This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• I would put Zenyatta as a counter for Roadhog and Winston. At least if we have trouble against tanks, or we defend in map where I we can expect multi-tank attack, I go Zen. Discord orb is so much fun, melting even the beefier heroes. Works with Reinhardt too, as long as someone helps to deal with the shield.
  • Competitive mode is out.
  • X post to Game of thrones thread

• Updates. Competitive match is available. They also got rid of "avoid this player". OMG Weekly Brawl Pharah/Mercy only. I'm so down for this.
  • Did my first ranking match for competitive play. Played as Symmetra for all three rounds, kicked ass, got a team kill POTG, voted to epic by 10/12 players, and several players actually bothered to say I was pretty good in the text chat.

Feelin fine. :smile:
  • edited June 2016
    Ok Pharah/Mercy Brawl is fucking hilarious and awesome. Just played attack on Volskya Industries, nothing but air brawling.

Edit: New video from Cynical Nerds about KOTH. So good.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited June 2016
    For the counters, there's also the oversumo app.

Also, I already had two data points loaded on overbuff... who's been spying on me?
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • edited June 2016

For the counters, there's also the oversumo app.

Also, I already had two data points loaded on overbuff... who's been spying on me?

Data points? I'm trying to find it, but can't.

I recently linked by Battlenet ID to Overbuff, you all should as well, so I don't have to search and just go to my Favorites on there.

Edit: I'm looking at my FB memories for today and 5 years ago we had a 7v7 FRC TF2 match. Ahh times have changed, but still manage to stay somewhat the same. :3

For competitive mode, I'm 3/7. I want to at least finish 50%. The last team I played with this morning actually changed things up and adjusted and listed to me when I played Lucio on Anubis. We won by the skin of our teeth. It seems rushing with 2 tanks (Winston with Reinhardt/Zarya), 2 support (Lucio, Mery), and 2 DPS (Reaper, 76, McCree, Junkrat, Pharah) is a good start to just rush in and take both objectives as fast as possible. Going to the left entrance to get the bridge will give great results. Will have to make note for next time with competitive play.
    Post edited by Rochelle on

• Game ruined :-p
  • I remember the big FRC TF2 match. I ended up sniping and killing literally everyone forever until I got bored with it and tried to Scout. =P
  • I remember that big match as well. I was out on paternity leave at the time, but what they don't tell you is that two-week-old children mostly sleep and lay around. I played more video games in that stretch than I had in a long, long time.
  • Matt said:

I remember that big match as well. I was out on paternity leave at the time, but what they don't tell you is that two-week-old children mostly sleep and lay around. I played more video games in that stretch than I had in a long, long time.

That is indeed the best time for video games, 23 hours of sleep ^_^
  • That video is pretty spot on with the voice acting. They should have changed it up for some of them. In regards to the lore, I find it pretty interesting and for some stupid reason I get some feels.

Watching the timeline video helps for those who want to know what happened:

I've also read the free comics. They are alright, just more of the world I want to immerse myself with. Definitely looking forward to more cinematics with other characters like Mei, Mercy, Zarya, and Lucio.
  • Got smoked in my first competitive match. We didn't even get to the first checkpoint on Route 66. I was pretty impressed with some of my percentile rankings on those sites you all posted (apparently I am not as good with Pharah as I thought, but my Torbjorn and 76 stats are way up there), but I feel like I'm not gonna be all that and a bag of chips in actual competitive mode.
  • I thought I was OK with Pharah. But if another Pharah is ACTUALLY GOOD, I can't pick them out of the air with a rocket at all... =(
  • As opposed to when you're playing against me. :P
  • Rym, let's do Brawl. I'll be your wingman/Mercy.
  • Rochelle said:

Rym, let's do Brawl. I'll be your wingman/Mercy.

We will murder.
  • edited June 2016
    Edit: Oh sorry, looking at the wrong user.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Rym said:

I remember the big FRC TF2 match. I ended up sniping and killing literally everyone forever until I got bored with it and tried to Scout. =P

I seem to recall I was pyro'ing your sniper self and generally having kill streaks against you. Attack only one... Attack only one...
  • Behold my awfulness and despair. Will sabotage the enemy team with my presence for cash.
  • Dromaro said:

Rym said:

I remember the big FRC TF2 match. I ended up sniping and killing literally everyone forever until I got bored with it and tried to Scout. =P

I seem to recall I was pyro'ing your sniper self and generally having kill streaks against you. Attack only one... Attack only one...
    I recall a pyro ending my fun...

• So I just had a great 4 gold medal match as Zarya. Opposing team said I was mean & scary in a good way. Haha.
  • So I just had a great 4 gold medal match as Zarya. Opposing team said I was mean & scary in a good way. Haha.

I'm not gonna lie. In the 6v6 games, I was a little terrified when I saw you comin' my way. You are mean and scary.
  • I feel like I don't see that many Zarya players, but she can be insanely good if used right. It kinda relies a bit on your team willing to push forward with you which is, ideally, how every tank should be but for some reason there is a lot of times where the team just sort of sits back and tries to pick people off before they move in.
  • Alternately, the team all goes for flanking paths and leaves you alone. Zarya also requires more cautious play than the other tanks -- she doesn't have a good escape skill and is kinda squishy once her barriers are used, but if you're good at falling back and dropping a barrier on teammates who get focus-fired, you build nice charge and then suddenly become BIG FUZZY SIBERIAN KILLING MACHINE.