This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Girls never asked guys out when/where I went to school.
    I asked out a popular guy that I had a crush on in 9th grade. He turned my down, though. I guess I never saw it as a weird thing, but then again I was raised by progressive parents that didn't really stress gender roles all that much.
    I'm not sure it was a parental thing that kept girls from asking boys out, but I was in a pretty conservative area. It simply just never occurred to us that girls could ask boys out, as the boys did the asking out quite effectively and quickly.

• Adam has been sick for two weeks. He seemed to be getting better, but he took a turn for the worse today, so I am going to stay home and take care of him. My poor fella'!
  • I am tired of people with what can only be described as a rudimentary grasp of matters believing that they are right when they are not even arguing about the same thing!
  • I think she's actually Quin Morgen-Dorfer
    That is the best description, which makes sense with your avatar. I really should buy that damn series.
    The box set comes with a Mystik Spiral music video and the script for their cancelled spin-off show. It is well worth your money.
  • edited February 2012
    Built an entire line of these.. backwards.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Multi-track drifting?
  • edited February 2012
    I found out about Bile Bears today. Screw 'Chinese medicine'. Screw it so hard.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • That's one of those things that I feel worse about life by knowing it exists. I hate that sort of thing. Thousands of animals suffering FOR NO REASON AT ALL!
  • Star Wars: Underworld (tv series) is a thing. Yep. Also time travel may be a part of it. Yep.
  • I was awoken today by a cramp in my left lower leg.
  • Apparently making sure teachers have low pay in Alabama is what God wants.
  • Apparently making sure teachers have low pay in Alabama is what God wants.
    And by that logic, that same senator who gave himself a 67% pay raise would logically be the worst person for his job and not who God wants in his position.
  • Being the medical administrator/liaison/nurse of your family and of your boyfriend can be really damn aggravating.

PEOPLE, Y CAN'T U TAKE CARE OF URSELVES?!
  • Hey, Ro. I have this thing on my back. It's kind of a dot, what is it?
  • edited February 2012
    IT'S CANCER! YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Who wants to get angry about anti-LGBT bullying? Here. GET FUCKING ANGRY.
  • edited February 2012
    Who wants to get angry about anti-LGBT bullying? Here. GET FUCKING ANGRY.
    Oh, more good nasal-clearing hatred.

We shouldn't allow religion in this country.

EDIT: HERE, HAVE A REALLY IGNORANT FUCKING QUOTE BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT MAD ENOUGH:
    Asked on a radio program whether the anti-gay agenda of her ilk bore any responsibility for the bullying and suicides, Barb Anderson, co-author of the original "No Homo Promo," held fast to her principles, blaming pro-gay groups for the tragedies. She explained that such "child corruption" agencies allow "quote-unquote gay kids" to wrongly feel legitimized. "And then these kids are locked into a lifestyle with their choices limited, and many times this can be disastrous to them as they get into the behavior which leads to disease and death," Anderson said. She added that if LGBT kids weren't encouraged to come out of the closet in the first place, they wouldn't be in a position to be bullied.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/one-towns-war-on-gay-teens-20120202#ixzz1lN75yKME
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited February 2012
    Who wants to get angry about anti-LGBT bullying? Here. GET FUCKING ANGRY.
    I have no words to explain how this makes me feel. As a parent and someone who has had more than 1 friend commit suicide I have no way of know how I would react if I was one of those kid's parents or just lived in that area. I wish I could say that surprises me how bad that is but the high school I graduated from was about as bad as that and actually fired a teacher for being gay after I graduated. I will say this is not something I should have read at word. I had to step away from my computer to calm myself down, especially after reading the part about the 9 year old boy trying to drown himself to see his older brother.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • especially after reading the part about the 9 year old boy trying to drown himself to see his older brother.
    That was painful to read. It's both unbearably sad and absolutely infuriating.

• That was painful to read. It's both unbearably sad and absolutely infuriating.
    You can add scary to that for me. My kids are unrealistically close to each other and s.... fuck it, I cannot continue this. I do not want to think about that. That is not something any parent should have to worry about and fuck that school district for allowing it to be that way.
  • edited February 2012
    I wish people would care as much about human rights violations in the US as they do about human rights abuses in other countries. I have two little brothers and the youngest and I are about the same difference in age as those two. I felt violently ill reading that passage.

Also, I don't wish people would die. That's generally bad form. That said, I do think that the day that vile, hate-spewing hag responsible for those policies dies in the sight of all of her xenophobic "values" being scorched from the earth would be a rather pleasant day for a champaign picnic at the Botanic Garden.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited February 2012
    She added that if LGBT kids weren't encouraged to come out of the closet in the first place, they wouldn't be in a position to be bullied.
    That quote is like a geometric proof: order is very important. How about:
    If an LGBT kid knows they would be bullied, they shouldn't publicly come out of the closet.

Haters gonna hate. If that's gonna get to you, you can't give them reason to hate.
    EDIT: Just pretend this last part isn't in quotes. I can't get it to.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • edited February 2012
    She added that if LGBT kids weren't encouraged to come out of the closet in the first place, they wouldn't be in a position to be bullied.
    That quote is like a geometric proof: order is very important. How about:
    If an LGBT kid knows they would be bullied, they shouldn't publicly come out of the closet.
    Haters gonna hate. If that's gonna get to you, you can't give them reason to hate.
    EDIT: Just pretend this last part isn't in quotes. I can't get it to.You're not presenting that as an acceptable position, right? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be reading your post.

(Edit: you have a misspelled /blockquote tag)
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Sympathy for the devil, my friend.
  • Eurail Global y u so esspensive?
  • So my computer has been acting kinda slow and shitty for several weeks now. Thought I had picked a virus browsing the prons or something. Whatever, I haven't reformatted in a long while, I'm due. I backup my files, reformat, and get all the way through the windows install. Just one more reboot and... the primary HD takes a shit. Literally hangs on the BIOS boot screen it's that far gone. I didn't think I had a virus. >_>
  • Well, at least you had everything backed up!
  • I have the choice between either renting a one-bedroom, no-AC apartment sight-unseen, or getting a two-bedroom apartment in the same building as a friend, and just hoping that I can either find a roommate or that the rent is low enough that I break even.