This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

1434445464749»

Comments

• THIS SHIT IS LIT
  • I love this classic Godzilla theme, used in the Shin Godzilla trailer.

• Odesza

It started with this Vine:

I had to find out what song it was and good enough the comments helped.

Sun Models is perfect. I has a nice laid back feel but at the same time something you can groove to.

I ended up getting the entire "In Return" Deluxe Album. Lots of quality tracks on there. It's been on repeat/shuffle the last few days.
  • Lots of Hendrix.

• MAMAMOO is back.

This music video has this weird quiet interlude, though, which throws everything off. I hope the album doesn't have that.
  • I really like the sound of spoons being played and I don't know why...

• edited November 2016

Post edited by Pegu on
  • I'd never really listened to the Samurai Gunn OST except for one of the songs that Doseone did on a GB stream. But damn, that album is weirdly solid. Some really good electronic hip-hop-ish beats with some traditional Japanese musical elements thrown in for good measure. I also didn't realize Dose did the Enter the Gungeon soundtrack as well. I remember thinking "damn, the music is pretty good in this" while playing it.

Not music related, but play Enter the Gungeon if you're looking for a good top-down shooter.
  • I know we are very anti-ads/commercials, however every now and then there are commercials that introduce me to some good songs.

One instance is this Google Pixel Commercial:

It introduced me to Anderson Paak

Also was listening to some NPR for music on repeat and was introduced to Illa J:

I'm on a funk/hip-hop/soul/r&b kick. Need more of it in my life, but honestly don't know who to check out.
  • edited December 2016
    Holy shit The Hamilton Mixtape.
    Exists, it is pretty great, my favourite track is My Shot. The average quality of the songs is far above that of most others with a few highlights.

I was eager to book tickets to see this show for it's tour to Australia but they've already been sold out for months lol.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • Yeah it's pretty solid in a way I wasn't expecting.
  • sK0pe said:

Exists, it is pretty great, my favourite track is My Shot. The average quality of the songs is far above that of most others with a few highlights.

I felt like the mixtape took out everything that made Hamilton stand out and left a bland hip hop/modern RnB album.
  • Greg said:

sK0pe said:

I felt like the mixtape took out everything that made Hamilton stand out and left a bland hip hop/modern RnB album.
    To my ears most modern RnB and Hip Hop albums are far worse than this or at least this tries to be not like every other album.
    Also Busta Rhymes somehow sounds like he knows how to rap for real unlike his bleh usual work. There are quite a few meh tracks on there but the highlights outshine most other albums.

I also haven't seen the musical so don't know what is missing.