of those mascots have video games. Can you guess which ones?
    22 does.
  • HA! Found it.
  • Also fun fact: 3 of those mascots have video games. Can you guess which ones?
    22 does.
    17, 22, 23!
  • 17, 22, 23!
    Wait, make that 4 of them have video games. I forgot about 17.
  • edited September 2011
    3?

He had a racing game you got from BK. It was actually pretty fun for being free.