This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• This seems appropriate.

• Re-watching Korra, all in one go this time, instead of waiting for episodes to come out. Just finished episode 7. I know I said this constantly when they were coming out, but it's even more pronounced when you watch them one after another - shit moves so goddamn fast. I love it. And the quality holds up for me, even without the years of anticipation and pent-up fanboyism that I was releasing the first time around.
  • @Xefas Yeah, we really need more of these short and self-contained series like Legend of Korra. There's no filler or padding to stretch the story. Then, before you know it, the series ends before it has time to jump the shark. Here's to hoping the three new seasons they're working on compliment the show.
  • The Search Part One.

The last page? C-C-C-CANNON BREAKER!

It explains so much though.
  • edited March 2013
    The Search Part One.

The last page? C-C-C-CANNON BREAKER!

It explains so much though.
    When Azula mentioned a secret that she could "take the throne from Zuko" with, I had a feeling it was this. It DOES explain a lot... BUT... I don't like it at all. Because firstly -- Iroh's whole explanation to Zuko of why he was the "balancer" is that he was the son of both the Fire Lord and the descendant of the Avatar.
    Suddenly genetics alone determines the villains (Fire Lord family) and Zuko just happened to not be a villain because he really wasn't the Fire Lord's son? That feels very cheap to me.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I think they'll twist it back to say Zuko IS Ozai's son. They'll just play out this angle as long as they can to root out all the feelings related to this family theme they've begun.
    I hope.
    Post edited by Aiyakiu on
  • I plan on doing a Bunker Talk for Korra by end of month with Sail & Omar. If you have comments/questions send to ro.rosaka@gmail.com

I plan on referencing several comments made about the show during the previous season. There was some really good discussion about it.
  • Glad this thread popped up again, cause I had the urge a week ago to watch Avatar again, especially since my girlfriend had only seen a few episodes here and there. Already in the third season and it just continues to impress me with how good it is.
  • I've been watching the series off and on. Finally watching it again in Book 2, to where Jeremy left off. I am forcing him to finish this series because he doesn't know any better. :P

I must have seen Korra at least 4 times. I have so much to say about it and can't wait to talk about this on the recording.
  • Is Korra on Netflix yet? I should rewatch it before we Bunker Talk. I haven't seen it since it aired.
  • No it is not. The DVD won't be released until July 16th. Yes, you should watch it again before the recording.
  • So yeah. Sail, Mr. Roboto, and I just geek out about Korra.

Feel free to check it out. http://www.simplysyndicated.com/atw9k-bunker-talk-the-legend-of-korra/#.UZg0mrXqmgs

Also Sail did a great job with the intro.
  • I didn't really edit this episode much because I had such a busy week, so the intro was the least I could do :P
  • YOU GUYS! OMG! KORRA SOUNDTRACK!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o(^▽^)o
  • Doug Walker has decided to vlog his way through the series episode by episode, and I've never seen more than an episode or two before, so I figured now was as good a time as any to start. Following at the pace of his videos, I'm watching about an episode or two a day, which is a good pace for me right now. I'm enjoying it a good deal, but it's not the best thing ever yet. I'm assuming it becomes so in later episodes, though, so I'll stick with it.
  • Doug Walker has decided to vlog his way through the series episode by episode, and I've never seen more than an episode or two before, so I figured now was as good a time as any to start. Following at the pace of his videos, I'm watching about an episode or two a day, which is a good pace for me right now. I'm enjoying it a good deal, but it's not the best thing ever yet. I'm assuming it becomes so in later episodes, though, so I'll stick with it.
    Yea, the first season is the weakest it's one of those things that get better and better. If I recall correctly second and third seasons are pretty much mostly solid and good.

• First look at clip from the new season of Korra.

http://io9.com/first-awesome-footage-from-the-legend-of-korra-book-2-513840666

The animation looks a bit different and more like wacky waving inflatable arm tube man when she was bending.
  • I can't say I like the way the spirits look. Maybe it'll grow on me.
  • Ok. I may or may not have wet myself from that SDCC trailer.

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/comic-con-2013-legend-of-korra-book-2-trailer-d3m.html?xid=LOKFB

We get to learn about the very first Avatar.

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
  • In case anyone is interested, there's a pretty good interview with the creators and some of the cast of The Legend of Korra Book 2 Spirits here.
  • Just marathoned Korra. It was good but not as good as the original.
  • Well damn. Looks like I need to catch up on my Avataring.
  • edited September 2013
    SOON.

FRIDAY.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! O (≧ ▽ ≦) O
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I hop Korra doesn't cut herself on that stories edges.
  • It'll be interesting to see where they take the story now that there is no main villain. It seems its being set at the North Pole and the main conflict will be Korra vs. dark spirits whatever those are. Hopefully the two male leads will actually be interesting because I don't even remember their names due to their lack of distinguishing traits.
  • Bolin is the totally ripped comic relief. Mako is the vapid piece of shit who existed solely to shoehorn an awkward romantic subplot into an already incredibly dense narrative that would've been significantly better without it.

But seriously, watch that episode where they go swimming. IIRC, Bolin is like a solid slab of muscle.