This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

I will not be fooled a third time
  • The creators addressed the complaints of Korra so far--and they agree with most of them.
  • The fact that they still stick by their really generic and boring plot for Season 2 and other nonsense really doesn't give me confidence for season 3. I may watch it, may not.
  • I'd just like to comment that (although the episode is several weeks old) I'm still mad that they quick-force-damselled Jinora. hmph.
  • I haven't seen any of book 3. I plan on taking them all in at once. Or you could say I'm going on a "bender". :P

I want to rewatch book 2 with commentary and extras first.
  • I still need to watch book 2 as well. I picked up the BD set for cheap, just need to find time.
  • HMTKSteve said:

I still need to watch book 2 as well. I picked up the BD set for cheap, just need to find time.

Same here.
  • I marathoned Korea Book 2 yesterday. Enjoyable as a marathon, not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much week to week. Then I read this http://io9.com/creators-of-the-legend-of-korra-explain-the-shows-not-c-1611119124

Beginning of a trend or an admission of an already known but ignored trend?
  • Book 3 is actually really damn good. It's pretty great like the first season because of all the new developments and the conflicts are genuinely more tense and well thought out. You finally get to see more of the world. My only issue is that they rush things along a bit too quickly to push the story, but that's something that generally separates Airbender from Korra.
  • Book 3 has been pretty freaking amazing so far. I love how they're handling Asami's character (making her overall competent and legitimately smart), and Episode 10...damn.
  • Why is Hulu stuck on episode 6?
  • I usually watch the episodes on Nick.com and stream the tab to my Chromecast.
  • Apparently the show has been yanked from TV and is now web-exclusive due to poor ratings. This may also explain why it's stuck in Hulu as well.
  • Wonder what this means for Season 4 (I understand that Nike already signed off on it before pulling the plug)
  • I was listening to an interview and what was mentioned is that the audience for the show is older and not Nick's target. Also their online ratings were always higher than their on air ratings.
  • So...everyone who was down on Season 3 - retractions?
  • I'd dare say Season 3 is the best season. Incredible world building with new mythology, the action scenes are on a level of their own, the new characters, and the way the villains were so developed and were such a constant threat made it so tense to watch. Especially with the last 4 episode as the dominoes slowly fell. It validates all the set up from Season 2. And the ending of this season is both really satisfying and leaves enough open to explore for the final season.
  • Nukerjsr said:

I'd dare say Season 3 is the best season. Incredible world building with new mythology, the action scenes are on a level of their own, the new characters, and the way the villains were so developed and were such a constant threat made it so tense to watch. Especially with the last 4 episode as the dominoes slowly fell. It validates all the set up from Season 2. And the ending of this season is both really satisfying and leaves enough open to explore for the final season.

Interesting. I should get back to watching season 3. I dropped it after episode 8.

• Season 3 hit me in the feels at the end.
  • This is a really great analysis of the third season of the Legend of Korra:

The Uncertainty Of Change: A Closer Look At The ‘Legend of Korra’ Book 3 Finale

comicsalliance.com/legend-of-korra-review-finale-spoilers/
  • Daikun said:
    It's only airing on the Nickelodeon.com website, so I guess maybe they felt they weren't tied to the traditional TV seasonal structure anymore? I don't know, and I don't really care. I just hope this isn't the last of the Avatar universe.
  • I personally want to see stories of the previous Avatars or even the adventures of the original crew betwee A:tLA and Korra. That may have been shown in season 3 because I have not seen it, so let me know if that happened. I'll get to watching it...

after playing Destiny.
  • I just watched episodes 4-13. All the feels. It was the best season so far. Pretty much what Nuke said.

If we don't see Toph in Book 4, I will be disappointed.

That fucking move by the Suyin on P'li. FUCK.

I'm ready for Book 4.
  • I was kinda happy until the end.
    I'm really sick and tired of Korra resetting. Ugh. Not good development.
  • Well I was watching the new season but now Nick wants cable provider information to watch episodes...
  • HMTKSteve said:

Well I was watching the new season but now Nick wants cable provider information to watch episodes...

Try refreshing the page. It has worked for me a couple of times.