This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Are girls allowed? ;)
    No. Only adult women, with adult minds for this is an adult event for adult people such as myself.
    Nine, you're banned from Geekchat :P

I'm overruling this, by the power vested in me by the massive quantity of absinthe I consumed last night. Nine is my guest and comrade.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • If I ever get married, I'm getting the priest to say that. "By the power vested in me by the massive quantity of absinthe I consumed last night, I pronounce you man and wife!"
  • If I ever get married, I'm getting the priest to say that. "By the power vested in me by the massive quantity of absinthe I consumed last night, I pronounce you man and wife!"
    Damnit, I wish I could have used that at my wedding.
  • edited May 2012
    Nine, you're banned from Geekchat :P
    ):
    I'm overruling this, by the power vested in me by the massive quantity of absinthe I consumed last night. Nine is my guest and comrade.
    (:

Now all I have to do is keep myself 'entertained' till 2 in the morning.
    Post edited by Not nine on
    -steals for screenplay- Thank you.

• You best attrib both of us for punch-up, dawg.
  • You best attrib both of us for punch-up, dawg.
    You shall be put in the "Special Thanks" section.

• As a comedian, I'm incensed that you'd use my material without citing me properly in the credits. You'll be hearing from my attorney, who is both incredibly good at what he does and takes utmost pleasure in watching people squirm.
  • You'll be Wynd Upton Byrd, right?
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2012
    You'll be Wyndham Upton Byrd, right?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited May 2012
    Geo knows my Meatspace Name, but W. Upton Byrd will do in a pinch.

I should really have some "W. Upton Byrd" business cards made to use when it's better to have a fake persona. W. Upton Byrd: venture capitalist, photojournalist, adventurer.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • So, apparently this is in ~1.5 hours.
  • edited May 2012
    That's if we assume that people actually mean NYC time (currently EDT) when they say EST, which seems to be pretty common.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • That's if we assume that people actually mean NYC time (currently EDT) when they say EST, which seems to be pretty common.
    I'd say so, IIRC, Geo is in that time-zone.
  • Gonna be late, due to watching Game of Thrones with friends.
  • Well since EST doesn't exist when it's EDT, we tend to use them interchangeably.

My laundry seems to be tenuously holding onto its moisture, but I hope to be home soon.
  • Who's hosting this again? My screenname is VentureJ, so feel free to add me to the conversation.
  • I will try to join when I get off, I get the feeling this will go on for a while.
  • I just got home. Is this still happening?
  • Yep. C'mon in!
  • Young padawan, Geekchats of old sometimes went on for 6 or more hours. Chill.
  • We're still going with 10 people (not counting me) on now.
  • I would not mind getting in on this, hook a brother up.
  • I would not mind getting in on this, hook a brother up.
    No. NO! Not again! You will NOT betray my reality again!

• Who's hosting?
  • Geo is, I believe.
  • It's still going.
  • Woohoo, I may actually get to join if the rain lets me get home quick enough after I get off in 20 minutes.