This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Comments

• If I had enough money for a Wii, I would totally get that game. SSB was my favorite game back when I played with my N64.
    edited October 2007
    What's the best news? You can use a Game Cube controller to play the game!!!
    Eh, that's old news. *points to the control schemes*

Here's the link, it was posted on Friday, 08/06/2007
    Post edited by ... on
  • What's the best news? You can use a Game Cube controller to play the game!!!
    Until yesterday Nintendo's American Press Room site had no details on the game so it was news to me.
  • I'm pretty sure they delayed the game purely to inflate sales after the holiday season. :(
  • I'm pretty sure they delayed the game purely to inflate sales after the holiday season. :(
    I read a few interviews and one thing that did pop up is that they do not want it to compete with Mario Galaxy. The other thing they mention is beefing up the online play.
    I read a few interviews and one thing that did pop up is that they do not want it to compete with Mario Galaxy. The other thing they mention is beefing up the online play.
    Then the delay is all for good then. If it means a better game then it's good to be all for it despite the delay still sucking a bit.
  • Until yesterday Nintendo's American Press Room site had no details on the game so it was news to me.
    O: Slow American Press Room site!
    The other thing they mention is beefing up the online play.
    And awesome!
  • New Pork City. Where's it from? I'm guessing Earthbound...
  • Wait... Being able to do a home run contest with/against a fellow FRC forum member. WINS! Barrier! WINS! :D *hugs sandbag*
  • What's the best news? You can use a Game Cube controller to play the game!!!

Here's the link, it was posted on Friday, 08/06/2007
    Does this mean that they are putting the game out for Gamecube also? I really love SuperSmashBros., but I'm not going to buy a Wii just to play it. I personally hate the Wii. =/
  • Why do you HATE the Wii?

Also, no, it'll only be for the Wii. The game just supports the use of a Gamecube Controller.
  • Why do you HATE the Wii?

Also, no, it'll only be for the Wii. The game just supports the use of a Gamecube Controller.
    I just don't like the playing style, games, or controller. Basically I don't like the Wii. It's an innovative idea, but until they make high amounts of really AWESOME blow-me-away games for it, I find it a waste of money.
  • I just don't like the playing style, games, or controller. Basically I don't like the Wii. It's an innovative idea, but until they make high amounts of really AWESOME blow-me-away games for it, I find it a waste of money.
    Then just hold on to your gamecube controller and get a Wii just for Brawl. It's most definitely worth it.
  • Is it just me or does anyone else want a plushie of the sandbag?
  • There's a plushie of Sandbag? (NOT _THE_, DAMNIT! Sandbag is his own character! *points to the eyes* They move!)
    I'd buy it at con on the quickness!
  • edited October 2007
    Is it just me or does anyone else want a plushie of the sandbag?
    I'm still waiting for the Weighted Companion Cube plushie that Value needs to release...
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Is it just me or does anyone else want a plushie of the sandbag?I'm still waiting for the Weighted Companion Cube plushie that Value needs to release...
    Same here.  I think it's amazing how Valve created the Companion Cube, made you think it was awesome by putting love notes on the walls, and will now sell us a plushie just so we can feel cool about ourselves.  They've created an Internet phenomenon and people will buy the game and a plushie because of it.  Brilliant!
    I'd buy it at con on the quickness!
    I'll make one on the quickness. I've got a bunch of fabric laying around this new-fangled house, and a lotta stuffing, so why buy when I can make?
  • So now there's a Pictochat stage.  I think it's a sign that I've been listening to too many old Fast Karate episodes, but one of my first thoughts was whether a "Space Gun" will appear.
    I know it isn't going to happen, but it would be hillarious if it did.
  • edited October 2007
    Or maybe a penis phoenix... or a candiru...
    I'm really looking forward to this stage.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • It would be really cool if your friends could influence it by drawing in Pictochat on their DS's.
  • It would be really cool if your friends could influence it by drawing in Pictochat on their DS's.

That would make it the greatest stage EVER!

That would make it the greatest stage EVER!
    I think the pictochat stage is dumb, but if they do that THEN it would be awesome!
  • I'm expecting you can either download drawings for that stage, or make them on your DS and send them to the Wii memory. I do hope of course you can change the stage in real time with your DS, but meh.
  • I'm expecting you can either download drawings for that stage, or make them on your DS and send them to the Wii memory. I do hope of course you can change the stage in real time with your DS, but meh.
    Of course if this were to happen all that would show up on the stage would be penises.
    Of course if this were to happen all that would show up on the stage would be penises.
    Yeah, 3 levels worth of penises, then you will wonder "How fucking annoying/hard can I make this stage while still be able to play SSBB properly?" and you'll start designing awesome/intense/hard/whatever levels. And Nintendo probably puts up some extra stages as to keep the downloads section from being 100% penises.
  • King Dedede is going to be awesome! The Kirby series is finally getting more love in this game and there are finally more heavy characters other than DK and Bowser!
  • King Dedede is going to be awesome! The Kirby series is finally getting more love in this game and there are finally more heavy characters other than DK and Bowser!
    Oh mans, what a good choice. Dedede will fuck shit up!
  • I blinked when I read "King Dedede". Was like ". . . not possible." Clicked and saw the awesome. Can't wait for his special moves. :D Kirby + friends = win.