This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Heroes

Comments

• I'm using spoiler text because I'm not sure what the statute of limitations is here:
    (Do we actually know that it was Claire's blood used at the end? Judging by the reactions of the three in the van at the end, it might also have been Adam's.
    And, yeah, I'm also getting annoyed at them not leaving dead the ones who had satisfyingly dramatic deaths.
    )
  • In response to SoylentGreen (I'm sure it was Claire's blood. I mean, if it was Adam's blood, why would they even need Claire's blood in the first place? They were looking for a cure to the Ashanti virus, and I would believe that Adam's blood would also be a cure.)
  • In response to islandergirlro (I was thinking more along the lines of it not having been those three that revived him at all.)
  • In response to Soylent (Possibly I guess. However, I believe it them (the 3 people), that took HRG's body and revived it with Claire's blood. I don't think they would have left the body behind. If anything took the body so it won't be exposed for someone else to find. I will need to rewatch the episode because I was doing something else while watching the episode. However, a friend pointed out that it could be possible that the death of HRG was all set up in the first place between him and Mohinder. If you recall, Mohinder was in the car for a moment telling HRG that it was a set up. Something to consider. I honestly don't know, but I'm sure the next episode will probably give us an answer.)
  • In response to SoylentGreenIsPurple and islandergirlro (Parenthesis to indicate spoiler start and end. Awesome idea, thanks.)
  • I've seen some posted scenes from the finale next week. Some real stuff goes down. I even think I can predict who will bite the dust (Niki, Adam (come on, they've blatantly hinted his head will get blaster off), Maya and/or Elle. Elle, I'm not really sure, since the character has potential. Maya serves no purpose except as the vehicle for Sylar to get to NYC. Niki...How's Niki going to get the cure if Mohinder's busy with Sylar?)
  • ...Well I have just finished watching the finale. My thoughts are in a tornado of sorts. I liked the finale...I just hate the way things went.

Spoilers: (Micah is an orphan! Nathan's dead! They didn't explain how Hiro did that to Adam! Maya should of died! She's a useless character now! No real epic battles! Fuck fuck fuck! )

The things I liked were awesome like the montage used in the end of flashbacks.

Spoilers: (Thundergirl seems to be turning a new leaf a little. But she is still a daddy's girl bitch. Molly came in useful again. Peter and Nathan reunited....briefly. They stopped the virus too. Now what will the future hold )

Question. Anyone tired of Sylar as a villian?
  • @Viga: (My guess is that due to the strike shortening the season, they had to kill all the characters that weren't returning next season in one episode. It made for a pretty shoddy story, but I guess we can't blame the(se) writers for the strike. Oh, and I think recent events in the show have proven that you can't assume any character is dead unless Sylar gets to them first, hehehe.)

And yes, Sylar is getting tiring. In fact, the whole show is becoming tiring for me. So many cliches, so many poorly written episodes. At least it's good for one thing: it makes me appreciate Lost a whole lot more.
  • My thoughts:(I'm happy Maya lived. At first I was sad when Alejandro died, even though his character really wasn't needed anymore, since Maya can control her ability for most part. Just because she doesn't have an epic battle, doesn't mean she's useless. I look forward to seeing how her character develops and happy she got away from Sylar, for now.

Sylar will always be a villain in my eyes. He is evil and wants all powers. Kinda hard to change that, imo. Also, how can they bring in another villain so soon? I like loathing Sylar's character and look forward to his demise.

I'm sad to see Nicki & Nathan die. I think they could bring Nathan back because of Claire's blood, however it seems unlikely.

Overall, the story seems rushed. I really wanted to know what Hiro did to Adam to trap him in the coffin. It was pretty dark seeing Hiro like that.
    )
  • @Islandergirlro (I actually loved seeing that side of Hiro. But that's just my fangirlism talking. ^_^)
  • And yes, Sylar is getting tiring. In fact, the whole show is becoming tiring for me. So many cliches, so many poorly written episodes. At least it's good for one thing: it makes me appreciate Lost a whole lot more.
    Oh please. At least they are progressing the story. I dropped Lost at the beginning of the third season when I realized they haven't actually answered any questions.

I must be the only person who enjoyed the finale and feel that they took a slow start at the beginning and brought it to a satisfactory ending. Stupid flying boy needs to die though.
  • @WiP (I did enjoy the finale, just like always, I want more. ^_~ Unfortunately for now, flying boy will stay alive. He's still new, Claire's love, & they killed off the other flying boy. =/)
  • (I'm uneasy about Hiro's solution, not because it's horrible, but because I don't think it's final. If Adam's alive, there's a possibility that he will either somehow escape or that someone will find out where he is and aid him in an escape.

I know Adam's healing power is very potent, but I seriously doubt that he could survive a displacement of a major portion of his body mass. I think that's what should have been done with him.
    )
  • I have two big problems with the show right now.

1) Claire's blood: So, her blood can heal any wound right? It has been alluded to over the last few episodes that the only way to kill a regen is by taking off their head or putting a bullet in their brain. If that is true why does Claire's blood retain healing properties AFTER it has been removed from her body?

I still think the only way to kill a regen is by stabbing them in the brain and leaving the weapon in the brain forever!!! They are like vampires, once you remove the stake they regenerate.

2) When you-know-who escaped at the end why did no one turn to Molly ands say, "hey Molly, use your 'I can find anyone' power and tell us where he went!!!"

Minor problems:

1) If Peter can phase why did he have to open that door?

2) Why did no one notice the shooter at the end?

3) Why are there so many obvious failed opportunities in the show where a character has the power to overcome an obstacle yet it is ignored?
  • From a writing perspective, both Peter and Hiro present problems because they are too powerful. Peter is essentially Superman plus many more characters combined.
    Additonally, get him near anyone and he gets even more powerful. You just can't write a compelling story around that. His biggest weakness is that he is dumb as a rock. Sylar is one of the only characters who can go toe to toe with him and even he's at a disadvantage b/c Peter has all his powers plus others. The Hatian is another who can neutralize Peter and they have already used that.

Depowering and killing off Ali Larter was disappointing.
  • Question. Anyone tired of Sylar as a villian?
    Are you serious, Sylar it THE bad guy, the nemesis. That brief moment when he shoot and killed Maya, I cheered and laughed, not because I hate Maya, but because there is one "villain" with balls out there.
  • (can't they use peters blood to revive his brother?)
  • edited December 2007
    O_O! Yeah...good question!

I don't think it's true but we can't rule it out either.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Oh please. At least they are progressing the story. I dropped Lost at the beginning of the third season when I realized they haven't actually answered any questions.
    I call bulls(slap)hit on the idea that the Heroes storyline is progressing. What, of any substance, actually happened this season? A few characters died in the final episode. Boo hoo. Were there any real advancements in the story? Not really. Major things happen to the individual characters, but what is happening to the outside world? It is sadly becoming more and more like a soap opera.

Lost, on the other hand, is advancing, and questions are being answered. A lot happened in season 3, mostly because the producers finally realized that the Wendys of the world (to use a Movies You Should See-ism) were departing for the lack of answers. So, for one, we now know who the Others are (mostly) and what they did. And if you doubt that the show is progressing, just read a synopsis of the final episode of season 3. There's a metric arseload of advancement for you, just in that episode.

Anyway, here are my predictions for season 3 of Heroes:

A Meteor threatens to destroy Odessa. At first, it seems to be a plot by Mr Muggles to Discredit Major League Baseball, but in the end it turns out that it was, in fact, That emo kid from season 1, you know the one, Claire's friend who wanted to use the publicity in order to launch a musical career. Some other crap happens. Someone dies, someone is back from the dead, and everyone learns a valuable lesson.
  • The thing with Lost is that every time they answer a question they leave two more in the answer.

I enjoy Lost and look forward to its return. I do not look forward to the descision to make the final two seasons into three by keeping the same number of eps but splitting them over three (rather than two) seasons.

• Anyway, here are my predictions for season 3 of Heroes:
    AMeteorthreatens todestroyOdessa. At first, it seems to be a plot byMr MugglestoDiscredit Major League Baseball, but in the end it turns out that it was, in fact,That emo kid from season 1, you know the one, Claire's friendwhowanted to use the publicity in order to launch a musical career. Some other crap happens. Someone dies, someone is back from the dead, and everyone learns a valuable lesson.
    Best. (Heroes Thread) Post. Evar.
  • Well, the second episode of Heros surly didn't give me that oh-fuck-I-need-to-see-the-next-episode-right-now feeling.

I definitely don't think that anything progressed in the second season, just some more characters and saving the world, which never felt like a danger (the second season didn't show me the topic of the season for a long time, so it just went on and on with nothing happening). Hopefully the third season will start like the first, showing me a world where ordinary people can do extraordinary things (and in the beginning you weren't even sure if Peter actually could fly or if it just was his imagination) and confronts me with the possible killing of thousands of people and you have no idea why or how that happens and what the characters are going to do against it.

I hope this season was just a manifestation of the dissatisfaction of the writers with their working conditions when they wrote the script.
  • I think that's exactly the problem with season 2: there was nothing at stake. Peter, Claire and Sylar are nigh-invincible, and Claire's blood now has the ability to heal anyone. This means the writers can now "kill" characters with little to no consequences. The tension has completely evaporated.

The first half of the first season was amazing, among the best television I've ever seen. Towards the end of the season it fell apart. And I think you all know my thoughts on the mini-season. Really disappointing. Oh well, at least the new season of The Wire starts in a month. You should all watch that, it is a brilliant show.
  • I'm so glad Nikki's gone. She was my least favorite character.
  • I'm so glad Nikki's gone. She was my least favorite character.
    Nathan however was my fav!
  • I think Nikki's story and role in the show was slipping a lot. Plus (in retrospect that Gina thing was a pretty lame way to kill DL.) Although I hate( her death, if she lived what could she do? No power.)

Nathan....I was just really getting into him. Sigh.
  • edited December 2007
    I somehow expected more from Adam. I really liked his character but they didn't really do something with him (he's more than fourhundred years old and all he tried was to release a virus? Also what about his visions all the characters talk about?)

Well my hopes are up for the 3rd season. Guess I wont see more of my favourite shows I grew to love so much in the last half year. Hopefully the writes get what they deserve for their work and make a lonely austrian happy again each week ^^.
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • I think time's up on the whole 'no spoilers' thing, so I'm just going to jump right into it. A friend posed some questions regarding Adam/Kinsei in the coffin: What if he has to poop? Would his coffin continually fill up with poo? Or would that be breaking some laws of physics, what with matter being created and all? Does he have to eat? Hell, even if he just farts it's going to smell bad and never go away.
  • Well, if he farts enough and it's air tight, he will eventually be poisoned by all the methane.
  • And now we know how he'll reappear in a later show: We know he managed to survive at least one big explosion, so he'll light his own fart gas and blow himself clear of the grave. And maybe that's what happened to Nikki, too, she just had to let one go in the middle of an inferno. KABOOM!