This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Heroes

1234568»

Comments

• We watched the first episode of the new Dr. Who. It wasn't painful, but it wasn't exciting either. It was a completely average run of the mill TV show. I don't know why people lose their shit over it. There are plenty of other things, new and old, to entertain myself with that are worthy of shit-losing. You people are just increasing my disdain for television even more. If your absolute favorite shows are average at best, you're not going to score any points with me.
  • If your absolute favorite shows are average at best, you're not going to score any points with me.
    Man, I really need more of those Scott points.
  • Man, I really need more of those Scott points.
    Yes, or else you won't be able to get awesome things like Scott Pilgrim, Scott e-vests, or Scott toilet paper.
  • If your absolute favorite shows are average at best, you're not going to score any points with me.
    Man, I really need more of those Scott points.
    Oh Snap!
  • edited September 2008
    Try the latest Doctor David Tannet: he is a great actor. The other Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, did not really grasp the role of the Doctor. From season two on, it's a great show.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited September 2008
    I say only watch the season finale episodes of 1st season and then on. The 9th Doctor wasn't that great. 10th Doctor is perfect for the role and the show picks up from then on.
    Post edited by Viga on
    edited September 2008
    Scott toilet paper.
    Now the question is, what would I be wiping my arse with then? Worded differently, why would it be 'Scott' toilet paper. ~.n Either way, I'd like to find out how of these Scott points I have, and if I can get a Geeknights T-shirt with them. :D

@Rym, I'm not liking what I read in these spoilers either. I thoroughly enjoyed the first season though. Sylar is awesome. (at least in the first season)
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited September 2008
    I think the tenth docter implants a lot better performance plus he is one of my favorite actors and I am going to say this a lot on this forum and I most likely never going to get off probation but I do try my best to spell and grammar my posts well but I guess I will have to learn the hard way.

I'm not even going to try. Think before you post.

Post edited by Rym on
  • The best episodes of Doctor Who are amazing, but there are a lot of mediocre or just plain bad ones as well. Sadly, its not really possible to skip through the series and watch only the good episodes without missing out on a lot; a lot of the time, they're only good in the context of the series as a whole.
    One that does stand alone, however, is Blink, the tenth episode of season 3. I recommend giving that a try before dismissing Doctor Who altogether.
  • edited September 2008
    The best episodes of Doctor Who are amazing, but there are a lot of mediocre or just plain bad ones as well. Sadly, its not really possible to skip through the series and watch only the good episodes without missing out on a lot; a lot of the time, they're only good in the context of the series as a whole.
    One that does stand alone, however, is Blink, the tenth episode of season 3. I recommend giving that a try before dismissing Doctor Who altogether.
    I skipped around watching only good episodes and I was fine. Then again I was watching with a Dr. Who superfan who explained things to me. Now I really want to watch the old series.

Blink has me scared of angel statues. It was the first episode I watched that got me into Dr. Who. It was also kinda scary. ((o_o))
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I've talked to a lot of people who watched the old series after being a fan of the new one and were disappointed, particularly by the pacing and visuals. I would recommend trying to get your hands on the Target novelizations instead. I used to own quite a few and they are what introduced me to the series.
    They are not crappy spinoffs (although those also exist), they are adaptations of the broadcast stories, done by the show's writers.
  • I think I can say I don't like 80% of what's going on in heroes. (I really hate this Tracy Strauss arc. Also the whole Peter becoming evil thing. I did like the part when Sylar was a cutesy dad and when he went rage on all of Costa Verde.)
  • @viga (I agree. I really don't like how they are keeping some of the same people from seasons past. It will be interesting to see how Tracy pans out, however seeing Lenderman back as a hallucination from Nick is stupid, imo. Also at the end where Hiro digs up that Adam (I think that's his name) was a bit much. I don't know where they are going, but I can guess that surprise person you see in front of Mrs. Petrelli is her husband.

As for Peter being evil, that's a relative term. Just because Claire and the rest of the group is trying to stop him, what makes him the evil person? Or are you referring to him getting Sylar's ability? I agree, I did like seeing Sylar like that. It was humorous.
    )
  • I'm slowly becoming more disappointed with the show. (There are OBVIOUS things some of the people with powers could do to solve many problems and/or get what they are aiming for. Even Hiro's vow never to go back in time is violated immediately when he goes into the future and sees what's happening since he has to GO BACK IN TIME to get back to the present. I really dislike Sylar's sudden change of heart. Many of the characters flip back and forth in their goals so often that they feel as if writers are taking turns deciding what's going to happen. The virus is stopped, Adam is dead, Patrelli's dad is running around with the psychic cop's dad whom we all thought was locked in his own nightmare forever. How the hell did he get out? there are also numerous characters who seem to disappear for episodes, and suddenly pop back up. Killing Nikki to bring in this ice-girl clone was a stupid idea, especially since they explained it as "She's a clone" and ended it at that. Fuck what?! Clones? With powers? They just totally abandoned that plot line also.
    How did Daphne know exactly the time Hiro would open that safe to steal the part of the formula? Why didn't any of the older 'heros' just FUCKING DESTROY IT in the first place? It can ruin the world and you leave that shit lying around? Destroy it so it can't cause any more problems! If Hiro wasn't being a pussy, he could just go back to before he opens the safe, open it, destroy the formula part, and Bing! Problem solved! God, I'm so aggravated.)
  • I haven't watched past the first two, I'll probably catch up at some point and hope watching them back to back will help. :-p
  • Heroes sucks now. Yet, I continue to watch it.
  • Heroes sucks now. Yet, I continue to watch it.
    QFT.
  • Heroes sucks now.
    Now?
  • So. New season of Heroes. What do you think?
  • So. New season of Heroes. What do you think?
    It actually looked kinda interesting, however I'm honestly just waiting for tv shows to go on DVD so I can watch them consecutively.

However, I do have a few exceptions. Currently the shows I will record on DVR or actually make sure I watch it when it airs is Eureka and Burn Notice.
  • I saw the episode last night. For some reason, I just don't find the show compelling anymore. The first season was wonderful, but now it is just X-Men with less compelling characters. They keep rolling the dice and changing up who is the bad guy in each plot, but little of the character development is engaging. It is a decent show now, no more, no less. I hope it can reclaim its previous compelling story lines and characters and not fall into the "jumped the shark" category.

Maybe killing off some of the current characters and taking up new characters with diversified story lines would help. I am so tired of the "what is the Patrelli family doing now" loop that has dominated most of the show.
  • I think this has or is on the rim of jumping the shark. Or just becoming X-Men but not X-Men. I'm expecting some sort of power school to come in later seasons. The latest episode was good because they did go to some basics from the first season, but this is a plot that I saw coming. The Govt. will catch 'em all.
  • I think this has or is on the rim of jumping the shark. Or just becoming X-Men but not X-Men. I'm expecting some sort of power school to come in later seasons. The latest episode was good because they did go to some basics from the first season, but this is a plot that I saw coming. TheGovt. will catch 'em all.
    You can't catch 10 Heroes!
  • I watched all of season one. If I knew how bad it was going to turn out by the end I wouldn't have bothered. Question: did Hiro need the sword or not?
  • I watched all of season one. If I knew how bad it was going to turn out by the end I wouldn't have bothered. Question: did Hiro need the sword or not?
    So short answer? No, but it was a confidence thing. He grew up idolizing everything that it stood for, so he put his faith, and therefore his power though that.
  • Short answer... could have done with that in the series. Next question: did saving the cheerleader really matter in the end?