This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRCF Secret Santa 2013: Now with address verification! (Entry Deadline Oct. 5th)

Comments

• Sail, you're confirmed. P_TOG, I wouldn't worry too much. It looks like people are getting theirs pretty well spaced apart. Worst comes worst, come December I'll start asking people who didn't confirm and requested physical gifts only to give me information for digital gifts.
  • Mine came in the post on friday will stick up a pic on monday, its been one of those weeks.
  • edited November 2013
    When is an appropriate time to send gifts? Because something came up as a gift I think my SS will enjoy and I was wondering whether that individual would want their gift now or closer to Christmas.

Also that person better not buy the gift in the meantime although I don't think they will.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I'd tend to send something when I get it to ensure they don't buy it early.
    Additionally, for my case specifically I'm going to be in Florida for Christmas and so won't be able to receive physical gifts then.
  • I'm taking your answer as consensus. Also your reasoning matches mine.
  • Anyone who complains about getting a gift "too early" is kind of a dick.
  • Nuri said:

Anyone who complains about getting a gift "too early" is kind of a dick.

• HOLY FUCK MATATAT YOU GAVE ME MY GIFT TOO EARLY YOU SHITBAG.

Thanks <3
  • Well my gift has been sent via Steam. Hope my santee enjoys their gift.
  • Should we be worried if we still haven't gotten address verification? It seems like it's been a while.
  • Greg said:

Should we be worried if we still haven't gotten address verification? It seems like it's been a while.

Yes. You'd better move. It seems the PO has given up on delivering mail to your house.

• If you haven't gotten your address verification postcard yet, then you're probably never going to get it. Come December, I'm going to post the finalized list of verified people and notify all santas to check the list. If their Santa-ee isn't on it, then they will be advised to send digital gifts. They CAN still send physical gifts, but it's on their head if their santa-ee doesn't get it. Those who send physical gifts to verified addresses are immune from being banned from the secret santa because, provided they can show that they did send a gift, at that point the problem is with the delivery service or merchant.
  • How could I not get the postcard? My address is 100% correct and I have received physical gifts almost every year.
  • Yeah.. I've had no problem getting mail to my address, and the postcard isn't here.
  • Three posts in a row about not having had any mail problems in the past would be too much, so I won't say anything!
  • Almost a month and a significant non-delivery rate? Man, I'd be calling your "mailing company" and complaining. That is not acceptable.
  • Hmm, yeah. I used Click2Mail because the USPS recommended them. I'll give them a call tomorrow. it only cost me ~$9 to do this, but there are more non-confirmed than confirmed people right now.
  • Heads up for whoever has me as a santee. If you are looking at my Amazon wishlist for ideas I accidentally deleted it. So I remade it and here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1DNQO0KELLGKR/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_ws_4l3Nsb0BC86BM
  • So what's happening with the address verification? With a majority being non-confirmed, I think its safe to say that it wasn't our fault for it.
  • edited December 2013
    I didn't get a postcard, but I do know who my santee is.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • edited December 2013
    Oh, right, I got a postcard. I wanted to clean up my room properly before taking a picture with it, and forgot it under a pile of things :P.

So, confirmatus sum.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Your image isn't showing up.
  • That's because I can't figure out how to get things to link to Dropbox anymore. Gonna have to imgur.
  • Alright, so, at this point, most of you should just consider the postcards as an added verifier. If you want to try mailing your santa a gift, go ahead, but make sure you get tracking on it just in case.
  • I don't even recall if I signed up for this, how can I check?
  • You did not sign up.
  • oh cool just wanted to make sure I was a party pooper and I wasn't overcome by some festive spirit and signed up.
  • Cremlian said:

oh cool just wanted to make sure I was a party pooper and I wasn't overcome by some festive spirit and signed up.

Did you shake your cain at some youths?
  • edited December 2013
    Amp said:

Cremlian said:

oh cool just wanted to make sure I was a party pooper and I wasn't overcome by some festive spirit and signed up.

Did you shake your cain at some youths?
    Fairly certain his Cain was killed by Abel.
    Post edited by Greg on