This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• Hi, I'm Ashley.
    I'm only fifteen, but I'm still a geek, mostly. I like the Pokemans and the DS and its games in general.
    I'd also like to point out that I'm not a chatspeak or 1337 kind of person. I like to be literate and type out words fully and completely, as they should be. (idk, my bff jill? Cingular commercial kind of ticked me off)
    Anyways... I usually listen to GeekNights every evening when it's posted, and I like hoarding podcasts on my iPod.

Not too much about me... I'm kind of a boring person.
  • I'm kind of a boring person.

Lies!

Lies!

No hitting on jail bait.
    Lies!
    No hitting on jail bait.

What?

Lies!

No hitting on jail bait.
    What?
    He's saying you're being a p33do. XD
  • Hi. I'm 18, and my name is Michael, but I'd rather be called Onua by my fellow geeks. I'm a rocker above anything else, so my favorite game is Rock Band, my favorite manga is Beck, and my favorite American comic is KISS: Psycho Circus. I enjoy playing the guitar, even though I kind of suck at it.

Anything else?
  • Hello fellow GeekNights fans.

This is Kumar from Hong Kong (that place right below China ... left of Taiwan - just look it up on Wykeepedia). I am Indian and was born in India, but moved here when I was four. I'm currently in my fourth year of secondary school (that's high school for you Americans). I have barely any interest in video games or anime, but consider myself geekish enough to catch every Monday and Thursday show.

Favourite movies: The Godfather, Seven Samurai, The Godfather Part II, Rear Window, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - I've made a list, actually.
    Favourite books: Harry Potter (so sue me), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (anything by Douglas Adams actually), 1984, The Farseer Trilogy, His Dark Materials, and thousands more.

That's it I suppose. I'm a pretty boring person.
  • just look it up on Wykeepedia)
    If you think I'll use your Wikipedia clone! Forget it. *Wiki's*
    Favourite books: Harry Potter (so sue me),
    *starts sueing*
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (anything by Douglas Adams actually)
    *stops sueing* Welcome to the forums. You too Onua.

Also, a new trend? Claiming to be a boring person? Hmmm...
  • I'm Jonathan, 21 and i live in Leeds (UK). Just finished a degree in Military history and i will apologise now for poor grammar as English was never my strongest subject.
    I have just started listening to your gaming podcast and will possibly get around to listening to your others at a later date.
    Apart from gaming and history, my main interests are rugby league, films (favorite been Dawn of the Dead) and almost anything zombie related, aslong as the zombies aren't running.
  • aslong as the zombies aren't running.
    BooooO! Nothing beats headshotgunning a zombie running at you right before it gets you. Of course this doesn't work when there are more running zombies. Welcome to the forum.
  • My name is Reimu Hakurei, I am sixteen, and I live in Gensokyo. I've been formally trained as a shrine maiden. I am charged with maintaining the ancient Hakurei border that isolates Gensokyo from the outside world and exterminating youkai (although they seem to be always hanging around the shrine lately.) I enjoy sitting under the kotatsu as well as leisurely drinking tea. Sadly, I'm rather rather poor as barely anyone donates to the shrine.

I am not an undead zombie, so shut the hell up!
  • Hi Reimu! Welcome to the forum.

What's a youkai? And a kotatsu? ._. *ignorant* And what's so bad about being and undead zombie :( Zambah brahran! Barhah bargahn!
  • edited November 2007
    And what's so bad about being and undead zombie :( Zambah brahran! Barhah bargahn!
    Marisa keeps bothering me about it (not that I am, because I'm not.)
    Post edited by Reimu on
  • (not that I am, because I'm not.)
    You're going to get your brains eaten, you know.
  • Hi, I'm Cody Skillen, I'm goint to turn 18 in January. I spend most of my time in school, working or doing martial arts. I used to go to goju ryu karate almost everyday for two years straight, then after i got my bluebelt and I realised it was a whole lot of BS that would never work in real life unless i just got lucky. I still go occasionally because I'm pretty good friends with my sensei. But now i am training in Systema, a rather unique Russian martial art that was used by the KGB and is still used by the Spetnaz.

Outside of martial arts i draw, write sci-fi stories, watch anime, read manga, listen to geeknights, read books in general, and play tons of video games for amusement.
  • edited December 2007
    Hello, I'm Ryan Truitt, 18 year old geek currently enrolled at SUNY Oswego, which I am told is the land of endless waters. These waters usually come in the form of snow. I've been a listener of all episodes for a long while now (Not even going to try to remember which show I popped in on, it was at least a few months in the past), but I've finally been roused to join the forums due to promise of harmonica debauchery. I've got a bit of a musical background, playing alto and tenor saxophone since the sixth grade in concert bands, marching bands, and one fancy wind ensemble. My geek background is primarily gaming (both electronic and table-top), although in recent years has grown to include a fixation on Japanese culture. I'm hesitant to call myself an Otaku, what with the implied message that I grope women on subways and will die alone and unloved. I'm a bit of a science fiction fan, in both books and movies, but neither very seriously.

Some of my favorite video games include Fallout, Super Metroid, Action Quake 2, Worms Armageddon, and Garry's Mod. Most of my tabletop experience is in Brikwars, the greatest tactical war game using Legos ever created by college students, and in very poorly run Dungeons and Dragons campaigns, although I'm working on changing that. As far as anime and manga go, there are far more series that I want to take in than I have actually seen. Mostly the "classics," whatever that really means.

Alright, there it is. Looking forward to working myself into this nest of geekery.
    Post edited by Airpi on
  • Hello, I'm Ricardo Ruiz, 29 out of Santa Ana, CA.
  • My name is Jessica Tooma, 27 in NJ. I found Scott and Rym at NYAF this last weekend although I am sure that I may have seen them in passing at a game or anime convention before.
    Blood type: A positive
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Class: Cleric
    favorite color: Mountain
    favorite anime series: Revolutionary Girl Utena, Slayers (from CPM), Record of Lodoss War.
    favorite television shows: Heroes, Stargate Atlantis, Doctor Who.
    favorite D&D setting: Forgotten Realms
    favorite video games: any fighting game
    favorite music genres: classic rock, j-pop, j-rock, instrumental tracks

Later.
  • Hello Katriel! Hmmm, your papers seem to be insane enough, so...

WELCOME TO THE BOARD! :D

And now we resume this broadcast with chips.
  • My name is Jessica Tooma, 27 in NJ. I found Scott and Rym at NYAF this last weekend although I am sure that I may have seen them in passing at a game or anime convention before.
    Blood type: A positive
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Class: Cleric
    favorite color: Mountain
    favorite anime series: Revolutionary Girl Utena, Slayers (from CPM), Record of Lodoss War.
    favorite television shows: Heroes, Stargate Atlantis, Doctor Who.
    favorite D&D; setting: Forgotten Realms
    favorite video games: any fighting game
    favorite music genres: classic rock, j-pop, j-rock, instrumental tracks

Later.
    <3

You had me at Chaotic Neutral
  • edited December 2007
    Ok, so I met Rym and Scott at NYAF, and I got into listening to them through my friend Kat(Katsoup), and found that listening to this podcast 4 times a week is keeping my brain from turning into a stagnant pile of mush here at College.

I'm Stephen Dunham, I'm 22 and currently in my Junior year of attendance at SUNY Purchase for Environmental Studies. At my college I am the former VP of our Anime Club, and I still continue to be a large part of not only the Anime Club, but the Comic Book Liberation Army (CBLA). Currently I'm working in conjunction with a bunch of lovely people to pull together a collaborative achievement known as Poorchoice, which is a published magazine that includes artwork and comics of the students or alumni here at SUNY Purchase.

I grew up on an island (Martha's Vineyard, MA) and the only things I could do on an Island during the off-seasons are table-top gaming(mainly D&D and Whitewolf), video games, martial arts, collect new and interesting music, take apart computers (other peoples, my own, the school's...), watch anime and cause trouble. Probably the most helpful thing I do at home is volunteer in the Art department of my former High School helping kids to develop their skills. Other than that I'm a generalist, I just hang out at home and read books like American Gods, Shogun, Dune and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, to name a few. Or I build furniture... Yes, furniture. I cook some excellent food. And you may wonder what I do for work, well, I not only install and maintain irrigation systems, but I also do construction and masonry work as well (The pay is amazing, but the hours and labor involved kinda suck.) I kinda just like learning new things, it keeps the atmosphere of my life kinda refreshing.

But that is as close to me condensing myself into a nutshell as I can possibly manage... Any further questions can be asked at anytime. Thanks ^_^
    Post edited by Hyuga no Butsu on
  • Martha's Vineyard
    Is that the name of a town. Oh waow. Welcome to the forums H... Stephen. (I'm not going to write out that name). Really awesome introduction. Possibly a really awesome person? *tries to steal self-describing talent*
  • Martha's Vineyard is the Island, I live in one of the 7 towns on it, called Tisbury.. >_<; Its a little rediculous.
  • (>_<)C-(^_^Q)

Hyuga no Butsu has been sucka punched by Katsoup.
  • OK, I'm in my Mid 30's. Live in Baltimore, MD.
    I must have spent thousands of dollars when Donkey Kong, Super Mario came out in the arcade(80's), before Super Nintendo came out. Now I'm and FPS, Tactical RPG player. My Fav games include: Tactics Ogre, Gladius, Portal, and Halo 3 (Multiplayer).
    Never been to Katsucon, but will be going this year.
  • I usually don't write on introduction threads but I figured what the hell.

My name is Hillary Sanchez, I'm 21 years old, and I'm from Hawaii. I currently live in Washington and am attending BCC for a Gaming Degree. My race is Spanish, Portuguese, Jewish, and an 8th Russian.

I love drawing, writing fanfictions, Reading Manga, painting, swimming, playing video games, watching Anime, making website, learning martial arts, and Bon Dancing.

Last but not least, I think the kind of anime and game characters a person likes says a lot about who they are. So, here is my ever growing list of anime, manga, and game characters that I like. I would also like to point out that even though I will generally hate or dislike a certain anime, manga, or game I will sometimes like certen characters from that anime. So to the list...

My favorite Anime/Manga

Akira (both manga and anime)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Original Dragon Ball
    Gundam Wing
    Ranma 1/2
    Naruto (manga only)
    Air Geir (manga only)
    G Gundam
    Tenjho Tenge (manga only)
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    Peach Girl (manga only)

My favorite Games

Grandia 1 and 2
    Tails of Sinphonea
    Secret of Mana
    Final Fantasy 7
    Kingdome Hearts 1 and 2

My favorite Characters From Anime, Manga, and Games

Gundam Wing: Relena, Heero, Duo, Cathrin, and Lady Une
    Ranma 1/2: Ranma (Girl and Boy), Shampoo, Ukyo, Shinnosuke, and Akari
    Drath Note: L and Near (manga only)
    Naruto: Naruto, Garra, and Hinata
    Neon Genesis Evangelion: Auska and Misato
    Tenjho Tenge: Maya, Nagi Souichirou, and Takayanagi Masataka
    Cardcaptor Sakura: Sakura and Sayron
    Shaman King: Tamao, Yoh, and Jun
    Grandia 1: Everyone
    Grandia 2: Ryudo, and Millenea
    Tails of Sinphonea: Loyed, Presea, Genis, Kratos and Sheena
    Kingdome Hearts 1 and 2: Roxas, Namine, Tifa, Sora, Kairi, and Aron
    Princess Mononoke: Everyone (every character was just amazingly put together)
    Escaflowne: Van
    Spirited Away: Haku, Chihiro, Lin, those little fuzzy black things
    Final Fantasy 7: Tifa, Cloud, Zack, Red 13, and Vincent
    Peach Girl: Momo and Killy
    G-Gundam: Domon, Rain,
    Cowboy Bebop: Spike, Ed, Ein, Faye, and Julia (She has nice hair I don't care if Julia is a slut)
    Tenchi Muyo: Ayeka, Sasami, and Tunami
    DNAngle: Diski and Riku
    G-Gundam: Domon and Rain
    Chobits: Kotoko, Yuzuki, and Chi
    Rayearth: Hikaru, Fero, Umi, and Lantis (manga only)
    Street Fighter: Chun Li and Elena
    Angelic Layer: Hikaru, Kotarou and Misaki
    Sorcerer Hunters: Tira
    Rurouni Kenshin: Tomoe, Kenshin, and Misao
    Dragon Ball Z: Pan, Bra, and Future Trunks
    Sailor Moon: Rini/Chibi Usa, Leta/Sailor Jupter, Sailor Galaxea, and Luna
    Love Hina: Motoko
    Ayashi no Ceres: Chidori and Yhuii
    Inuyasha: Songo, Kagura, Kohaku, and Rin
    Fushigi Yuugi: Tuski

Characters I HATE From Anime, Manga, and Games

Air gear: The pink haired sluty girl
    Neon Genesis Evangelion: Asuka (yes.. I actually like and hate her at the same time and I don't know why)
    Ranma 1/2: Akane (I hate with a passion)
    Final Fantasy 7: Aeris/Aerith (I hate with a passion)
    Kingdome Hearts 1 and 2: (Again) Aeris/Aerith (I STILL hate with a passion)
    Fushigi Yuugi: Miaka (I hate with a passion)
    Sailor Moon: Serena/Uisagi (I hate with a passion)
    Ayashi no Ceres: Ayi and Toya (I hate with a passion)
    Love Hina: Naru (She's an Akane wana-be)
    Naruto: Sakura (Very Annoying) and sometimes Sauske (Too much emo)
    Inuyasha: Kagome, Kikyo and Naraku (Very Annoying)
    Escaflowne: Hitomi (She looks like a man)
    Tenchi Muyo: Ryoko (She also looks like a man and is annoying)
    Grandia ll: Elena (To much Marry Sue)
    DNAngle: Risa (To much Marry Sue)
  • for a Gaming Degree.
    A degree... in gaming!? O.o Does that mean y ou can call yourself a "professional gamer" once you got said degree?

Welcome to the board Relena.
  • for a Gaming Degree.
    A degree... in gaming!? O.o Does that mean y ou can call yourself a "professional gamer" once you got said degree?
    It's probably a degree in game programing or game design.
  • My name is Freddy, I go by the alias 'Norvu' on the majority of games and websites I visit. I'm a level 21 (21 years old) human male who enjoys gaming, animation, manga/comics, science fiction, a few television shows and movies.

I spend a lot of time playing PC games, right now I mostly seem to spend time on Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike: Source, Civilization 4 (+ expansions) and Armed Assault. I do a lot of forum roleplaying that generally tends to be based upon anime shows (mostly Naruto), but also have my own forum based roleplay called ZiCE (Zombie infection Control and Eradication), which a lot of people are exited about, since it has no rules or limits, you just roleplay as yourself (your real-life self) fighting against various kinds of mutant zombies (28 days later style), which I have created. I'll probably make a forum post about this later.

Sorry, I tend to go on tangents.

I live in England, a small town called Mitcham, which none of you will have ever heard of. It's near Wimbledon (20 minute car ride), which many of you will have heard of. I plan on going back to school soon, either here or in the states (where my girlfriend resides, and yes, I've met her in real life numerous times) and try and get myself into some sort of career instead of jumping from job to job, constantly, earning shite money.

This post quickly turned into a POS. Anyway, glad to be here, it's hard to find forums that are relevant to my interests without having hordes of mouth breathers.