This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Metal" is the best thread title here.

Comments

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13wM7Iqdzb8
  • I'll be seeing BTBAM live next week, with Scale the Summit, Devin Townsend, and Cynic.

Hey, I never grabbed their latest album. I should do that.
  • BtBaM is great.
  • I have like all of their albums... I think. If not all then a lot... I really like Cynic also thanks to a friend from school. I don't have any albums but I've been meaning to get one. Or more.
  • Looks like Rhapsody of Fire's got an album coming out on March 5, 2010. I like them a lot.

What do you guys think about the recent rumors about System of a Down's return? I hope they come back together.
  • I see no reason for SoaD to get back together.
  • edited January 2010
    Is it me, or is the progressive tag being thrown around randomly? Seriously, half of the things labeled as Prog these days are anything but, maybe Technical, but not in any way Prog.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I don't love System Of A Down but they had some good stuff. I'm not too sure if they could make any more.
  • I see no reason for SoaD to get back together.
    This. Their last albums were passable, at best. Serj Tankian is more interesting when he's doing his own thing, anyway.
  • Attack Attack!= Crabcore.

My deep guilty pleasure.
  • edited January 2010
    Attack Attack!= Crabcore.

My deep guilty pleasure.
    wat
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • BtBaM is great.
    Win.

Going to see Nile and Abigail Williams in February, and then maybe KSE in March if I can go on a school night.
  • Crabcore is where you do a funny dance while playing Screamo. I'm not joking (but they might be).
  • Crabcore is where you do a funny dance while playing Screamo.
    I'm well aware, it's just that the notion of enjoying Attack Attack! perplexes me.
  • edited January 2010
    Crabcore is where you do a funny dance while playing Screamo.
    I'm well aware, it's just that the notion of enjoying Attack Attack! perplexes me.
    And you guys call Wolf Eyes noise.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Hells yeah, I find it awesome to enjoy some emo and screamo stuff and awesome metal bands that are in this thread. I love lots of weird shit aside from what everyone else loves. :)

Oh, found this pretty damn awesome YouTube video the other day, thought I'd share with you:

• And you guys call Wolf Eyes noise.
    Oh you.

For the record, I could see myself liking Wolf Eyes. I just find it heartless and soul-crushing.
  • Going to see Nile and Abigail Williams in February
    No you're not. Abigail Williams canceled their involvement with the tour due to a drummer injury.
  • Crabcore is where you do a funny dance while playing Screamo.
    Might as well listen to Enter Shikari!
    :3
  • Going to see Nile and Abigail Williams in February
    No you're not. Abigail Williams canceled their involvement with the tour due to a drummer injury.
    Wow, that fucking sucks. I was looking forward to seeing them the most aside from Nile.
  • Wow, that fucking sucks. I was looking forward to seeing them the most aside from Nile.
    Are you familiar with Immolation at all? Their set was fucking awesome.
  • edited January 2010
    Wow, that fucking sucks. I was looking forward to seeing them the most aside from Nile.
    Are you familiar with Immolation at all? Their set was fucking awesome.
    No, not really, but I'll look into them now.

EDIT: Not really my cup of tea, but I'm looking into the other bands in the tour.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • edited January 2010
    EDIT: Not really my cup of tea, but I'm looking into the other bands in the tour.
    If you listened to anything off of Shadows in the Light, be warned that that's a shitty album. Try Close to a World Below; it's pretty solid blackened death metal.

Anyhow, Nile kicks everyone's ass, so you'll at least enjoy that.

EDIT: I've seen that Attack Attack! video before. The music is awful, but the crabwalk is made of lulz. Finally, something that us hair-twirlers can laugh at!
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Hey Whaleshark, how do you feel about Melvins?
  • edited January 2010
    Instrumentals.
    Post edited by Sixthpence on
  • Instrumentals.

Me definitley likey. Downloaded their albums, I'll see how much more of their stuff I like.
  • Instrumentals.
    Me definitley likey. Downloaded their albums, I'll see how much more of their stuff I like.
    Most of their stuff is like this, but in a good way.
    Check out the rest of their album The Discovery, but I also enjoyed the album The Map Is Not the Territory. (Those being the only two albums I have)
    Good stuff man, good stuff!

Be Warned! Not on iTunes. :[