This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

1171819202123»

Comments

• So you know jack shit.
  • Wait, why is this relevant at all?
  • It's just interesting to know that the characters were planned, but never made. With all of the game's delays, it's not hard to believe that the characters were never made. I can imagine they were saving them until the end, since most look like clones anyways (Plusle and Minun compare to Pikachu, Roy to Marth, Mewtwo to Lucario, Toon Zelda/Sheik to Zelda/Sheik, Dr. Mario to Mario), but then ran out of time and decided not to.
    And I do know something, that there are folders with the character's names on them, but they don't have all of the model data that the other folders have, because they are too small in file size, having probably less than a tenth of the size.
    edited September 2009
    And I do know something
    I don't mean 'you' singular, just 'you' plural as in the fans (me included). I meant, with the knowledge of:
    One theory is that Plusle and Minun (which is from a folder called Pra_Mai) is actually the data for the Random Button, but we're not sure.
    and the inaccessibility of the folders, that you can say nothing about the other low file-sized folders named after non-existent characters. Also, I still don't see how some of those folders can't just hold some minor data for in-game cutscenes. Unless of course these are all pre-rendered and not drawn on the spot.

My apologies for not being as transparent earlier.
    Post edited by ... on
  • But, still, those characters don't appear in any cutscenes, as I already said.
  • Nintendo really needs to get on with patches and downloadable content. Being able to un-rig characters like Olimar, Snake, and Ike would be great.
  • Meta Knight. If they could make Meta Knight fair, I would actually go to Brawl tournaments.
    It's unlikely Sakurai will ever make another Smash Bros., but if he does, he should make DLC so it's his last Smash Bros. game. Every half a year, they'll come out with bug fixes, a new character or two, new stages, etc.
    It'd make all of us very happy, and make his job a lot easier.
  • Meta Knight. If they could make Meta Knight fair, I would actually go to Brawl tournaments.
    I wouldn't, I couldn't be bothered with the whole "FOX ONLY NO ITEMS FINAL DESTINATION OR YOUR A N00B" attitude that pervades them.
  • edited September 2009
    The Super Smash Brothers games are a series of party games.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • The Super Smash Brothers games are a series of party games.
    Not in my group of friends. To us, it has full-life consequences. It's serious business.
  • JayJay
    edited September 2009
    Nintendo really needs to get on with patches and downloadable content. Being able to un-rig characters like Olimar, Snake, and Ike would be great.
    Really Olimar? I understand he's a good character but there are at least 8 others above him on the hit list. That tether ledge grab is so easy to ledge guard it immediately balances out his offense. *edit* Also, Ike is a horrible character. Just go into practice mode for 20 minutes and practice air dodging/rolling against a comp Ike. Except for his jab and reverse/forward aerial and his up B all his moves have at least a quarter second delay. He is a very vulnerable character you just need to get used to seeing his start up animations.
    Meta Knight. If they could make Meta Knight fair, I would actually go to Brawl tournaments.
    It's unlikely Sakurai will ever make another Smash Bros., but if he does, he should make DLC so it's his last Smash Bros. game. Every half a year, they'll come out with bug fixes, a new character or two, new stages, etc.
    It'd make all of us very happy, and make his job a lot easier.
    You need MK and Snake nerfed at the very least. Those two alone ruin the entire meta game as all the top tier characters are ones that have by luck some tactic that can handle them. In addition to buff's to roughly half the cast.

As for the last Smash game, Brawl made crazy profits and the next iteration will likely make just as much. DLC just extends one titles viability, lengthening the time Nintendo has to wait before the market is ready for a new game. Also, the majority of Nintendo's target audience isn't the hard core gamer that would buy down loadable content like new characters.

Maybe in an attempt to lengthen the a new games tournament scene they would release patches to fix imbalances but even then I doubt that would increase sales enough to justify the effort.
    The Super Smash Brothers games are a series of party games.
    Actually the latest iteration, though horribly balanced, does have quiet a bit of depth. It's not as skill based a game as say Street Fighter or Guilty Gear but its nothing to laugh at either. I can play at near Pro level in both Brawl and Soul Caliber 4 and I would say Brawl took more practice to get to that point and takes more focus to play well in game.
    Post edited by Jay on