This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• I jumped ship on that show when the stupid protagonist lost his memory.
    I kept watching, it's eh. I liked the characters, but I wouldn't really go around recommending it to anyone.
    edited July 2010
    I kept watching, it's eh. I liked the characters, but I wouldn't really go around recommending it to anyone.
    I'm still minimally interested in just finishing it. I got through a third or something like that, and there's the second season coming. But I'm slacking a bit, and am more interested in finishing some other shows.

EDIT: ANYONE ELSE HERE WATCHED SENGOKU BASARA NI?? \o/
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited July 2010
    EDIT: ANYONE ELSE HERE WATCHED SENGOKU BASARA NI??\o/
    The first season was damn near the manliest show I've ever seen, and this looks primed to beat it out for that spot. Hell, it's almost factual too (in a sense that these people did exist and were know to have fought each other)!
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited July 2010
    I'm trying to pick some anime to buy. I'm buying Giant Robo and a Getter Robo, at the very least. Can someone recommend a Getter Robo to me?

The list right now is Giant Robo, Irresponsible Cpt Tylor, and Read or Die. Might add the complete Black Lagoon or season 1 of S.A.C. Classic anime recommendations welcome.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Can someone recommend a Getter Robo to me?
    Any of them will provide some manly Getter Tamahock-ing and Getter Beam-ing action of manly awesome manliness.
  • I just got the first two boxed sets of Patlabor TV. Also, as soon as I have the time, I'm going to start watching Michiko e Hatchin again.
  • I'm still minimally interested in just finishing it. I got through a third or something like that, and there's the second season coming. But I'm slacking a bit, and am more interested in finishing some other shows.
    Yeah, honestly don't bother, not worth your time.
  • Yeah, honestly don't bother, not worth your time.
    It'll be low-low on the list.
  • Trying to catch up on Anime fandom, watching: Occult Academy, Amagami, Legend of Legendary Heroes. All mediocre.

Cat Shit One on the other hand, what an show. Good timing to capitalize on the Modern Warfare fad, only with anthropomorphic animals. It's surprising entertaining watching rabbits kill camels.
  • I just finished Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig, and I thought it was awesome, but the ending left me feeling sorta... like I don't know if I like that ending. Will Solid State Society make me happier? Either way I'm going to watch it. SAC was a show I never thought I'd have any remote interest in, but it was kickass.
  • I finished Space Battleship Yamato 2.

Fuck. Am I actually achieving the impossible dream of watching all the Leiji Matsumoto shows? I've seen all of GX999, Harlock, Yamato. What now?
  • I finished Space Battleship Yamato 2.

Fuck. Am I actually achieving the impossible dream of watching all the Leiji Matsumoto shows? I've seen all of GX999, Harlock, Yamato. What now?
    Maybe the 1970's ones, all you need to do now is watch Queen Melennia, but it's never going to be released so I don't even feel bad about linking to a torrent. It's a torrent for the movie that AWO reviewed the TV series has never been fansubbed to compleation. But in the late 1990's/early 2000's there was a rash of Matsumoto remakes. Of those, the best is Galaxy Railways.
  • Finished watching Toaru Majutsu no Index. Finale wasn't an ending at all but more of a lead in for the 2nd season that is slated to come out in the fall.
  • I've been checking out FMA: Brotherhood and Highschool of the Dead. Also trying to get back into One Piece. I think it's about time to rewatch Cowboy Bebop and maybe Samurai Champloo in the near future as well.
  • I'm now watching Space Symphony Maetel, trying to complete my Matsumo viewing experience.

It's supposed to be a prequel to GX999, and so far it is consistent. The only thing is that it barely makes any sense. One second Queen Promethium is all nice, then a bitch, then nice, then a bitch. Then it's the real Promethium, then it's a clone, then it's real, then it's a clone. Then Maetel is good, then she's bad, then she's good, then she's bad.

At least the main character, Nazca, is easy to identify with. He screams "What the hell is going on? This makes no sense!"

It's almost as if as they went through the show they kept changing their mind about the plot episode to episode, but never bothered to go back and fix the old episodes to be consistent. There are also some deus ex machinas that come out of nowhere.

Oh yeah, I'm only half done with the show so far.

Thankfully, the show does have one constant, and that is Harlock and Tochiro kicking some ass. Can't go wrong there.
  • I've started watching Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan. Sweet Zombie Jesus, the gore is off the Roth-o-scope.
  • It goes to complete shit when the poop jokes come.
  • edited July 2010
    It goes to complete shit when the poop jokes come.
    Well, there were already poop jokes in the first episode with the diarrhea faces, which were hilarious. But yeah, I got 4 episodes to go. Let's see.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I've watched through the three episodes of Asobi ni Ikuyo! just now. Right now I kind of like it and there's a bunch of new, interesting ideas and lots of pretty cool ideas aside from fanservice hijinks. But for fucks sake, why do we have to follow the same tropes in every single romantic comedy? The male character is afraid of boobies and his childhood friend is a bitch who hates perverts. Seriously, I wish Japan would stop this. >_>
  • I just finished watching Byōsoku 5 SenchimÄ“toru (5 cm/s) for the second time. I really, really enjoyed it (again). Very simplistic in its creation and inception, yet extremely powerful. Makoto Shinkai is pretty brilliant.
  • I just watched Mind Game. There are very few things I call truly original. This film has had made that list.

P.S. Patlabor TV is kicking all sorts of ass right now.
  • I'm trying to convince a friend that the characters in lucky star are in fact super deformed, my argument consist of the fact that they are shown out of SD form in the show a few times, can anyone tell me an episode where this happens, I forget. =w=
  • What about the intro? It doesn't show their faces but their bodies, long hair w/ color, and school attire helps distinguish who is who.
  • I'm trying to convince a friend that the characters in lucky star are in fact super deformed, my argument consist of the fact that they are shown out of SD form in the show a few times, can anyone tell me an episode where this happens, I forget. =w=
    From what I've seen of the show, it's hard to believe that they could be more super deformed than they already are.
  • edited August 2010
    What about the intro? It doesn't show their faces but their bodies, long hair w/ color, and school attire helps distinguish who is who.
    Oh...well now, I feel stupid. ._.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
    You want proof, just look at the adults in the show. Even Konata's 40-something year old father looks like a kid with stubble. Also, nobody's head goes that wide compared to their shoulders. It just doesn't happen.
  • Also, nobody's head goes that wide compared to their shoulders.
  • edited August 2010
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Did anybody watch all of Night Raid? I watched one episode last year but I don't know if I should finish it.
  • Yuno's enormous head
    And that's not even the widest they can go in Hidamari. But the point is, they're super-deformed when their heads are that huge.

And I still <3 Hidamari, for the record. :)