This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• Boo is still doing the best Overwatch explanation videos out there. This time: Genji.

• Thrown into a comp game where there are no players lower level than I am. People whining cause I'm playing Hanzo. Somebody said "he's not even a good Hanzo". Love this game.
  • Thrown into a comp game where there are no players lower level than I am. People whining cause I'm playing Hanzo. Somebody said "he's not even a good Hanzo". Love this game.

Fair warning: I generally assume all Hanzo players are bad until proven otherwise.

Fair warning: I generally assume all Hanzo players are bad until proven otherwise.
    Ayup.
  • I do alright. I just find people are quick to blame the Hanzo when losing, which is ironic when I've got gold eliminations and damage. Some games I do well, some I do poorly but I find a lot of people complain about me being Hanzo before the match has even begun. It get tiring.
  • Rochelle said:

Thrown into a comp game where there are no players lower level than I am. People whining cause I'm playing Hanzo. Somebody said "he's not even a good Hanzo". Love this game.

Ayup.
    yeah
  • edited July 2016

I do alright. I just find people are quick to blame the Hanzo when losing, which is ironic when I've got gold eliminations and damage. Some games I do well, some I do poorly but I find a lot of people complain about me being Hanzo before the match has even begun. It get tiring.

I think that's because most of the time you see a hanzo or widowmaker, they're sitting way at the back, in the same spot most of the time, just plinking away at people and not helping.

I've had matches lost, real yanking defeat from the jaws of victory type shit, because of things like a Hanzo running in to get kills, and after everyone was dead(all of defending and most of attacking, mostly without his intervention or assistance) Ran away from the objective we had to capture, while in overtime, to run up a nearby wall and camp out with bow drawn, to try and snipe the other team while they're coming back. And then bitched about how awful his team was, because we lost.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Yep. I've seen this too & watched as it happened in death spectator.
  • Snipers in KOTH make me sad. I know every hero is effective but some are more than others. Having a sniper in KOTH, you're already at a disadvantage when the other team knows what their doing.
  • Rochelle said:

Snipers in KOTH make me sad. I know every hero is effective but some are more than others. Having a sniper in KOTH, you're already at a disadvantage when the other team knows what their doing.

Yep. The sniper has to be highly proficient at reducing the opponent numbers or keeping them trickling, in order to truly be effective.
  • The best benchmark for snipers I've seen so far has been having the Widowmaker display a cute spray.
  • That's wonderful.
  • Calvin strikes as more likely to emulate Junkrat.
  • This tumblr provides good comics. http://markraas.tumblr.com/

http://markraas.tumblr.com/post/146917390669/requestidea-mercy-hiding-and-waiting-for
    I'm guilty of this, well I've tried before. I still need to rez 4 or more to get the achievement and spray.
  • I remember seeing the Mei face of evil comic a while ago. I've read all the Overwatch stuff and most have given me a good hard laugh.
  • edited July 2016
    Ever have one of those rounds where you get killed at every turn by random bullshit?

1) Start playing Genji (probably my weakest character, but trying to improve with him). I harass someone but doesn't look like I can kill the opponent. Flee up on the balcony of the cinema on King's Row, only to find a mech-less D.Va being followed by by two adversaries. They shoot past her and kill me while she escapes.

2) Basically the same thing again. I try to escape and run into two enemies fighting another guy who was horribly out of position. I get killed while the guy escapes.

3) After getting killed by their Zenyatta, I switch to Pharah. They already pushed the cart up halfway through the streets to the S curve. I position myself up on the ledge above the pub only to find a Winston and a Hanzo jump into my face. I narrowly escape with the concussion blast only to drop down next to a McCree who kills me because my team can't cover any of the flanks.

4) We make a hold before the entrance to the foundry. I even manage to pick up a couple of kills. I'm on the ledge looking down toward the foundry. I try to destroy a fleeing D.Va's mech. Our mercy jumps up to me, their Pharah flies around the corner and barrages us (though the Mercy escaped).

5) I kill some people but get low. I try to pick up the health pack on the far right of the Foundry entrance (viewed from the Defense) only to find that our Roadhog just lead two enemies down the flank who kill me.

6) Basically the same spot I jump out the side exit and barrage as a last ditch effort to hold the entrance. I get two people, then their Pharah shows up behind me and kills me. Why she was flanking when they were pushing for the point is beyond me.

7) I get killed by Hanzo's fucking ultimate dragon just as I leave spawn.

8) Enemy team is now pushing last now. They all spill out of the blue-hub room with the large health pack inside and the "tunnel" on top of it. I fly next to the exit and barrage just for a Reinhardt to round the corner, open his shield and a McCree kill me through it.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited July 2016
    The trick to playing Genji is press all the buttons.

More seriously flanking and being as mobile as possible is the key. He can fly through levels and he is fantastic at distracting a few members of the opposing team to get your crew in the point.

The one thing I keep forgetting is that if you finish an opponent off with the dash it auto recharges.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

The trick to playing Genji is press all the buttons.

You say this jokingly, but I literally forgot for a while that Genji's right click did anything.
  • MATATAT said:

The one thing I keep forgetting is that if you finish an opponent off with the dash it auto recharges.

It's not actually restricted to being with the dash - any elimination recharges your dash.
  • I did a thing!

• edited July 2016
    Edit: NVM, I shouldn't be so judgemental.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • That voice is, uh, your voice?
  • edited July 2016
    chaosof99 said:

[Genji sadness]

If you don't have directional audio (or whatever it's called) turned on, I'd go & do that. Friendly and enemy footsteps and ult cues sound different (enemies are also louder), and give you extra information about the enemy type, proximity, and direction.

Just don't put your headphones on backwards...
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • That was seriously good stuff, Vic. I look forward to the rest. I enjoy a good soundtrack and sounds of games as well.
  • chaosof99 said:

[Genji sadness]

If you don't have directional audio (or whatever it's called) turned on, I'd go & do that. Friendly and enemy footsteps and ult cues sound different (enemies are also louder), and give you extra information about the enemy type, proximity, and direction.

Just don't put your headphones on backwards...
    I seriously play almost entirely based on that. It's the one thing where ADHD is helpful.
  • edited July 2016
    Starfox said:

That voice is, uh, your voice?

At 115.10% speed, yes. In order to get the same sound that Dan gets for his voice in Extra Credits without the tell tale sound of pitch shifting, I recorded at 83.4kHz and intepreted the recording at 96kHz.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I got ranked. I'm 52.

We gotta do some 6-group competitive. I have a feel that we would rank up real quick.
  • I'm 49, trying to get that 50. I will support you.