This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• Eating Placentas, Tom Cruise Double Downs.
  • This still going on? If so my username is the same as here.
  • RUSSIAN CHEERLEADER O'CLOCK
  • Irish goodbye.
  • add me in
  • I think it's over now, though there could still be a couple of people around. It has been almost six hours since it started, after all.
  • Yet again I miss the boat. My life will never be complet.
  • Yet again I miss the boat. My life will never be complet.
    I think I still have the link to pretty russian girls, if you like?
  • My life will never be complet.
    And evidently, neither will the word "complete." ~_^
  • edited May 2012
    I quite enjoyed that chat last night. I was even productive at the same time! I should do this more often.

...plus several of you have awesome accents.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I quite enjoyed that chat last night. I was even productive at the same time! I should do this more often.

Here's looking at you, apsup and Cheese.

Though, Hungry Joe also has a voice like butter on a hot skillet. Damn, man.
  • Though, Hungry Joe also has a voice like butter on a hot skillet. Damn, man.
    Yeah, for real! And your voice was much lower than I expected, Churbs. And for some reason your accent surprised me. For about 5 seconds, and then I went "Oh, duh!"

• Though, Hungry Joe also has a voice like butter on a hot skillet. Damn, man.
    Yeah, for real! And your voice was much lower than I expected, Churbs. And for some reason your accent surprised me. For about 5 seconds, and then I went "Oh, duh!"
    I didn't have my recorder set up, so unfortunately I can't compare it at the time with baseline or with FNPL(which is pretty much baseline, but I keep the volume and intonations a little more consistent, and speak just a little slower.)

And you, ma'am, have a voice I'd walk on broken glass for.

• I quite enjoyed that chat last night. I was even productive at the same time! I should do this more often.

I HAVE NO ACCENT. OR SKILLS THAT I CAN AUTO-PILOT WHILE LISTENING TO YOU SPEAK. CURSED BE I.
  • And you, ma'am, have a voice I'd walk on broken glass for.
    That seems inadvisable. You don't need to hurt yourself... I have the internet and a built-in laptop mic!
  • My voice sucks.
  • I find that any voice is 5x more attractive when it's articulating something intelligent.
    That seems inadvisable. You don't need to hurt yourself... I have the internet and a built-in laptop mic!
    It's alright, I've got very stout boots. That said, there is a trick to walking on broken glass - it's unpleasant, like walking on gravel without shoes, but much like walking on hot coals, it can be done.

• I find that any voice is 5x more attractive when it's articulating something intelligent.
    Well fuck me. Not you personally. That would be the death of me. Not like that. Like angry-viking-revenge level of death. I don't want that to happen again.
    Well, I'm pretty sure I came off as a bumbling idiot, but I enjoyed myself regardless. We need to do this more often, possibly with an actual direction in mind (a simple game we could all participate in, or a topic we can all discuss).
  • edited May 2012
    Well, I'm pretty sure I came off as a bumbling idiot, but I enjoyed myself regardless. We need to do this more often, possibly with an actual direction in mind (a simple game we could all participate in, or a topic we can all discuss).
    Don't fuss about that silly idea. Several have tried. Now they've stopped worrying and love the Geekchat.
    Post edited by Not nine on
    Someone once said that Howlin' Wolf had a voice that sounded like a bag of broken glass being dragged across hot asphalt, and yet it was ineffably beautiful.

• GeoGeo
    edited May 2012
    My voice sucks.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • New forum rule: if you insult yourself, I'm not going to coddle you. Instead I'm going to insult you 2x worse.
  • edited May 2012
    I was originally being facetious in light of all the voice talk. I agree with your rule. I also really like my voice! It suits my general character fairly well, I feel.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • New forum rule: if you insult yourself, I'm not going to coddle you. Instead I'm going to insult you 2x worse.
    Best rule ever.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2012
    I was originally being facetious in light of all the voice talk. I agree with your rule.
    As was I. If I truly believed that, I would not have made a podcast.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited May 2012
    Oh shit! New rule get.

I'm always kinda self-conscious about what I say to you guys, since I respect everyone here quite a bit. I don't think I've established myself enough to have my distinct personality be well known, and I don't want to come off as an idiot.

Still, GeekChats are fun, and I had a great time.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • To be fair, any Skype chat with that many people is going to primarily sound like a bunch of giggling and muttering, with the occasional conversation or comment that is distinct. I don't think anyone can be faulted for how they might sound in a faceless 10-person Skype mob.