This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• You know, they really should map their circles to be appropriate for the map projection...
  • I thought that was an Earth on the Earth when I first saw it.
    woah

woah

Yo dawg...
  • I heard Xibit likes fractals.
  • I've got an n64, ps2 (the thick as a brick original one), and a 360 that I don't have much use for right now. No clue if they still work properly. Anyone want them?
  • edited July 2013
    I've been thinking a long time about getting a PS2, because I've never owned a Playstation console and I know there is a towering pile of great games that I missed out on. I guess my only concern would be the price of shipping, since I don't know where you're located. Did you have a price in mind?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2013
    I live in Oregon. No clue, to be honest. Research and quality check time, I suppose. Also time to find everything I have related to that sucker (games, controllers, memory cards). I wont charge you for those, so yay for free shit?

Just turned the sucker on, and it seems to be working just fine for me. One working controller, and one memory card (that is probably stupidly full of saved game data).

Here's the games list.

Psychonauts
    Ace Combat 4
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8
    Disgaea
    Samurai Warriors
    Manhunt
    Dynasty Tactics 2
    Final Fantasy X
    The Godfather
    Max Payne
    Bully
    SOCOM 2
    GTA Liberty City Stories
    Metal Gear Solid 1-3
    Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark of the Millenium
    Post edited by Banta on
  • I wouldn't mind a 360, for fear that my current one will crap out on me considering its the original model.
  • Newegg advertises their extended warranties as "Protecting your investment.". That silliness aside, can something be considered an investment if it's expected to only go down in value?
  • Well with some computer companies (and possibly others) the extended warranty is worth it because if your computer craps out in a couple of years they may actually replace it with a newer model.
  • How I miss EU mandated two year warranties.

define: investment actually states that: "A thing that is worth buying because it may be profitable or useful in the future.", so I'm going to go invest in coffee, and then invest in some coffee.
  • Can somebody tell me who those two kids firing Spitballs in the latest JL8 (#135) are supposed to be?
  • From left to right, blue beetle and booster gold.
  • Ted was the best Blue Beetle.
  • Well RSS Demon can go die in a fire. Anyone know of a good podcatcher program for Android smartphones?
  • Podkicker is an okay. It is not very feature rich but it is reliable. I think the Pro version may have more features but it is an entirely different app so I do not know much about it.
  • Well RSS Demon can go die in a fire. Anyone know of a good podcatcher program for Android smartphones?
    I use Beyond Pod, the free version is fine for RSS, the paid one gives you awesome stuff if you use it for audio podcasts. It comes with a week for the trial to make the decision for yourself.
  • Looks like we will likely be visiting my in-laws in Portland, Oregon. What should I checkout while there?
  • When are you going? I know its a ways off but The Portland Retro Gaming Expo is in October.
  • edited July 2013
    Oh, I should have said that. We will be going the last week of September.
    Post edited by canine224 on
    I use Podkicker.
  • What the hell happened to Play This Thing?
    Is it gone? I liked it.
    Is it gone? I liked it.
    Yeah, but the weird thing is they completely removed the web site. How hard does everyone think it would be to scrape the feed from the Wayback Machine? I really feel an obligation to keep those reviews alive.
  • Probably not too hard with wget.
    I use Podkicker.
    Podkicker. I've had occasional issues with downloads but usually everything's awesome. I've never actually used another podcasting app so I can't compare. I don't know what the free version's like because I got the paid one pretty much as soon as it came out, but the paid one is great. Free was also awesome when I was using it. This is the rambliest post I've ever typed.
  • Like my new avatar?
  • Does anyone have a link to that Geeknights ToD of that French dude writing in protest of the sun for being anti-candle industry.
  • edited July 2013
    Like my new avatar?
    'S hard to make out what it is.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on