This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• why yours is more superior than every other forum out there.'
    Simple, I'm here.
    Simple, I'm here.
    True that.
    Simple, I'm here.
    True that.
    Suck up.
  • After all the clips on the Animaniacs, why not an episodes on the awesome cartoon series and why we need volume 4 on DVD.
    Simple, I'm here.
    True that.
    Suck up.
    Nitpicker.
  • I am unsure if they have ever done a show on this or not, but I would like to know their opinions of mainstream versus niche in media. The four main types of media I would like them to cover are Anime, movies, music, and video games. If they already have, I apologize for the repeat suggestion.
  • Here is a Thursday idea.
    How about Rym and Scotts' views on people from around the world and also how they feel people from other countries percieve Americans (a geek perspective).
    It should be interesting.
  • edited May 2008
    How about talking to a geek from another country to see how is the fandom there.

Did you guys ever invite Stevie B on? If not that would be total win if you did!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited May 2008
    I am unsure if they have ever done a show on this or not, but I would like to know their opinions of mainstream versus niche in media. The four main types of media I would like them to cover are Anime, movies, music, and video games. If they already have, I apologize for the repeat suggestion.
    As far as just about all of those subjects go, I'd have to assume that they'd go with niche for just about all of those, just based on their opinions they've stated in previous shows. I can foresee that episode being like "fuck mainstream, most of it sucks. Example A: Naruto, example b: list of movies from hollywood recently, example c: nickelback, example d: madden " end of show.
    Here is a Thursday idea.
    How about Rym and Scotts' views on people from around the world and also how they feel people from other countries percieve Americans (a geek perspective).
    It should be interesting.
    ...and most likely filled with racism [not calling you guys racist, I'd imagine it would happen to anyone who tries to do an episode like this] and resulting hatemail.
    How about talking to a geek from another country to see how is the fandom there.
    Seconded.

And an idea for a Wednesday episode: Crying Freeman. Honestly, all the previews I've read about it seem really lame, but I've heard nothing but good about it. Thus, I'd love to hear a review on it.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • The Adventures of Dr. McNinja. I think that there is enough content in this webcomic to make an entire show.
  • How about a thursday in which someone interesting interviews Rym and Scott?
  • How about a thursday in which someone interesting interviews Rym and Scott?
    But all of us did that. Remember the Ask Rym and Scott or Thursday of questions week.
  • A episode about those non Burning wheel indie-rpgs you mentioned buying. And maybe a episode about what kind of games you have. What kind of characters, settings, stories, situations.
    More rpg stuff in Tuesdays!
  • Here is an idea for a Wednesday:

• Is Wednesday strictly "Anime, Manga, Comics" or does it include any animation or sequential art?
    In other words, would Machinima fall in Wednesday or Tuesday?
    Besides that, I think that Stop Motion could be a great topic for a Wednesday show.
  • Is Wednesday strictly "Anime, Manga, Comics" or does it include any animation or sequential art?
    In other words, would Machinima fall in Wednesday or Tuesday?
    Besides that, I think that Stop Motion could be a great topic for a Wednesday show.
    That's brilliant! Bring on the Harryhausen 'cause he is the fucking bomb when it comes to stop-motion.
  • Here is a series you could do for a week if you wanted to:

Monday: Chiptunes (music from a chip ie NES, SNES, etc.)
    Tues: Little Nemo the Dream Master (NES Capcom game)
    Wed: Little Nemo the Dream Master (Anime Movie)
    Thurs: Winsor McCay (The revolutionary animator for...Little Nemo the Dream Master Comic Strip and other animation)
  • Monday: Chiptunes (music from a chip ie NES, SNES, etc.)
    Depends on how they do that....if they look into the tech behind it, then it's a monday ep. But if it's just about their thoughts on chiptune and whatnot, then it would be a Thursday.
  • Video game controllers. Best ones, worst ones, first ones, etc.
    Maybe as a cop out. I can't see a full episode coming from that.
    They've made stupider things into good episodes.
  • edited May 2008
    Video game controllers. Best ones, worst ones, first ones, etc.
    They've made stupider things into good episodes.
    Underwear. Enough said.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • How about an episode on timeshifting media?
  • Have you talked about the OLPC project? I did a search but did not find anything. I got one through the give one, get one program and I think it is a decent computer. I am wondering what your thoughts are about the computer and the recent announcement that Windows XP will soon be available as an option.
  • You might want to change your closing bit so that it explains the new GeekNights schedule.
  • You might want to change your closing bit so that it explains the new GeekNights schedule.
    We've been meaning to re-record that thing forever: it's SUPER old.

Maybe this coming week.
    We've been meaning to re-record that thing forever: it's SUPER old.

Maybe this coming week.
    We should make four separate closing bits. I think we should also add some differentiation in the opening, to make it clearer that we are making four separate podcasts, not one.
  • I want a "how to not suck" at buying a bike and riding it to and from places.
  • Thunder Cats
    never forget
  • Google everything: gmail, gears, apps for domains, etc.
    Privacy