This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Watched the first episode of Kill la Kill. Over the top action, over the top everything else. Looks pretty, even gorgeous at times. Definitely a series off to a good start.
  • Watched the first episode of Kill la Kill. Over the top action, over the top everything else. Looks pretty, even gorgeous at times. Definitely a series off to a good start.
    Just watched that and the first episode of Kyoukai no Kanata. KnK was pretty good, but then I watched Kill la Kill and oh my god OH MY GOD.

Show of the season.
  • Oh my gerd. I'm barely 5 minutes into Kill la Kill. And I already love this.
  • Gonna quote Bamboo Dong about Kill la Kill.

"If it had its own smell, it'd be something like a mixture of diesel and victory."
  • Also, she gets to her Dad's basement in only one episode.. TAKE THAT, ATTACK ON TITAN.
  • edited October 2013
    On another note: I swear if CrunchyRoll doesn't stream Ippo: Rising I'm going to FREAK OUT.
    Why? You're really shooting yourself in the foot if your only source of anime is Crunchyrol and Funimation streams.

Also fuck all y'all kids watching anime in the middle of the night as it comes out. Have some respect for normal people!
    I've ignored it because isn't it just a compilation of the TV show?
    Just like Eva!
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • On another note: I swear if CrunchyRoll doesn't stream Ippo: Rising I'm going to FREAK OUT.
    Why? You're really shooting yourself in the foot if your only source of anime is Crunchyrol and Funimation streams.
    I mean, I'll go and get it from wherever I can, but it'd be real nice and convenient since I already pay for CR. :)
  • I've ignored it because isn't it just a compilation of the TV show?
    Just like Eva!
    I thought the Eva was a compilation that was crooked slightly so.
  • The Eva movies become more crooked as you get further into them.
  • The Eva movies start as compilations until movie three when they go marvelously of the rails insane in the membrane.
  • Kill La Kill

As if we didn't know, Trigger is the real deal. But this one seals it. One hit might be a fluke, especially when it's something silly like Inferno Cop. Two hits might just be because it was a special project, like Little Witch Academia. Three hits, and it's game over. Gainax is dead. Long live the new Gainax, Trigger.
  • We should do a W show soon on all those Trigger shows.
  • We should do a W show soon on all those Trigger shows.
    We already did one.

• edited October 2013
    Gah! I can't wait to get off work so I rewatch Kill la Kill again.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Gah! I can't wait to get off work so I rewatch Kill la Kill again.
    I think I could only enjoy a rewatch if there was a person there who hadn't seen it yet. But I do really want to see episode 2.
  • The Pokemon Origins Mini-Series was great.
  • Gah! I can't wait to get off work so I rewatch Kill la Kill again.
    I think I could only enjoy a rewatch if there was a person there who hadn't seen it yet. But I do really want to see episode 2.
    I was so amazed when I watched it the first time, I had to go back and rewatch it to make sure I didn't miss anything important, and I did. There's a lot going on in regards to the background, possible hints at future story threads, that can be missed because of all the action that's shoved right in your face (something they no doubt planned).
  • edited October 2013
    I've ignored it because isn't it just a compilation of the TV show?
    Just like Eva!
    I thought the Eva was a compilation that was crooked slightly so.
    Just like Puella Magi Madoka Magica!
    it'd be real nice and convenient since I already pay for CR. :)
    i am truley sorry for your lots
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • i am truley sorry for your lots
    Don't care, CR got Ippo. Everything is right!
  • Watching Ippo.
    The feels!
  • I have been surprised by Hulu's anime catalog.
  • Watching a ton of stuff, all over the anime timeline. I've started watching the new season's shows. Kill la Kill is my fave so far, but I've only watched a handful of shows. Beyond the Boundary is right behind it.

I'm also watching 009-1. That's going to expire real soon on Hulu, so I'm trying to get some more episodes in before it disappears.

I'm trying to finish the previous season's shows. I said goodbye to Watamote, which ended just like you would expect such a show to end. I think it ended in such a way that if it didn't continue, they left it in satisfying enough of a spot. I'd like to see Tomoko go all the way though high school, but if it doesn't return, I might just pick up the manga.

I need to get back into Welcome to the NHK and Yozakura Quartet.
  • Yozakura Quartet.
    That show's been rebooted what? Five times now? It's crazy.
  • Watched the first episode of Kill la Kill. Studio Trigger seems to have delivered again.
  • Kill la Kill episode 2: Now they're just trolling people with the fanservice, AND I'M FINE WITH THAT.
  • Shinseikai Yori has the coolest looking kanji font.
  • Watching Space Battleship Yamato 2199. Damn the series is good and now also finally completely available as fansubs. If they ever publish it here I am going to pick it up. Still got 10 episodes to go but I hope I can finish it tonight and then finally start Attack on Titan tomorrow, or maybe I'll catch up on Kill La Kill in between (yes, I haven't seen either yet, but I plan to).