This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• Scored 2350. There were a lot of obvious cheaters running through ranked. The award going to the Mc.Cree that could barely leave base to becoming king of headshots that could divine the exact position of a flying Phara above and behind him in a split-second while engaging with another opponent five minutes into a match.
  • I'm starting to suspect there's a RoadHog-hook-length cheat out there. I keep getting hooked from REALLY far away.
  • ThatGent said:

Scored 2350. There were a lot of obvious cheaters running through ranked. The award going to the Mc.Cree that could barely leave base to becoming king of headshots that could divine the exact position of a flying Phara above and behind him in a split-second while engaging with another opponent five minutes into a match.

That dude was nuts
  • I'm starting to suspect there's a RoadHog-hook-length cheat out there. I keep getting hooked from REALLY far away.

that would explain a lot...

I'd be pretty surprised if there was, that kind of check is done server side not on the client and for good reason. Cheats are mainly focused on taking control for you (aim bots that just have to analyze screen and provide mouse or keyboard control) or ripping data from the game (such as letting you see through walls, if the server is giving out position info for people on the other side).
  • Not sure, I tend to default to skill over cheats, though it is funny, when I'm playing against Roadhog I either encounter a Roadhog that can maybe hit like 20% of their hooks or one that hits like 80% of their hooks and nothing in between :-p But that could just be Perception.
  • 2103 gold. Had 6 losses, 2 wins, and 2 draws. Time to work towards platinum.
  • Rym said:

I live.

I thought you hanjo.
  • We (Ro, Rym, Ikitano, and myself) had the most remarkable game on King's Row. We literally stopped a push with a foot or two to go in a furious display of luck, ultis, and healing. It was bonkers. One guy on the other team even ragequit. I really, really wish I had video recording capabilities on my computer. It was glorious. I tossed out Zarya's ulti and got a 5-kill combo with the team lighting everyone up on the point, and we swatted down the last tank to make it a team wipe.
  • edited September 2016
    I tried to get my games done last night and just gave up. Out of 6 games I got stuck three times with the same incompetent group of 4 that refused to get in group chat, switch characters, and just trickled in over and over. ;_;
    Post edited by Dr. Zibbelcoot PhD on
  • We had a jerkface who idled in the lobby the entire game and lost it for us. He moved his mouse so he wouldn't time out too.
  • Rym said:

We had a jerkface who idled in the lobby the entire game and lost it for us. He moved his mouse so he wouldn't time out too.

Weird, normally the game times you out anyways if you're not shooting anything or taking damage.
  • There are at least two things I need to do to improve at Overwatch - character-specific strategies, and get better at head-clicking.

Fortunately, I can control at least one of those ;]
  • So I need to practice other roles. Anyone interested on working on characters in Quick Play later on today then perhaps some Competitive? I'll be online.
  • Always up for playing the people I suck at.

Rym, Pence and I had a really great run last night, we won like 10 games in a row. It was ridiculous.
  • Rochelle said:

So I need to practice other roles. Anyone interested on working on characters in Quick Play later on today then perhaps some Competitive? I'll be online.

Yeah for sure. I'll be on in the evening.
  • Yeah it's too bad our group was full. It was me, Adam, Pichu, Gent, & Ikatano. We ended up getting several friend invites and group invites with 3 different players that loved playing with us because we joined Team chat and had a blast. We had a non-Hanjo/Hanzo. He would bust his ulty when Zarya did. It was so glorious. We lost several close games, but it was still fun.
  • I need like 8 hours of mcree time for those boring times where someone has to hitscan. Or I need to practice DVa and Rein some more.
  • That one guy was super salt over Mei. We might have lost, but it was definitely a moral victory.
  • I watched a kid playing Reaper have what I can only describe as a meltdown when I repeatedly chased him down, walled him, and murdered him.

My repertoire now consists of the following.

Tank:
    1. Reinhardt
    2. D.VA

Defense
    1. Bastion (not even joking, I'm still learning tricks)
    2. Mei

Offense
    1. Pharah
    2. McCree (spending most of my training time here)

Support:
    1. Lucio

Default Switch if we're losing and I don't know why:
    1. Soldier 76

I'm going McCree whenever I can in non-competitive to get better. Our extended friend group is pretty good overall, but we lack DPS and sniping. I'm too old to snipe, but I can switch from relatively low-DPS Pharah (really only good for clustered opponents, cover fire against snipers, and turrets/bastions) to McCree to actually finish people off. The more I play McCree, the more I have been able to turn a rough game to a winning or close one.
  • I want to learn aggressive Reinhardt. The people we played against had some really good ones.
  • edited September 2016
    Also in rough order of role preference:
    Tank:
    1. Zarya
    2. Roadhog
    3. Reinhart
    4. Winston
    (I tank a lot)

Support:
    1. Zen
    2. Lucio

Offense:
    1. Soldier
    2. Reaper
    3. Pharah (More skilled than Reaper, but he's just better)
    4. Tracer

Defense:
    1. Lol what's defense

Our groups are definitely short on burst damage output - we mostly play Soldier and Pharah, who have some of the lowest output in brawls. I'll probably practice Tracing more, and we should definitely pick up lots of Reaper since he eats tanks and isn't that hard to play.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Rochelle said:

I want to learn aggressive Reinhardt. The people we played against had some really good ones.

Always be firestriking. Trust the team to cover your butt and one flank (cover the other flank yourself). Ignore people who slip past you: let the team take them.

I rarely whip the hammer out except either post-charge or if the enemy DPS is dead/retreating.

It's surprising how rarely even good players expect you to charge them from far away. They'll reliably misjudge how fast you're approaching, and you can easily with practice pick and charge a far-back Mercy. Pulling her away from the team at a critical moment, then turning around and flamestriking from behind, is super effective.
  • edited September 2016
    We doing this?

Dps:
    1. Soldier.
    2. McCree, been learning him lately and gotten to point where I could pick him in competitive game if we needed that.
    3. Pharah I haven't played much lately, but I think I still got it.

Tank:
    1. Zarya I default to.
    2. Reinhardt if we need him and no one else does.

Support:
    1. Lucio
    2. Zenyatta
    3. Ana
    4. Mercy if I absolutely much, but not otherwise.
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • I suck at Lucio.

• edited September 2016
    Tank:
    1. Zarya *
    2. Roadhog *
    3. D.VA

Defense
    1. Mei

Offense
    1. Tracer *
    2. Soldier (Just started using regularly, really enjoying)

Support:
    1. Zenyatta *
    2. Symmetra

I starred the characters I am comfortable playing in competitive with. I've actually been main-ing Zenyatta and it's been working really well.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/WaterIsPoiso-1362
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Rym said:

Rochelle said:

I want to learn aggressive Reinhardt. The people we played against had some really good ones.

Always be firestriking. Trust the team to cover your butt and one flank (cover the other flank yourself). Ignore people who slip past you: let the team take them.
    Yeah, not enough Reinhardt players I see do this. Every time I play him I find this essential to being effective.