This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

International Talk Like A Pirate Day

Comments

• I had a very tough day, and I happened to get a bottle of the Kraken yesterday. So, to relax tonight, I made a traditional pirate drink on a lark: bumbo!

This is by far one of the best drinks I've ever had. It's like Cinnamon Toast and Bananas Foster had a cocktail baby. You need this drink in your life. A nice spiced rum will strip all the flavor from the cinnamon and leave you with a nice boozy blast of cinnamon punch at the back of your throat with each sip. Argh ARRRRRRRGH, motherfuckers!
  • edited September 2010
    I have some rum. I shall try this tonight.

EDIT: Tried it using Bacardi Gold. Too much for my pallet.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Aye, it be this accursed day once more.
  • Show a leg or a stocking, ya lazy bilgerats!

Nom nom squeak squeak.
  • edited September 2011

Piratz Tavern in Silver Spring, Maryland. I'll be there drinkin' land lubbers! ARRRRR!

Post edited by Viga on
  • I be celbratin' by pillaging local valuables...

• edited September 2011
    Today in Berlin everyone is talking like a pirate. Why? Because yesterday's city vote gave the Pirate Party their first government seats in Germany with 8.5% of the vote. This is why I love living in Berlin!

It has lead to some great pictures in the news, and scenes like this on TV:

And the Greens will be the new coalition party with the SPD (center-left party), with "Wowi" our gay mayor. Berlin will probably remain a pretty cool place to live for some time.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • That is the best picture.
  • Great job luke including a picture not on imgur, and particularly one with an accesscode attache to it.

Whoohoo to the Pirate party though.
  • That is the best picture.
  • Luke are you allowed to vote there?

Also, why can't the US pirate party win anything? Maybe we should start pushing it.
  • I don't think the Pirate Party is as high-profile in the US as it is in Europe.
  • I don't think the Pirate Party is as high-profile in the US as it is in Europe.
    Let's all stop doing our other geeky projects, and work full-time on changing that shit. All geekeries will benefit from the windfall if we succeed. In any board game you gotta make your machine more efficient before you crank it.
  • I actually registered to vote this morning under the Pirate Party.
  • I actually registered to vote this morning under the Pirate Party.
    Next time I re-register, i will do the same.
  • edited September 2011
    Fuck that, I'm a Pragmatic Rationalist ^_~ /sarcasm

Rym.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'm registered to vote, but I was away for the vote, and I didn't feel like doing enough research in time to do a postal vote in advance.
  • There is a Canadian political party called The Lemon Party. Seeing as I always go to Wikiped when looking up something terrible and gawdawful like Goatse, 2 Girls 1 Cup, etc., Lemon Party confused me for a while.
  • Fuck that, I'm a Pragmatic Rationalist ^_~ /sarcasm
    >Rym.
    Oh, shit. Forgot about that.
  • If you google Pragmatic Rationalist, we're the 4th result.
  • Fuck that, I'm a Pragmatic Rationalist
    I describe my political position as that, or as a Skeptical Neo-technocrat, it's a toss up, really, depending on who I'm talking to.
  • Fuck that, I'm a Pragmatic Rationalist ^_~ /sarcasm
    >Rym.
    Oh, shit. Forgot about that.
    Damn!
  • You shit-talked so hard you forgot you shit-talked.

Oh shit son.
  • We be goin' to a "Talk Like a Pirate Party" with local atheist group.