This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I would tell my 15 year old self to stop thinking about how useless I am and realize that interacting with people isn't really that hard. Also, to tell my parents to invest in Apple.
  • edited August 2012
    Tales from the Breakfast club, part #1782

[10:46:33 AM] Churba: I wish there was a mix of DBZ and Carl Sagan's cosmos
    [10:47:17 AM] Churba: "NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON, WHAT DOES NASA SAY ABOUT HIS POWER LEVEL?"
    "IT'S...IT'S BILLIONS AND BILLIOOOOONS!"
    [10:47:40 AM] Churba: Instead of going Super Sayain, they go Super Sagan
    [10:48:05 AM] Churba: They grow a blonde bowl cut and a turtleneck
    [10:52:04 AM] Grey the Huge: And then they stop fighting and light up a bowl?
    [10:52:28 AM] Churba: YES
    Post edited by Churba on
  • This looks kind of interesting.
  • To my 15-year-old self: Don't stop rapping and never take shit.
  • To my 15 year old self: You know that HTML stuff you were playing around with in middle school? That's gonna be pretty important in a few years, so keep playing around with it. (Sadly, I lost interest and didn't start coding again until near the end of high school)
  • edited August 2012
    To my 15 year old self: You're a cunt. Pull your head in.

Also check this out. You'll find out why it's funny in a few years.

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2012
    So I've been asked by a Beverly Hills Opthamology clinic to build a computer for one of their employees. The computer's parts comes to about $600 (they already have a monitor). What should I charge them for labor? My dad says I should double what the parts cost and and have them pay half up front.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Double the parts, plus double any fuel or travel expenses, plus double any other expenses.
  • So around $1200 parts and labor + gas/parking/whatever?
  • It's your time and money. Just imagine you were doing this as a real, full time job. How much would you need to live off comfortably? If this computer breaks, they're going to be calling you. You're making them pay for all your stress.

REDWAAAAAAALL! LOGALOGALOGALOG! EULALIA! REDWAAAAAAALL!

REDWAAAAAAALL! LOGALOGALOGALOG! EULALIA! REDWAAAAAAALL!
    This just made my day.
  • This is a great forum. That's all.
  • Hyrule Historia is being translated and is on Amazon.com for preorder.

• When playing Civ V with the Equestria mod on, Declarations of Friendship feel particularly powerful.
  • edited August 2012
    An interesting thought - Female peer pressure might be a very significant amount of what is keeping women out of the programming world. And I'd assume by extension, other high-geekery occupations, like engineering.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • The 2012 Paralympics mascot has a cutie mark.

• Bipedal creatures call that a tramp stamp.
  • It's too far to the side to be a tramp stamp.
  • So we've been checking out pony ass for the last two seasons without really realizing it, haven't we?
  • So we've been checking out pony ass for the last two seasons without really realizing it, haven't we?
    Isn't the common joke that "plot" is codeword for "pony ass"?
  • edited August 2012
    I think I accidentally got into the DOTA 2 beta. Alright then, let's see if my old DOTA skills* still work.

*- Pick crystal elf woman, proceed to top of a lane, blizzard forever.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Linkigi's random favorite Tumblr of the day: Misandry and Kittens.
  • Can anyone invite me to the FRC steam group? It appears to be invitation only to join up.
  • Can anyone invite me to the FRC steam group? It appears to be invitation only to join up.
    I did not know there was a GeekNights and FRC group.
  • edited August 2012
    Strange, I just joined it a few days ago. Though it looks like there's both a geeknights group and a frc group, geeknights being much bigger and public.
    Post edited by Grunkie7 on
  • edited August 2012
    The FRC one is FRC only, I believe. The Geeknights one is public. Just look it up on the Steam client, click the join button, and you're set.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • So, I am going to Brazil in 2014. Just saying :D
    I think my dad, uncle, a friend and I are renting a villa in Rio for la Copa Mundial. If that happens, let's hang.