This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

International Talk Like A Pirate Day

edited September 2006 in Everything Else
Well I thought I should let those who don't know, that September 19 is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. There's also an offical web site.
Happy pillaging, Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Comments

• We celebrate this holiest of holidays with vigor. Rest assured, there will be a special.
  • An all pirate-talkin' special?! Oooh...
  • Arrr, Rym shall crack open the rum and break out the parrots. Yarrrr.
  • Yarrr, It's official Cremlian searchs for Booty day.. (oh wait that's everyday!)

YarrRIT.. ^_^
  • Well I know what shirt I'm wearing next Tuesday.
  • As bloodninja says, "HAAAAAARRR"
  • I hope Talk Like a Pirate day doesn't aso involve massive consumption of rum, otherwise I'm going to be in big trouble. As the old greek proverb says, "Where there is seas, there are pirates."
  • Oh my god, I just realized that International Talk Like a Pirate Day is a Monkey Tuesday. Don't worry, I already emailed Penn/Mike/Happy Jack.
  • edited September 2006
    Wow, been a while since I've been here. I have been so busy the last month and a half that even when I could get at the internet, I didn't really have time to check this site. Shiver me timbers, now I be back!

EDIT: Holy CRAP, the forums are so busy!
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • I've celebrated this at my work. I've done it in classes. It's one of the few holidays I actually recognize =P
  • edited September 2006
    Post edited by NinjaNed on
  • The 6th year in my lab is finally defending his dissertation on 9/19. I'm trying to convince him it'll go over better if he actually talks like a pirate throughout the defense.
  • edited September 2006
    Oh my god, I just realized that International Talk Like a Pirate Day is a Monkey Tuesday. Don't worry, I already emailed Penn/Mike/Happy Jack.
    YARR, that's going to be amusing!
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • MONKEYS! PIRATES! MONKEYS TALKING LIKE PIRATES! PIRATES WITH MONKEYS! MONKEYS DRESSED AS PIRATES FIGHTING ON REPLICA YE OLDE SHIPS!

I need to go lay down for a while now.
  • We named the monkey "Jack"
  • I'm bumping this as a reminder to talk like a pirate tomorrow. Pasta be with you all, RAmen.
  • Does this mean tomorrows ep will be in pirate?

And if your new to TLPD I suggest this video.
  • Does this mean tomorrows ep will be in pirate?

And if your new to TLPD I suggest thisvideo.
    Hmm... I don't know...
    We celebrate this holiest of holidays with vigor. Rest assured, there will be a special.
    /Smartass
  • edited September 2006
    Does this mean tomorrows ep will be in pirate?

And if your new to TLPD I suggest thisvideo.
    Hmm... I don't know...We celebrate this holiest of holidays with vigor. Rest assured, there will be a special.
    /Smartass

Hey that was a week ago...I have a VERY short memory. And no, I do not re-read the thread everytime I look at it.

/Trying to cover his stupid ass
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Got damn was it hard to talk like a pirate while having an actual conversation about non-pirate events, and got damn does grog burn one's throat...
  • Thar she blows. The episode, that is.

Arr.
  • Does anyone else have a very sore post-Talk like a Pirate Day throat? We played Larrrd of the Rings Trivial Pursuit, with Arragorrn and Arrwen and Garrndalf.
  • Despite all of the public speaking and podcasting I do, I fairly easily lose my voice. That said, TLAPD didn't hurt me even a quarter as much as Otakon did, and that's including the grog.
  • Q: What is a pirate's favorite mecha show?

A: GaoGaiGARRRRRRRRRRRR
  • Sweet b'jezuz, guys. Gold points for effort, but I had to fast forward through the first eight minutes of the podcast, they were totally unlistenable for me.
  • What's a pirate's favorite instrument? A guitarrrr!
    Where does a pirate go to get drunk? A sandbarrrr!

/jokes courtesy of my littlest sister
  • Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

/You the man now dog!
  • Do what you want 'cause apirateis free, you are a pirate!

/You the man now dog!
    Come on if your going to do that, might as well show the real song.

/Slashidy Slashidy
    //Slash Slash
  • Alright, here comes my entirely unrelated mini-rant. The YTMND community is much cooler than the YouTube community. YouTube tends to have all sorts of people, and generally ends up avoiding any and all fads. YouTube is still a convenient site to view and share videos, but you get less geeky fads like NEDM or Safety is Not Guaranteed on YouTube.