This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Heroes

Comments

• Perhaps the Kensai is the real patient zero? Hiro could be a descendant of the Kensai (among others) which might explain why the secret group uses the Kensai's symbol.
  • That doesn't really make sense. If powers were passed down genetically, that means that stalker boy is related to the Petrelli's as well.
    Not necessarily.
    He might just have the same power as Nathan.
  • edited October 2007
    That doesn't really make sense. If powers were passed down genetically, that means that stalker boy is related to the Petrelli's as well.That is exceedingly creepy as I think he's supposed to become Claire's boyfriend.

1. Tallas and I were talking about this, and we're pretty sure he had money squirreled away somewhere. You work the kind of job Noah Bennent did, and you don't have dirt on a hundred different people, you're doing it wrong.

2. I'm not sure, but I think they aren't trying to set up genetic links (though given the nature of genetics, it would make sense), but have decided that there's a relatively small pool of abilities for people to express. I mean, there are only so many hair colors, right?

Perhaps the Kensai is the real patient zero? Hiro could be a descendant of the Kensai (among others) which might explain why the secret group uses the Kensai's symbol.That might be the case.
    Post edited by Pilitus on
  • 1. Tallas and I were talking about this, and we're pretty sure he had money squirreled away somewhere. You work the kind of job Noah Bennent did, and you don't have dirt on a hundred different people, you're doing it wrong.
    I think the main complaint is that, at the moment, he is working at a copy store (like Kinko's) and still has a huge-ass house.  Nobody's doubting that he has a whole pile of money somewhere.
  • 1. Tallas and I were talking about this, and we're pretty sure he had money squirreled away somewhere. You work the kind of job Noah Bennent did, and you don't have dirt on a hundred different people, you're doing it wrong.
    I thought of that too, and I was waiting for someone to say it. Sure, he probably hs some money hidden away. However, now he's trying to hide. It would make more sense to have a small house in a crappy neighborhood if you're trying to hide. Or, if you absolutely have to have your huge house, then maybe you shouldn't have any job at all. That would be more believable to your neighbors than seeing you come home every day after work wearing your copy shop uniform.

Finally, even if you have money hidden away, why do you want to blow it all on a huge house in such a nice neighborhood? Do you have any idea what that must cost in CA? I'll bet that house is worth $2M at least. Why do you want to blow that much moneys from your hidden stash when you only need room for three people?

I'm sorry if this sounds like a minor point - but to someone who's been looking to buy a house recently, it's kind of hard to ignore.
  • Now perhaps I'm not nerdy enough but it's a character driven show...who the fuck cares about the house? Besides, it didn't look all that super humongous to me. Of course I'm also not from Tokyo, though you'd think so from the size of my house in comparison to the amount of shit I have crammed into it. 550 sqft a large house does not make.
  • Besides, it didn't look all that super humongous to me.
    Are you kidding? It's HUGE! And it's in a REALLY posh neighborhood.

I'll admit, it's minor, but it's one of the things I notice.
  • I've notice something else that's been bothering me, and I'm sure no one else has noticed it. The Spanish. Now it is awesome that people in different countries speak their own language and not everyone magically knows English, but some of the words in Spanish sound "forced".  Like they took the English worlds and just went to some automatic translator.
  • Yo no se, porque yo soy tonto
  • edited October 2007
    ...but some of the words in Spanish sound "forced". Like they took the English worlds and just went to some automatic translator.
    I thought the same thing. I've been taking Spanish for 5 years, and the first thing that seemed odd about it was how literally it matched the subtitles. It's pretty much translated word for word, and real Spanish would not incorporate so many English expressions. I don't speak Japanese, but I'm pretty sure Hiro's Japanese is not nearly as literal as the Spanish.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The big house thing bugs me too. I'm sure they have plenty of money hidden away but living in a house like that with a job like he has is a dead give away that something is up.
  • I think I'm the only one who didn't think about the house thing.
  • I think I'm the only one who didn't think about the house thing.It didn't really bug me too much either.
  • I don't speak Japanese, but I'm pretty sure Hiro's Japanese is not nearly as literal as the Spanish.
    I heard that Masi Oka does much if not all of the translation, and that he actually changes it to make it actually sound like real modern Japanese. Apparently the whole "YA-TA!" thing was all him. Right out of Japanese pop culture.
  • I heard that Masi Oka does much if not all of the translation, and that he actually changes it to make it actually sound like real modern Japanese. Apparently the whole "YA-TA!" thing was all him. Right out of Japanese pop culture.

Gotta love classic internet.
  • Wow...that was the very first video I saw online.
  • So...did anyone see the new Heroes?!

Everything has been explained to us, but unfortunately, the WGA has left us with 3 episodes left.
  • Heroes is finally good again...
  • These past two episodes were very good, though I don't know how they're going to rush the next 3 episodes.
  • It isn't on for another half an hour for me. Nice to hear that it's going to be good again, though.
  • You'll enjoy this episode, I'm sure.
  • Ok, everything was explained, EXCEPT why hasn't Kenzo/Adam aged? There has been nothing about the regenerative power that says that they can't age.
  • Actually, there is, if you extrapolate some expectations about the power from what we know about human growth and aging. His system never starts dying on him, and he probably doesn't have the normal life-limit of telomeres, so why exactly is he going to get old?
  • edited November 2007
    Ok, everything was explained, EXCEPT why hasn't Kenzo/Adam aged? There has been nothing about the regenerative power that says that they can't age.
    Well, his power is incredibly potent. It healed Mr. Petrelli faster than fast actin' Tinactin.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I recorded last night's show. I was so busy playing Contra 4 that I forgot it was on. That and I was off yesterday so it felt like Sunday not Monday to me.
  • I'm kind of starting to like the Kenzo/Adam character. =l Then again I always like the evil people in shows.

And what is up with that lightning girl? I swear she is on crack or something...
  • I really hate the lightning girl. Seriously, I hate her character.

I think this episode was greatness and tied up a few loose strings. Now that that's done it's all concentrated greatness. Too bad it's only 3 episodes left.

I want to see Adam/Ken run into Hiro in this time. Heh.
  • Adam/Ken and Hero showdown! Fatality.
  • Finally answers! I agree with most people, the lightning girl is whacked out. I can't wait to see her receive her comeuppance. Even though the Niki Sanders/DL story line was weak, it was sad to see DL go out like that.

Next week's episode looks crazy. Perhaps some of Isaac's paintings are coming to fruition.

Also, the Heroes graphic novel came out last week. I'm really digging that Alex Ross art of the Heroes. If that was a full size poster, teh buying.
  • edited November 2007
    Graphic Novel as in buy it at the comic store? One shot or series? Reprinting of the web stuff or new material?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on