This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Yep. Definitely watch Princess Tutu.
  • Today I watched the first two episodes of Princess Tutu in my last High School Anime Club ever. Good riddance (Most of the people complained about the show anyways, and were determined to dislike it). I, however, am intrigued, and want to see where this goes.
  • edited June 2010
    Today I watched the first two episodes of Princess Tutu in my last High School Anime Club ever. Good riddance (Most of the people complained about the show anyways, and were determined to dislike it). I, however, am intrigued, and want to see where this goes.
    Man, anyone who complains about Princess Tutu is a toolbag. You are correct to keep watching.

As for where it goes, here's a hint, courtesy of the internets.
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • I am wallowing in shame for watching K-On! but being slightly less otaku awful by watching Durarara!!.
  • Today I watched the first two episodes of Princess Tutu in my last High School Anime Club ever. Good riddance (Most of the people complained about the show anyways, and were determined to dislike it). I, however, am intrigued, and want to see where this goes.
    The start is utter shit.

Relatively seen.

Compared to the end.

Oh yeah.
  • Are you seriously telling me that Princess Tutu is fucking metal?
    The classical equivalent.
    Have you ever seen Princess Tutu?
  • edited June 2010
    I have borrowed a copy of Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise which I will watch this weekend. I have watched a few clips of it and if I did not know this came out in 1987 I would of thought it came out like 5 years ago.
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on
  • Have you everseenPrincess Tutu?
    No, that's why I'm inquiring.
  • edited June 2010
    I have borrowed a copy of Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise which I will watch this weekend. I have watched a few clips of it and if I did not know this came out in 1987 I would of thought it came out like 5 years ago.
    Witness the tragedy of Gainex.
    Fromimageimage to image
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • I just finished watching Soul Eater. The sick thing is that I really liked it. (No, the sick thing is that I can enjoy a dumb fighting show like Soul Eater, and still get called a movie snob by my roommate.) Welp, better take a look at that new episode of K-ON!!, there are still some people on the internet who think I have good taste. ^_^
  • there are still some people on the internet who think I have good taste. ^_^
    Those people are idiots, like the ones who think you have bad taste. Anime, like all media, is first and foremost entertainment. Does it entertain you? Good, it has done what it is supposed to do.

... and thanks for the note, I had forgotten about that new episode.
  • there are still some people on the internet who think I have good taste. ^_^
    Those people are idiots, like the ones who think you have bad taste. Anime, like all media, is first and foremost entertainment. Does it entertain you? Good, it has done what it is supposed to do.
    Heh, that's basically my thoughts on the matter. Besides, nobody on the internet actually cares whether I have good taste. Not when there's pointless trivia about Justin Bieber going untweeted.
    ... and thanks for the note, I had forgotten about that new episode.
    Most blogs have RSS feeds for specific categories, and most fansubbers have categories for each show they do, so you can just use Google Reader or something to keep track of it.
  • Most blogs have RSS feeds for specific categories, and most fansubbers have categories for each show they do, so you can just use Google Reader or something to keep track of it.
    I had forgotten about it after I had downloaded it. I'm well set-up notification-wise. ;)
  • I have borrowed a copy of Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise which I will watch this weekend. I have watched a few clips of it and if I did not know this came out in 1987 I would of thought it came out like 5 years ago.
    Witness the tragedy of Gainex.
    Fromimagetoimage
    There are a lot of people who do not see a problem, sadly.
  • There are a lot of people who do not see a problem, sadly.
    And then there's the equally pathetic lot of people who say it's a problem but who refuse to make the making of what-they-blindly-see-as 'better' more profitable. Comparing films to tv series is pathetic, especially seeing as the latter is merely made to make money and the former was just them being told to make whatever the fuck they wanted with a ridiculously ginormous budget.

Go make a proper comparison.
  • I had forgotten about it after I had downloaded it. I'm well set-up notification-wise.;)
    Ah. I just save everything to my desktop. Since I can comprehend that the start menu exists, I don't have program icons or other junk cluttering up my desktop, I use it as a glorified inbox/to-do list. It works really well with Win7's little "show desktop" button in the taskbar. ("What did you do today?" "Oh, I told some people on the internet about my filing system." Life of excitement, folks.)

Back on-topic, I just finished watching Shigofumi. It's pretty good, and a bit smarter than the stuff I usually watch. That said, I'm not sure I'll ever watch it again, it doesn't seem like I'd get anything else out of it a second time.
  • I just finished The Wings of Honneamise.. fucking awesome.
  • I just finished the first Patlabor movie...again. Still awesome. Everybody go watch it. Also, I'm just drawing to the close of the original Macross series. Love story IN SPACE!!!

Has anybody seen the most recent Macross series (Macross Frontier)? I've looked at some of the character art and they look very moe-like. Should I charge forth (like Macross Plus) or stay the fuck away (like Macross Zero)?
  • Just finished Blood+. I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would based on the beginning of the show. It is still rife with typical anime tropes that I don't like, but there were some flashes of awesome. This show probably has my favorite main character death ever. That alone makes me happy I watched it. Overall, I liked it, but not enough to watch it again. Especially not at 50 episodes long.
  • Has anybody seen the most recent Macross series (Macross Frontier)? I've looked at some of the character art and they look very moe-like. Should I charge forth (like Macross Plus) or stay the fuck away (like Macross Zero)?
    Macross Zero wasn't amazing by any stretch, but I wouldn't list it as stay the fuck away.
  • Macross Zero wasn't amazing by any stretch, but I wouldn't list it as stay the fuck away.
    Well, let's say Macross 2 instead.
  • edited June 2010
    Has anybody seen the most recent Macross series (Macross Frontier)? I've looked at some of the character art and they look very moe-like. Should I charge forth (like Macross Plus) or stay the fuck away (like Macross Zero)?
    If you count yourself as any kind of fan of Macross. You should check out Macross Frontier. There is one character design that makes a grab for the moe audience but her screen time throughout the series is easy to ignore. I forget her name but she is a Zendratti that when she transformer to human form she is this little girl. But when she is in her full giant size Zendratti form she is a young adult woman. Other than that series isn't bad.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Watching Paranoia Agent with people who haven't seen it before is fun.
  • Rewatched the first two discs of Last Exile this weekend. I had forgotten what a gorgeous (and flipping awesome) show it is.
  • Just watched the Read or Die OAV for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is the TV series any good? Any other steampunky anime worth seeing (besides Last Exile and Steamboy, I've seen those)?
  • edited June 2010
    Just watched the Read or Die OAV for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is the TV series any good? Any other steampunky anime worth seeing (besides Last Exile and Steamboy, I've seen those)?
    Wikipedia lists Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, and Howl's Moving Castle (all Studio Ghibli works) as steampunk. Turn A Gundam is also on there, along with Steam Detectives, Metropolis, Future Boy Conan, D. Gray Man, and Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. The Ghibli stuff is all worth seeing; I haven't seen the others to comment on their quality, however.
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • Just watched the Read or Die OAV for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is the TV series any good? Any other steampunky anime worth seeing (besides Last Exile and Steamboy, I've seen those)?
    If you like the plot of Last Exile, you'd probably really like Scrapped Princess. It's more midevil that steampunk, but there's lots of tech too. I know that doesn't sound like it makes any sense, but you'll understand if you watch it.
  • Witness the tragedy of Gainex.
    From astronauts raping Jehovah's witnesses to:
    Anzu goes to a preschool with her friends, the shy Koume and the eccentric Hiiragi. Together they try to attract attention from their caretaker Tsuchida. However, he is clearly more interested in the pretty Yamamoto who supervises the class next door.
    and I'm literally unsure which which is worse, considering today's anime fandom.