This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Angel Beats (mildly intriguing, if only to see people squashed by giant mallets out of nowhere)
    I'm actually really enjoying Angel Beats, except I can definitely see the KeyAni influence. A lot of their signature touches are there, like the main character not having any memories. Yuri is really interesting though, I'd like to see where they go with the concepts they've presented so far.
    I've stuck with the show for three episodes and the third one was really unbelievably good and by far exceeding my expectations not just for the humor factor. The show definitely has potential, even though it won't climb the Anime-Olymp.
  • Right now I've got a lot more anime than I have free time, which in the past I've had the opposite problem. On DVD I'm watching Escaflowne for the first time, I'm only through the first 8 episodes and it seems really great so far. The first episode almost made me quit because it was so slow but I stuck through it and I'm glad.

Also, I need to finish watching Paprika, I've only watched the first 20 minutes or so and it is amazing thus far.

I definitely need to watch Metropolis again because it was fantastic to me the first time.

On my streaming queue my friend and I are watching Black Butler. We're only 2 episodes into it and it seems really cool, though it often makes really rapid changes from "hahaha that's hilarious" to "oh shit this is serious" and I don't care for that, but maybe there's a reason for it in the end.

But we're watching the old school Ronin Warriors English dub as well and that's a hilariously awesome blast from the past.

But after I've finished all of this though I don't really have anything else in the hopper, except for Appleseed. There's still a crap ton of stuff I haven't seen yet I want and need too.
  • Harlock is a simple pirate who fights under his own flag.

/he'll be your captain
  • edited April 2010
    Hey, does anyone remember that show where there was a dojo of demon fighters and the one dude gets infected and grows a demon arm or something, or maybe the girl he falls in love with became a demon, I can't remember. But the art was highly stylized and really pretty and the whole show was only 13 episodes. Rym and Scott did a show on it, and I want to remember the name of it because I never got around to finishing it and want to check it out again.

[Edit] GOT IT. Kemonozume
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited April 2010
    Watching TTGL for the first time. Holy shit, this is awesome. It is a perfect combustion of Manly Souls.

Also, (spoilers): Man, FUCK Rossiu.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Watching TTGL for the first time. Holy shit, this is awesome. It is a perfect combustion of Manly Souls.
    You need to start watching more Go Nagai shows, Mazinkaiser, Shin Mazinger Z, New Getter Robo, and Kotetsushin Jeeg!
    However, this doesn't mean that I am taking credit from the epic manliness that it TTGL :P
  • Baccano! is so good.
  • You need to start watching more Go Nagai shows, Mazinkaiser, Shin Mazinger Z, New Getter Robo, and Kotetsushin Jeeg!
    However, this doesn't mean that I am taking credit from the epic manliness that it TTGL :P
    I tapped out my Spiral Energy. I have to take a break for a little while so I can get ready for the last few episodes.

Is New Getter Robo online anywhere? I'm adding that, Baccano!, and Darker Than Black to my list.
  • Kotatsuneko > Kenshiro.
    Very close but still not close enough, and because of that; You are wrong sir!
    You can't be serious. Oh, you're already dead, never mind.
  • Is New Getter Robo online anywhere?
    You can find the dvds for very cheap online.
  • edited April 2010
    Kotatsuneko > Kenshiro.
    You can't be serious. Oh, you're already dead, never mind.
    But I saw it happen!

(from 6:36, but I recommend watching the whole video)
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited April 2010
    Finished TTGL. Fucking awesome.
    But I saw it happen!
    Oh man, awesome crossover action.
  • edited May 2010
    In continuation of the awesome crossover action, I'm close to the end of Urusei Yatsura (note: "close" in this context means 23 episodes left), and on episode 2 of Hokuto no Ken.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I'm close to the end of Urusei Yatsura (note: "close" in this context means 23 episodes left
    I might watch that. College leaves one with plenty of time to kill. How many episodes is it?
    Man, FUCK that. I'll just watch several Baccano! length series.
  • Yeah, probably a good idea. Have you seen Bokurano?
  • Not yet. It'll go on the pile, along with Darker Than Black and Baccano!
  • Put it higher up on the pile than Darker than Black.
  • Is DtB any good? I've heard some okay things, but if anything on Hulu is superior, let me know.
  • It's okay, but not spectacular. A good few anime on Hulu are better.
  • edited May 2010
    I just watched the first episode of Baccano. It's pretty much awesome. Can I watch the dub on Hulu, or is it exclusively subbed?

It's only $30 on Amazon (and probably less on DeepDiscount or something), so I might just grab the DVDs.
  • I just watched the first episode of Baccano. It's pretty much awesome. Can I watch the dub on Hulu, or is it exclusively subbed?
    You can watch both on Hulu.
  • edited May 2010
    I just watched the first episode of Baccano. It's pretty much awesome. Can I watch the dub on Hulu, or is it exclusively subbed?
    You can watch both on Hulu.
    Where's the option to watch it dubbed?

EDIT: Found it. Expires in 6 days. Eff.
  • Umm...
    http://www.hulu.com/baccano
    No, I mean, I couldn't find the dubbed versions. Then I realized they just put a dubbed and a subbed episode up to get that 32 episode total.

I'm still pissed that it expires in 6 days.
  • When I go to that Hulu page I get clear options for dubbed and subbed versions of the anime, i.e. the word "Dubbed" and lower down "Subtitled" in relatively large font as soon as I open the page.