This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Heroes

Comments

• I guess in the show he's going to fall in a coma like state, maybe they do a Kill Bill rip off and he punches his way out or someone hears him and calls an exorcist, who then stabs Adam.
  • New season starts tonight.
    Indeed. The second season didn't have much of an affect on me as the first season did, however, I'm sure it was because of the rushed ending due to the Writers' Striker. Hopefully this season will get me more interested.
    Indeed. The second season didn't have much of an affect on me as the first season did, however, I'm sure it was because of the rushed ending due to the Writers' Striker. Hopefully this season will get me more interested.
    Apparently they're going to kill off a whole bunch of characters right off the bat (including future Hiro).
  • Yea I'll be streaming this from their website later probably :-p I have stuff to do tonight.
  • Ok, so the first episode was pretty bad, even for post-Season 2 Heroes.

Spoilers (I guess Nathan "dying" and coming back is an annual thing now. Future Peter decided that the only way to stop Nathan from letting the secret out is shooting him right before he utters the words, instead of teleporting before the speech and talking it out with him. And now, on top of the "nobody can die" plot point, now we have the "everyone has powers" idea)

I hope the second episode is better than this, but I won't be able to catch it.
  • Strange, Laura watched this eps and thought it was pretty awesome.
  • I watched it, and I liked it. I don't think I'm spoiling anything in saying that the reason I liked it was because it reintroduced confusion and the "what the hell" feeling that permeated and made the overall arcs of Season 1 awesome.

Spoilers (I think it's totally cool to have everyone with powers, as it continues to re-introduce craziness. One of my favorite things about Season 1 was seeing everything coming to fruition at the end, which totally made the initial frustrations worth it, and I think we're getting a little bit of that again. Also, was it just me that noticed some other parallels to Season 1? Nathan becoming a politician again, Sylar doing the head-cutting again...maybe the creators are returning too strongly to what the fans liked?)
  • edited September 2008
    I feel like, in trying to erase everything about season 2, they completely forgot to do anything interesting in these two episodes.

And holy shit, no one is dead anymore! And worst of all Nikki is alive again! I fucking hate that character.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Spoilers (They seem to be playing the "Is she really?" card. She at the very least seems to have a different power set (Freezing) as opposed to super ass-kicking strength.

To another end: people have died (Kaito Nakamura, Mr. Linderman, and most of the old fogey brigade; DL; and anyone who does not have healing powers whose head was completely removed by Sylar [BONESAW!] Linderman seems to be back in ghosty? form. Kaito Nakamura is only back on pre-recorded DVDs.

Meanwhile, the cast of Veronica Mars is really starting to show up now. In addition to Elle, they've added Jesse Murphy from Level 5, whose body current Peter has been placed into.
    )
  • Season 3 is starting? Joy... I haven't even watched a single episode of the second season.
  • edited September 2008
    (Mohinder's power gets him laid. Joke of the show.) Anyway, I loved this so far. It's far better than the 2nd season. I don't think we should start saying there is no second season because it ended alright. (The cliffhanger of "I am your Mother." WTF?! No, I don't like that. I also don't like this Tracy Strauss thing going on. I think that african guy is another future seer like Mrs. Petrelli or another Issac since he paints. Why did Maya sudden lose her accent?! :P)
    Post edited by Viga on
  • There are a few things about last night's episode that bugged me.

(Having Linderman come back in Nathan's mind is retarded. Then he thinks he's an angel or a messenger of God. Yay, Nathan's crazy!

Now Sylar has the powers of Claire. Way to make him more invincible. Then next episode he's teaming up with Mr. Bennett? I'm sure that will go very well.

Mohinder now having powers and knowing that anyone can have powers. I guess that's probably one of the major conflicts/plots for the whole season. We'll see how it goes. It just seems kinda silly that he has powers now.

Finally we see Mrs. Petrelli's powers! Also for those who have season 2 on DVD, on the first episode you see Mr. Nakamura's powers on the deleted scenes.
    )

I think the only Hero I enjoyed watching was Hiro. He is just enjoyable to watch.

Another thing I wish they would do, is fix the plot holes. What happened to that Peter's Irish girlfriend? Did that get resolved in season 2? I forget.

Also, did anyone notice there were no Nissan's blatantly shown during that first episode. Heh.
  • Yeah! What about that Irish girl stuck in the future that may or may not still exist.

(Plus this future Peter is pissing me off. I want to see future Ando get his powers.)

@Ro (What was Mr. Nakamura's power?)
  • @viga( Mr. Nakamura's powers is that he can easily look at a stock market paper and see what stocks will be successful to invest in. It just pops out of the page.

I honestly don't think that Ando should get powers, even though it shows he does in the future. He does a good job as Hiro's sidekick and friend.

Also I am liking the French girl with speed. However, you have to wonder who she is working for. Perhaps another faction?
    )
  • @Ro (Frenchy speedy girl doesn't have an accent. Maybe it's a faction based in France? French vs. American heroes! I like though. She's cute!)
  • I really don't like this whole (Angela is Sylar's Mom thing.)
  • edited September 2008
    @Viga: (Nathan got the short end of the stick when it comes to the Petrelli family's powers, eh?)
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Stupid people three hours ahead of me.
    No doubt.
    Just say what my friend in CST says.
    "STFU, Futurefag."
    Just say what my friend in CST says.
    "STFU, Futurefag."
    WE'RE SUPERIOR! We live the future, you're living in the bloody past! Just look at Japan, why do you think they are so technologically advanced? They are the future!
  • Moral ambiguity is what made the first season good and it's great to see that it's coming back.
  • You know... I haven't seen heroes. Not a second of it. I was, however, interested in seeing it at some point.

This thread has convinced me not to. After reading all of these "spoilers," it really doesn't sound like a good show at all. -_-
  • edited September 2008
    Heroes is definitely a flawed show, but in the end it's enjoyable if not light entertainment. The first season is great, the second season is pretty good, the third season, I'm doubtful about. Why the Hell won't they kill Peter off. He's really killing the show, he is too damn powerful. Anyhow, I wouldn't write off the show from what people are talking about in the spoilers, they generally are asking questions about the weaker parts and not talking about the better parts of the eps.

But rym if you are going to watch anything WATCH BSG YOU BASTARD.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • But rym if you are going to watch anything WATCH BSG YOU BASTARD.
    Right now, I'm watching KO Century Beast (which is actually a lot better than I remembered) and a documentary series on ancient Greece, plus Slayers and Dr. Who. BSG is after all of those in the queue. ^_~
  • edited September 2008
    it really doesn't sound like a good show at all. -_-
    I'd watch the first season, but probably after BSG, yes.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • nd Dr. Who.
    Dr. Who, it better not be all of Dr. Who through the ages.. Regardless BSG is better then Dr. who :-p
  • edited September 2008
    nd Dr. Who.
    Dr. Who, it better not be all of Dr. Who through the ages.. Regardless BSG is better then Dr. who :-p
    If you picked out the best episodes of all of Dr Who, you'd have some bloody brilliant stuff on the whole. The "new" seasons have been better on average than those before them, but still, a significant majority of the best of Doctor Who is located in the older episodes.

Still, it is true that an episode of BSG is on average better than an episode of Doctor Who.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited September 2008
    Dr. Who is great. I thoroughly enjoy the TV show, but I have yet to see any of the older Dr. Who series. Heroes is good, but the second season was pretty bad. but I'm liking this third one, however.
    Post edited by Rym on