This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

International Talk Like A Pirate Day

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Scott ye landlubber, don't be draggin' me amusement to Davey Jones locker or else I'll have ye walk the plank.

Churba me hearty, I planned to sing only one shanty per crew. Else I'd have to include the lot of Running Wild and Alestorm. Appreciated nonetheless.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Additional recommendations are welcome.
    Flogging Molly - Cruel mistress
    Flogging Molly - Saltydog- a great swashbuckling song
    Flogging Molly - Queen Anne's Revenge
    The Pirate movie - The Pirate King
    Muppet Treasure Island - Shiver Me Timbers
    Muppet Treasure island - Professional Pirate
    Sex Pistols - Frigging in the Rigging(With an unofficial muppets video clip - awesome.)
    Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew
    How could you miss this one?! The chorus includes the line "We're seven drunken pirates, we're the seven deadly sins!!"
  • edited September 2008

How could you miss this one?! The chorus includes the line "We're seven drunken pirates, we're the seven deadly sins!!"
    Because I saw it in Chaos's list when I skimmed it.
    Post edited by Churba on

• How could you miss this one?! The chorus includes the line "We're seven drunken pirates, we're the seven deadly sins!!"
    Because I saw it in Chaos's list when I skimmed it.
    ::foreheadsmack:: Didn't RTWFT.
    edited September 2008
    RTWFT
    ??? Intelligent guess: Read The Whole Fucking Thing. That correct? And this is the internet, Just :headdesk: conveys the message. Use :deskhead: in case of morios.
    Post edited by ... on
  • This is probably a rather strange question, but does anyone here know of some piratey trance/general rave music? Thanks!
  • This is probably a rather strange question, but does anyone here know of some piratey trance/general rave music? Thanks!
    No idea, perhaps you'll settle for a techno viking? (Youtube it. :D)
    Quick! Someone make a pirate techno song!
  • There's a techno remix of the theme song to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Does that count?
  • There's a techno remix of the theme song to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Does that count?
    I already found that, but that's more pseudo-pirate trance than anything else. I'm looking for pirate trance in the same way that Alestorm is pirate metal - trance songs with piratey elements. Thanks anyway!
  • edited September 2008
    I've got tons of recordings of traditional sea chanties if you guys want them later.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Also, the pirate song from lazytown - just use your audio tool of choice to cut out the annoying pop bits.
  • There is good news, I've caught Rym's cold via the intertron. So I'll sound gravely enough for friday.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2008
    Man what is it with Rym and these sicknesses? He exercises more than Scott does, and yet Scott never ever gets sick! It's mind boggling.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Why is everybody sick all of a sudden o_O. Weather change?
  • You know, if it helps the case, I'm sick too. This is kinda strange.
  • My nose started running about two hours ago. I hope I'm not getting sick too.
  • My nose is kinda Eh too, but that's just allergies.
  • I'm sick too, but I'm coming out of winter so thats my excuse.

3 hours until TLAP day!
  • edited September 2008
    I saw a naughty pirate movie. Guess what it was rated.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

(dumb joke from childhood.)
    Post edited by Viga on
  • What do you call a pirate who sets fire to his own ship?

An Arrrrrrrrrrrrsonist.
  • Oh wait a sec, its the 19th here!

Yaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2008
    Tyashki, arr you in east asia or perhaps in the arrrctic?
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Austraaaarlia!
  • Austraaaarlia!
    No. No, that doesn't work. There has to be multiple "R's" in a word along with pirate words like methinks, ye, scallywag(s), landlubber, and so on.
  • Yarrrr, it be the 19th some veres!
    *Sung to the tune of "It's 5 o'clock somewhere"*
    Cast off mateys!
    Cast off mateys!
    I thought we could only cast off when the clock strikes 12 tonight? Btw, I plan on doing this in school tomorrow but I don't wanna look like a gigantic weirdo. What do I do to get rid of the people thinking i'm a weirdo?
  • I thought we could only cast off when the clock strikes 12 tonight? Btw, I plan on doing this in school tomorrow but I don't wanna look like a gigantic weirdo. What do I do to get rid of the people thinking i'm a weirdo?
    How people perceive your piratey talk simply depends on how you carry yourself. If you are obviously nervous and shy about it, you'll be perceived as weird. If you are too forceful and corny, like Ned Flanders, you will also be weird. You just have to be confident, and cool about your piratey talk. Don't refuse to not talk like a pirate. Just do it a bit. Also, wear some piratey stuff like an eyepatch or a plastic hook from the party city. People won't make fun of you if you show your pride.
  • I'm gonna roam around campus tomorrow carrying a boombox playing nothing but pirate themed songs.