This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• Rochelle said:

Crackfiend: I'm gonna give it up guys. I'm going cold-turkey.
    Crackfriend friends: No, don't go. Keep on the crack. It's good. We'll have crack with you!

:3

But you peeps seriously have the best crack.

• I am so done with pubs. WHY ARE 4 OF YOU ALIVE AND NO ONE IS ON THE POINT?!?
  • edited August 2016

I am so done with pubs. WHY ARE 4 OF YOU ALIVE AND NO ONE IS ON THE POINT?!?

lol. *feels*
    I also have low tolerance for the GG stay at spawn when the game isn't over yet. As lucio, I've solo held overtime for a good amount of time, and no one showed up to follow through T_T
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Next season, let's make a pact. Unless we're 6v6, all competitive all the time. May our ranks fall where they fall. I shall never feel salt for a lost rank again.
  • Eh, sometimes I just wanna play a quick round and don't wanna invest the time it takes to get through a full competitive game.
  • I have pledged to abolish salt from my Overwatch. I realize I was cowboying too much in pub matches because I stopped trusting the teammates the moment I saw any shit, becoming part of the problem. Playing with good group again last night put me back on best behavior and felt like I shouldered my load.
  • You want to get good fast? Livestream your games. People will tell you more about yourself than you ever knew or wanted.

Also... I don't shoot Zarya bubbgles anymore.
  • My goals are to be good for at least 2 players from each class, but mainly sticking to support with 3.

My priorities for PROJECT GET GUD:
    -Zenny
    -Winston
    -Daddy76
    -Reaper or Pharah
    -Reinhardt or Zarya
    -Mei or Torb

I feel if I can be above B tier for the other classes it will help with flexibility and versatility when in groups.

I find playing offense to easily be my weakest.
  • I need to work particularly on genji and reaper. Those heroes can be super essential and a bit too rare.
  • I don't know if I can Genji.

But I've become a lot more versatile by adding McCree to my repertoire. There are a lot of situations where he's the perfect DPS to switch to from Mei or D.VA if we're not quite killing the enemy team but merely holding them at bay.

I'm also switching to Soldier much more often when things are generally not working for a team with no specific obvious reason why.
  • I had some good Reaper games last night, so I think I might be able to actually play him. I need to work on making my Genji not garbage.
  • Rym said:

I don't know if I can Genji.

But I've become a lot more versatile by adding McCree to my repertoire. There are a lot of situations where he's the perfect DPS to switch to from Mei or D.VA if we're not quite killing the enemy team but merely holding them at bay.

I'm also switching to Soldier much more often when things are generally not working for a team with no specific obvious reason why.

Dad knows best.
  • edited August 2016
    Rym said:

He's independent. You don't need to rely on a shit healer or a shit tank to back you up.
    He's all around average. He doesn't excel in one area or another, but he doesn't have a particular weakness.
    He's reaching for a multi-tool when you'r not sure exactly what you need.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • If you don't know what the team needs, pick soldier and adapt accordingly. I'm looking forward to the changes on soldier that will make it easier for him to be more effective at both long and short range.
  • Good Zarya bubble video (you guys should totally not watch it at all ~_^ )

• You who are no fun, there's some amazing Mei play here in the Kings' Row game:
  • The Mei pick was mainly to slow the other team down and prevent them from building momentum, so that they wouldn't get point 3. I can't wait for the new Mei changes though. Been playing ptr but haven't really had a chance since junkrat is so good on the new map.
  • Had a few good games tonight in my campaign of "Actually play overwatch that isn't just with friends so I can stop being shithouse", followed by a poor one. Not on my part(for once) - but I could tell things were not going to go well when two level 60 dudes showed up and both insta-picked reaper, then started arguing in the chat that the other should switch, because they're better. And then started abusing the rest of the team when things started going poorly, despite being essentially two players down on the cart while goofus and doofus were busy trying to up their KDR.
  • In a hotel with good internet for one more night. Plan on playing a lot tonight.
  • I really wish QP matchmaking was better. I'll have a great game, rocking it with a team that understands comp, counters, communication, teamwork... and then we get requeued and I'm suddenly on a team with handful of defense heroes on attack. I'm sorry, but you have to be significantly better than your opponents to make that work, since the very nature of the hero is built against you (for holding ground vs taking it). And unfortunately, players with a couple of successes on an inferior strategy end up thinking they are most winner, and cognitive bias prevents them from recognizing the truth. They blame everyone else for the team's failure, without considering that they might be playing against more difficult opponents where non-meta strats just won't work as well.
  • I've actually gotten fairly lucky trying to just explain that stuff to people. (Tip: People will go for just about anything in the last 2 minutes of a game they are losing). I've started just electing myself team leader in chat and telling people what to do. It works more than you would expect.
  • If and when I do the same, I get such lovely replies as "calm down, little girl."
  • If and when I do the same, I get such lovely replies as "calm down, little girl."

Wow
  • edited September 2016
    Since I haven't delved much into the Competitive side of the game yet, I'm exclusively playing Quick Play at the moment. Since I usually duo queue with the SO, we try to coordinate our positions/heroes over the public voice chat, which sometimes inspires teammates to speak up as well.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • 860+ MB background patch has been released. Not Live yet but it's definitely Eichenwald, Emotes, rebalances and CompSeason2 stuff. Doubt Sombra will be included since that character is probably going on the PTR first.
  • I don't complain about bad players often but morning is a great time to have terrible people on your team.
  • Yeah, I'm beginning to track what percentage of my games have bad teammates at which hours/days, to see if I can't improve my odds.