This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX South 2015

Comments

• Apreche said:
    Psshhh. You play board games in the hotel lobby or at awesome eateries while meeting new PAX People.
  • So... about being proud that you've never visited a state that was part of the former Confederacy... :P

Never lived in. I've visited. I spent a bunch of time in Alabama. ;^)

• I wonder if I should prep some RPGs. At the very least I can bring Fiasco. I'd bring Torchbearer except I assume everyone's played Skogenby.
  • So... about being proud that you've never visited a state that was part of the former Confederacy... :P

What? I've driven to Florida.
  • okeefe said:

I wonder if I should prep some RPGs. At the very least I can bring Fiasco. I'd bring Torchbearer except I assume everyone's played Skogenby.

There's only one RPG you truly need.
  • OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we should play the Aliens mod for TB!!
  • Andrew said:

OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we should play the Aliens mod for TB!!

I thought about that. I read USCMC, but 1. I'd have to come up with an adventure, and 2. it very much expects the players to already be familiar with Torchbearer. Then again, John Harper's hack for Aliens (by way of Apocalypse World/The Regiment) has an outline of an adventure…
  • In exactly one week, I'll already be in San Antonio gaming it up with Pence and Jeremy.

OHMAGERD. I have too much excitement going on in my life between football and PAX.
  • I'll make a USCMC game if I can get enough commitment.
  • Never played the Torchbearers before. Would that be an issue?
  • Forgot I had made a backup reservation at the attached hotel, but at $109 more than my reservation a few blocks down the road, I can't justify it. The Courtyard down the road also helps add to my gigantic pile of Marriott points. Gonna can the Hyatt, unless someone really wants it and I can see about transferring.
  • Ro, Jeremy, okeefe and I will also be at the Courtyard.
  • Oh snap
  • Do you guys happen to know if there will be a Netrunner/FFG presence in PAX South? I'm kinda tired of all the MTG, and I really want to see if there is some sort of Netrunner tournament going on here.
  • VentureJ said:

Do you guys happen to know if there will be a Netrunner/FFG presence in PAX South? I'm kinda tired of all the MTG, and I really want to see if there is some sort of Netrunner tournament going on here.

There isn't anything official or organized.
  • Andrew said:

I'll make a USCMC game if I can get enough commitment.

I'm in for playing USCMC. I might look into running it, as I mentioned.

A friend is writing a Torchbearer module, so I asked if I could playtest what he's got for PAX South. So that might be an option. Or I could make up a dungeon.
  • Andrew said:

I'll make a USCMC game if I can get enough commitment.

I'm interested... but don't include me if it's going to bring the headcount past four PCs. I know the pain of GMing and playing in a group that's too large for the game. ;P
  • I think we've got a solid four. If you guys want me to run it (okeefe I guess it's up to you), I need to know by tomorrow so I can make it over the weekend. Otherwise I'll just make a character.
  • Screw you kids and your RPGs. I'll be playing heavy euro board games all day.
  • Matt said:

Screw you kids and your RPGs. I'll be playing heavy euro board games all day.

If you think you're so hot, you should run the net. I've been on a roll lately.
  • Matt said:

I will be playing heavy euros when I'm not RPGing or eating or sleeping.
  • pence said:

Matt said:

and pooping.
  • pence said:

Matt said:

That is my plan.

• Rochelle said:

pence said:

Matt said:

and pooping.
    I will be playing board games about pooping. image
  • Matt said:

I will be playing board games about pooping.

Once all the choices are revealed the donkey is emptied and the colored biscuits are split between the players that chose the colors in the donkey (with any uneven splits or non-chosen colors being fed back into the donkey).

D:

The donkey lets fall a load Card

The color of the donkey on the card indicates which donkey lets fall a load.

If you draw this wild Card, you may select which donkey lets fall a load.

Before you raise the donkey’s Tail so that it can let a load fall, everyone must first secretly select a color on their Color-Selection Wheel.

• Is this game just the Castillo from El Grande in the form of an ass?

One week...
  • I love that lanyard. What's the story with it? I've not seen that one before.
  • Churba said:

I love that lanyard. What's the story with it? I've not seen that one before.

I think it's a PAC-MAN lanyard from the Bandai/Namco booth.
  • Apreche said:

Churba said:

I love that lanyard. What's the story with it? I've not seen that one before.

I think it's a PAC-MAN lanyard from the Bandai/Namco booth.
    I was guessing it was a PA related lanyard, due to the quality(seems better than regular shitty giveaway ones) and the pacman-in-a-watch looking logo that repeats down the pattern.