This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Hey guys, if you have time, check out the live stream of my Equestria LA lecture at 1:10PM PST. Link!
  • So, the Brony Thank You Project Commercial aired:
  • edited November 2012
    Drunk Rarity is pretty great.

Also, http://ponycountdown.com/

Best pony SFM:
  • If your link actually worked.
  • edited November 2012
    If your link actually worked.
    Well, I'm reading it. Who needs a working link anyway?
  • edited November 2012
    Post edited by Banta on
  • From Hasbro's PR firm email I just got:

"Gameloft and Hasbro are excited to announce the availability of My Little Pony for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android devices!

Help the Ponies rebuild Ponyville in this fun and free-to-play strategy game for all ages. Build your own Ponyville and play fun games with all your favorite ponies like Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Applejack!

• Meet Twilight Sparkle and all of your favorite ponies!
    • Hang out with them and see them do fun animations.
    • Make your Ponyville the most prosperous place in Equestria.
    • Fun mini-games: Play ball, pick apples, and even fly with your ponies!
    • Feel the Magic of Friendship by interacting with your friends!
    • Official voice talents in the game!"

How high are we willing to wager that it will be shit? I won't deny that I'll at least give it a glance, though. You never know.
  • 99% sure it's shit.
    I think Rainbow dash should be mulan or something.
  • That's what I said too! She fits as Mulan, or as Merida. Belle and Snow White are good matches, though!
  • Mermaid Pinkie is best even though Rainbow Dash is always best.
  • Applejack should be Pocahontas, Rainbow Dash should be warrior Mulan, and even though Rarity looks awesome, I think maybe Sleeping Beauty would fit her more (the whole being beautiful thing, the spindle...maybe).
  • Poccohontas should never be involved. We should just burn all the copies of that movie and pretend it was never made.
  • Applejack should be Pocahontas, Rainbow Dash should be warrior Mulan, and even though Rarity looks awesome, I think maybe Sleeping Beauty would fit her more (the whole being beautiful thing, the spindle...maybe).
    But the Spike in Rajah costume is pretty cool. Pinkie Mermaid is great.
  • Poccohontas should never be involved. We should just burn all the copies of that movie and pretend it was never made.
  • Now this is something...
    http://www.overthinkingit.com/2012/11/08/my-little-pony-plato/

Choice quotes:
    " Similar to the “Myth of the Metals”, the myth of the Windigoes acts as Equestria’s “Noble Lie” by discouraging disputes between the sub-species"

" Many scholars agree that The Good is a sort of Harmony. They have pointed out that Plato’s utopia relies upon harmony to keep the three classes in cooperation. Harmony is the coexistence of multiple forces working cooperatively; a harmonious order is the opposite of chaos"

" Princess Celestia and her subjects hold harmony as the ultimate pursuit; natural chaos, such as free movement of clouds, was artificially removed from Equestria to allow for a more ordered, harmonious existence "

Never read Plato's Republic, but reading this piece has got me interested. Again Ponies make everything better.
  • MLP fanfiction should be called Pony Tales. :P
  • Some puns are just Horse Manure-vers.
  • edited November 2012
    Less than 24 hours to go!
    http://ponycountdown.com/
  • Oh man tomorrow? I have plans in the morning! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • I also have plans in the morning. To watch ponies.
  • I also have plans in the morning. To watch ponies.
  • edited November 2012
    I also have plans in the morning on Saturday night. To watch ponies.
    That's contingent on being able to watch it live somewhere, however.

• Oh man tomorrow? I have plans in the morning! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! Still haven't watched all of season 2, and I have work tonight.

Time to call in sick and do a marathon.