This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Comments

• New vid is neat. ME WANT T-T Hurry up Nintendo, make me a time machine!
  • Considering the game is less than two months away, I hope that Nintendo starts talking about characters again. There is only so long I can go with updates to the website talking only of items and modes.
  • Oh my god. The Arwing part made me nerdgasm!!
  • I tried to draw a Snake Kirby in science, and I did pretty good at predicting what it would look like!
    Also, I almost nerdgasm'd as well, SniperDragon. I'm a sucker for StarFox...
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl goes gold. It looks to be just the Japanese version for now, but at least there won't be any more developmental delays.
  • Hells yeah, Dragoon! That was certainly unexpected ^^
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawlgoes gold. It looks to be just the Japanese version for now, but at least there won't be any more developmental delays.
    Give me a game with more than a paragraph of text, and I'll give you a game that came out at least six months later because apprently my mind will explode if I get a game that's not been translated into French even if I'm Scottish and hence able to play american english games (even if "Color" and "Colour" will always plague me).
  • HOLY FUCK!Pikmin join the fight!
    None of my friends believed me months ago when I said that Olimar was totally going to be chosen.
  • edited January 2008
    Do you guys think the different colours of the Pikmin are going to have different effects or attacks? How many more characters do you think will be chosen? The release date is coming up shortly, so I think that they will have some massive announcements coming soon.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • The Final Smashes just keep getting cooler and cooler!
  • I wonder how easy it's going to be to aim the grenade launcher, though...
  • Meh, I expected Snake to summon a Metal Gear or something like that.
  • I think it will use the motion sensor if you use the Wiimote/Nunchuck setup and you will have to manually aim with everything else. I think that people will not just use one controller setup (they will switch setups depending on the character) if my prediction is true.
  • Meh, I expected Snake to summon a Metal Gear or something like that.
    The Metal Gear is in his stage, I believe. Plus, if they were to do that it would be far too similar to Fox's Final Smash.
  • edited January 2008
    *removed because it is no longer valid*
    Post edited by spiritfiend on
  • Nintendo has pushed back the release date again! It is now a month later (March 9).
  • *Screams angrily at computer!* My friend Latroy predicted this. Well I guess my cash for it can go toward stuff at Katsucon.
  • *pats Viga* Are there more details?
  • They only pushed back the release date for Japan to January 31, which causes me to wonder why they decided to torture the people in North America for another month.
  • They only pushed back the release date for Japan to January 31, which causes me to wonder why they decided to torture the people in North America for another month.
    My best guess is to make room for Wii fit.
  • edited January 2008
    (Post deleted by user)
  • edited January 2008
    Lucario has been accidentally confirmed as a playable character. Good job Nintendo. From what I can tell from the video and article, the stickers are really starting to sound like the Support and Help Komas from Jump Superstars and Ultimate Stars.
  • The dojo update is classic game demos. They wasted space on a game because they don't want to offer virtual console demos.

Weak move Nintendo.
  • Actually its quite smart on Nintendo's part (not necessarily for us,) since for gamers who aren't old enough to have played those game it gives them an understanding of where they came from. Plus it will likely sell these games to those players since they will have had a chance to try them.
  • Actually its quite smart on Nintendo's part (not necessarily for us,) since for gamers who aren't old enough to have played those game it gives them an understanding of where they came from. Plus it will likely sell these games to those players since they will have had a chance to try them.
    Yeah, I agree. A lot of people played Smash Bros. Melee without really understanding who Ice Climbers and Mr. Game+ Watch were. Now they can find out.
  • What?! This is an awesome idea! I don't see how it's wasted space!
  • I definitely agree. I grew up in the age of the SNES, so I have not played Ice Climbers or Kid Icarus, and I really do want to play them, but I don't have any money to buy games on the VC. This will allow me to catch up somewhat on an entire era of gaming I seem to have missed.
  • What?! This is an awesome idea! I don't see how it's wasted space!
    It's not really wasted space but wasted time because there was development time put into to making chunks of old games work instead of getting the game out sooner. The other consoles offer download demos for their games, but it looks like Nintendo can't be bothered with it.
  • I'm pretty sure that programming the demo was easy. Not much development time was used on it.