This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• Zombies are the new Ninjas, which were the new Pirates, which were the new Dinosaurs. It's a continuing cycle. Vampires will probably be next (again) if werewolves aren't.
    Vampires are the big thing now. I never cared for vampire stories or movies since I was young, so it annoys me seeing it everywhere.

I kinda hope we have a dinosaur boom again. I'll be the new werewolf.
  • Zombies are the new Ninjas, which were the new Pirates, which were the new Dinosaurs. It's a continuing cycle. Vampires will probably be next (again) if werewolves aren't.
    Vampires are the big thing now. I never cared for vampire stories or movies since I was young, so it annoys me seeing it everywhere.

I kinda hope we have a dinosaur boom again. I'll be the new werewolf.
    The only vampire novels I ever found worth reading were Dracula and Salem's Lot.
  • Interview with the Vampire was great when I was a kid. It was the first vampire work I'd ever encountered that wasn't either "bleh, I vant to suck your blood" or involving hit dice.
  • Interview with the Vampirewas great when I was a kid. It was the first vampire work I'd ever encountered that wasn't either "bleh, I vant to suck your blood" or involving hit dice.
    Yeah, I loved the Anne Rice novels when I was in Junior High. They are still fun for a giggle.
    BTW, has anyone read her Jeebus books?
  • The only vampire novels I ever found worth reading were Dracula and Salem's Lot.
    Only the first chapter of Dracula is worth reading.
  • The only vampire novels I ever found worth reading were Dracula and Salem's Lot.
    Only the first chapter of Dracula is worth reading.
    Granted it was a little slow, but every part after Abraham Van Helsing appears is awesome because I find him so cool for the fact that he uses knowledge of how to fight against arcane and demonic creatures.
  • I was so bummed when I found out that the first part of Dracula wasn't what the whole book was going to be like.
  • I was so bummed when I found out that the first part of Dracula wasn't what the whole book was going to be like.
    I was bummed when I found out that Dracula wasn't about vampires at all, but rather about a bunch of gay men fighting over a few women as a way of getting their sexual frustrations out.
  • I have to listen to this today. I hope one of my questions got in.

Also: Post #1000
  • Do a show on augmented reality, goddamnit.
  • How about a show on Understanding Comics? Better yet, a show on Scott McCloud.
  • Do a show on augmented reality, goddamnit.
    Suggested references:
    Dennou coil
    AR Hatsune Miku
    google goggles
    Ghost in The Fucking Shell GOOD GOD.
  • Suggested references:
    And that novel Luke Barrage wrote, that I unfortunately can't remember the name of or if he actually released it to the public.
  • There, I've said it. You can hate me now.
    But there's no reason to hate you! And the "You should do a Zombies episode!" is a running gag in this thread if you ask me. It's just a boredom catch. If bored: mention zombies/pirates/ninjas/etc.
    Dennou coil
    They also should just do a show on this show alone.
    And that novel Luke Barrage wrote, that I unfortunately can't remember the name of or if he actually released it to the public.
    You mean Minding Tomorrow? It's on his website, just google the title.
  • How about a show about Space Battleship Yamato? You guys mention Galaxy Express 999 and Captain Harlock every so often, why not Yamato?
  • How about a show on daily routines? You know, like how to get up on time? I have a pretty hard time with mornings and I'd like to know how you guys do it.
  • How about a show on daily routines? You know, like how to get up on time? I have a pretty hard time with mornings and I'd like to know how you guys do it.
    Force yourself to wake up earlier. And go to bed.
  • Force yourself to wake up earlier. And go to bed.
    I was thinking the same thing.

As for requests, I really would like to hear final thoughts shows on any of the shows you said you would do final thoughts on.
  • Challenge Episodes!
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    How about more Geek Profiles?

Some Suggestions
    Geek Profile: Daryl Surat
    Geek Profile: Clarissa Graffeo
    Geek Profile: Dave Riley
    Geek Profile: Joel White
    Geek Profile: A forumite
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Yeah, those geek profiles were pretty good.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    Should you guys ever do another Geek Book Club in the future, I thought of a simple and very enjoyable book to read. I suggest that it should be T.H. White's "The Once and Future King".
    Post edited by Geo on
  • The most win episode ever- Geek Profiles: Ro.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    The most win episode ever- Geek Profiles: Ro.
    I think she deserves a Geek Profile considering the awesomeness she has spread throughout the forums, the forumites, and the FRC.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited January 2010
    The most win episode ever- Geek Profiles: Ro.
    I think she deserves a Geek Profile considering the awesomeness she has spread throughout the forums, the forumites, and the FRC.
    Thanks for the love, guys, but it's all good. I'm just happy to be among awesome people and meeting them. =3 Plus there are many others that I would rather hear about that are cooler.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Ro, you are up there in the awesome! I would be an awesome show.

Others I think would be awesome to chat with are Kate, Nuri, Timo, Churba, Pete, Sonic, Sail, Andrew, Jason and some person I'm forgetting at the moment.
  • I would be an awesome show.
    That too.
  • Others I think would be awesome to chat with are Kate, Nuri, Timo, Churba, Pete, Sonic, Sail, Andrew, Jason and some person I'm forgetting at the moment.
    Even discounting how much of an asshole I've been to Scott-Prime recently, I'm at the bottom of that list, at best.
  • Others I think would be awesome to chat with are Kate, Nuri, Timo,Churba, Pete, Sonic, Sail, Andrew, Jason and some person I'm forgetting at the moment.
    Even discounting how much of an asshole I've been to Scott-Prime recently, I'm at the bottom of that list, at best.
    What are you talking about?
  • The thing you guys have to remember is that GeekNights is a podcast that happens to have a community, it is not a community podcast.

If you want to understand what I'm talking about, check the OCRemix podcast. I started listening years ago because I liked OCRemixes. After a few episodes, I realized that all they did during the podcast was talk about the OCRemix community. It's a very good podcast for members of that community, but it's useless for people who just come and download some remixes without participating in their forums and IRC.

I know that listeners really want to be on the show, just like Howard Stern listeners really love to call in. I know that some of the listeners are way awesome, and will make good geek profiles episodes whether or not they are listeners. But when you make show suggestions, don't try to suggest things that YOU will enjoy. Try to suggest ideas that a random geek who is listening for the first time will enjoy. When you make anything with multiple volumes, issues, episodes, etc. you have to plan it for someone who is brand new to it. Any insularity must be kept to a minimum, if not avoided entirely.