This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

1781782783784785787»

Comments

• How do you feel about Vietnam vets? Pilots who sprayed Agent Orange? Operation Rolling Thunder?

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm genuinely curious what you think.

Also I'm not comparing Vietnam vets to anyone involved with the Holocaust, My example was very specifically conscripts in the Wehrmacht,
  • I view them the way I view police officers, not necessarily evil, (though surely some were/are) but guilty of participating in a war machine that unquestionably was.

I think less of them for having done so. In some cases I'm sympathetic, but I don't think I or anyone has to be sympathetic towards them because fundamentally I don't consider "that's just the way it was" or "that's just how we do things" to be valid excuses.
  • It's Christmas Eve and I am sick as a dog :(
  • Microsoft's sneaky tactic for Windows 10 upgrades.

The Close button on the title bar should have the same effect as the Cancel or Close button within the dialog box. Never give it the same effect as OK.
    Not cool, guys.
  • Finished my first Christmas without my family in Japan by getting explosive diarrhoea. Pretty much sums up my day tbf.
  • It's a huge relief to have it all behind you?
  • Parked my car at my mum's for my Christmas day visit and a man in a Bentley smashed right into it. I won't be able to drive it home. It's a company car but I don't have the insurance information which is in my office a hundred miles away and which is closed until we reopen in the new year. I need to call a colleague to get my boss' number to let him know what's up... I'm still new to the company and I'm upset that I'm having to call for help over Christmas.
  • ThatGent said:

It's a huge relief to have it all behind you?

Well it certainly made teaching the next day an interesting experience.

My boxing day also got better when a student accidentally curb stomped my junk and another crapped on me while I gave them a shoulder ride. Christmas 2016 whooo!
  • Amp said:

Finished my first Christmas without my family in Japan by getting explosive diarrhoea. Pretty much sums up my day tbf.

High Five, Christmas poop-buddy.

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow, so I get to spend all day today flushing out the pipes. Merry Christmas to me.
  • Its just the best thing isn't it? Really gets you in the Christmas mood!
  • Oh It's the greatest. Plus, since I knew this was coming, I had to avoid all of the delicious Christmas dinner and desserts that my family made, since I didn't want to fill up on anything.
  • See mine caught me unaware. Was sat under the kotatsu reading a nice book when I could feel the cramps grown. Just about made it in time was a close run thing. Also 1 ply is dam common over here!
  • ^ That is a reality that I live with on a regular basis. Colitis is the stuff gypsy curses are made of.

The colonoscopy was a success, though with one interesting note. I had the high-larious idea to tell a joke to the doctor right as he was putting me under, and then deliver the punchline right as I woke up. However, I went out before I could tell him, "What did one snowman say to the other snowman?", so I randomly woke up after the procedure and immediately said, "Smells like carrots." with no context.