This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steam Summer Sale

Comments

• edited July 2013
    The cards, when crafted into badge levels, get you crap like emoticons and backgrounds. I got bunch of random cards and put them all up for sale for like a quarter just to see if anyone will wind up buying them.
    If you put the summer sale cards on the marketplace for $0.20, they'll sell in about 10 minutes.

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Challenge accepted
  • I set a bunch of them below market value and the only one I've actually sold was a foil Skyrim Summer card for $1.50. The other stuff I've managed to sell was a bunch of old Team Fortress items I didn't know I had.
  • spoke too soon they all sold at basically the same time.
  • edited July 2013
    I've made $10 upwards from cards. I love this system. I've set up a whole thing where I'm using the floater laptop to run games that give cards that I don't want to play right now (but already own because I enjoy them at other times) while my desktop runs Steam in offline mode and I do whatever the fuck I want. I have bought games I wouldn't have otherwise on the basis that I already had the money from selling cards. It's not actually much, but during a sale it feels like sooooo much.

Also, Ikatono, what's your SteamID? I don't think we're friends on there yet.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah I've made maybe $5-$6 almost entirely off of these summer sale cards. The unfortunate aspect from other games is that you only get a certain amount of drops, although I guess you can get boosters (for some reason I recall needing to be level 10? Not sure).

It almost makes me want to play Dota 2 to get item drops to sell.
    Almost.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • It almost makes me want to play Dota 2 to get item drops to sell.
    Almost.
    Most Dota 2 stuff is unsellable. Pretty much only drops I can sell are chests, which are not worth the effort and stuff like taunts and custom UI which weren't drops to begin with and which I don't want to sell anyways.
    If I could sell all those ugly hats and "hats" I would, but can't.

• edited July 2013
    Somehow I had a bunch of sellable weapons from team fortress. Some were non resellable but those were accessories or something. I figured dota would have sellable weapons as well.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Also, Ikatono, what's your SteamID? I don't think we're friends on there yet.
    "Ikatono"
  • Survived the sale with only one purchase (Dark Souls).
  • I only spend like $2.50 but it helps that I'm poor and my computer is too slow to run a lot of the games. Picked up DLC Quest, Civ 3, because it was like a dollar and my pc can actually run it, and Just Cause, because it was 27 cents.
  • All I bought was all the DLC for Saints Row the Third.
  • I spent.... probably more than I should have.
  • I spent.... probably more than I should have.
  • I'm glad I caved and bought Rogue Legacy midway through the sale. It feels like Binding of Isaac meets Castlevania in a good way.
  • I spent... A lot. Also, does anybody have a spare Reus card to trade?
  • I spent... A lot. Also, does anybody have a spare Reus card to trade?
    I have one. Prices are climbing on the summer sale cards!

• I have a spare Reus as well. And a spare Torchlight, and spare Chivalry. One Bioshock and Dead Island. And that's it.
  • Survived the sale with only one purchase (Dark Souls).
    Fez + soundtrack for me.
  • I spent about $90, but I got 15 games. The only other game I'm buying this year is BF4.
    The best possible Monaco experience is on a big TV with your friends in the room yelling at each other, but multiplayer with voice chat is still pretty fun.
    I did this on Sunday, it is in fact the best way to play.
  • Sale is over but tempted to grab Gianna Sisters for 80% off today, especially since I have $2.50 in my wallet from selling cards.
  • Well, I bought zero games.
  • Picked up Bioshock Infinite and nothing else because I'm a poor college kid. Was considering Sleepy Dogs, Dishonored, Gunpoint, and Antichamber.
  • Several people have messaged me asking about the fact that I've had RPG Maker open in Steam for a week straight now.

Yes, I'm playing with it. But I am a father and actually get about 15 minutes to an hour a day to myself total. It's just on. It's not being used that much.

Yes, it will be ATW9K: The RPG. Yes, it will be dumb.
  • They gave out a bunch of keys on their Facebook and I was hoping to win one but no dice. Perhaps next sale then.
  • edited July 2013
    Played System Shock 2 for an hour. This was my first time playing a game w/ cards, so I was not expecting to get 3 cards and then half them all sell for 40-something cents each. Immediately bought Giana Sisters for $2.99, for free! I love you Steam.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • The Walking Dead cards are all siting around 50 cents right now.
  • I should just leave that game running for a couple hours and snag all my drops.
  • The haul this year:
    Antichamber
    The Basement Collection
    Dishonored
    Fez
    The Maw
    Organ Trail
    Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
    Saints Row: The Third
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Shank
    Shank 2